Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHAT ARE SOME OF THE NOTED INDIVIDUALS FROM THE CARIBBEAN or of that BACKGROUND

Credits

WHAT ARE SOME OF THE NOTED INDIVIDUALS FROM THE CARIBBEAN or of that BACKGROUND

I am CURIOUS to know the MANY NOTABLE persons from the CARIBBEAN or of CARIBBEAN background.

A LIKKLE info on these individuals would be nice too.

I will start it off.

ADONAL FOYLE: Adonal Foyle is from St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

He went to COLGATE UNIVERSITY where he was one of the TOP PLAYERS in teh country.

He was drafted by the Golden State Warriors as the 8th overall pick at the 1997 NBA Draft.

In 2004, he signed five-year, $41.6 million contract to stay with the Warriors.

Adonal's dedication to community service earned him the Mayor of San Francisco's 1998 Sports Hero Award for his "commitment to the underprivileged children of the city of San Francisco." In 1997, the American Heart Association named him their "Athlete With A Heart".

Adonal Foyle is presently pursuing a Master's Degree in Sports Psychology at John F. Kennedy University in Moraga, California.

In the summer of 2001, Adonal founded the organization of Democracy Matters, a non-partisan organization that gives students a voice in issues of democracy.

Credits
    DASENT, SIR GEORGE WEBBE (1817-1896), English writer, was born in St Vincent, West Indies, on the 22nd of May 1817, the son of the attorney-general of that island. He was educated at Westminster school, Kings College, and Oxford, where he was a contemporary of J. T. Delane (q.v.), whose friend he had become at Kings College. On leaving the university in 1840 he was appointed to a diplomatic post in Stockholm. Here he met Jacob Grimm, and at his suggestion first interested himself in Scandinavian literature and mythology. In 1842 he published the results of his studies, a version. of The Prose or Younger Edda, and in the following year he issued a Grammar of the Icelandic or Old-N orse Tongue, taken from the Swedish. Returnirig to England ~n. 1845, he became assistant editor of The Times under Delane, whose sister he married; but he still continued his Scandinavian studies, publishing translations of various Norse stories. In 1853 he was appointed professor of English literature and modern history at Kings College, London. In 1861-1862 he visited Iceland, and subsequently published Gisli the Outlaw and ether translations from the Icelandic. In 1870 he was appointed a civil service commissioner and consequently resigned his post ~n The Times. In 1876 he was knighted. He retired from the public service in 1892, and died at Ascot on the 11th of June 1896. In addition to the works mentioned above, he published The Story of Burnt Njal, from the Icelandic of the Njals Saga (1861).

Juksan Stabbs
    Both Anson Carter and Kevin Weekes are Bajans getting on wufless in the NHL. And Tiger Woods has Bajan ancestry too apparently

TRINIPOWA
    ADONAL FOYLE is averaging 3.7 points per game and 4.4 rebounds....

HE SUCKS!!!!

Credits
    That basketball player Tim Duncan is ......is from the Caribbean .i forgot what island he is from though............and that Model tyson is from trinidad......and wendel from the parent hood is from the caribbean........so is India irie ..and many more
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinadian
    That basketball player Tim Duncan is ......is from the Caribbean .i forgot what island he is from though............and that Model tyson is from trinidad......and wendel from the parent hood is from the caribbean........so is India irie ..and many more
    Tyson Beckford has Jamaican roots.

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by TRINIPOWA
    ADONAL FOYLE is averaging 3.7 points per game and 4.4 rebounds....

HE SUCKS!!!!
    he does.

sharkie
    naomi campbell, tatyana ali, foxy brown....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by fiyah
    Tyson Beckford has Jamaican roots.
    hey i hear he is has Trini roots.................i seen him on Cin in trinidad talking like a triniman
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:

Credits
    Louis Farrakhan- St.Kitts
    Cicely Tyson-Nevis
    Malcolm X-Grenada
    Alexander Hamilton-Nevis
    Marcus Garvey-Jamaica
    Jamaica Kincaid-Antigua
    Last edited by sk gyal; 02-28-2005 at 01:23 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sk gyal
    Louis Farrakhan- St.Kitts
    Cicely Tyson-Nevis
    Malcolm X-Grenada
    Alexander Hamilton-Nevis
    Marcus Garvey-Jamaica
    \
    HUH MALCOLM X IS FROM GRENEDA

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait
    naomi campbell, tatyana ali, foxy brown....
    Naomi campbell also has Jamaican roots.

Credits
    Tim Duncan is from St. Croix, USVI.

Credits
    hey i hear he is has Trini roots.................i seen him on Cin in trinidad talking like a triniman
    Six foot, two, Tyson Beckford, was born the the Bronx, NY, on December 19, 1971.

His father is from Jamaica, and although her was born in the Bronx, he grew up in Jamaica and Rochester, NY.

Credits
    \
    HUH MALCOLM X IS FROM GRENEDA
    Yeah...his mother was born and raised there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast