Thread: What really is a "broken home"?

Credits

What really is a "broken home"?

....the term is used when there is one parent is in the home?...is this really what it is or is it really a concept, like values?

Do u think the absence of a parent makes a prominent affect on a child?
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

Taj
    Credits
    IMO I see it as the same as a dysfunctional home and you can have a 2 parent home and its broken/dysfunctional but I know many view "broken" as single parent or after divorce situations.

2nd question:
    I think most times yes, but it depends on the child each person is different.
    Eg. on one hand the parent's absence could be a good thing because they wouldn't have a positive influenceanyway (substance abuse problems, not mature enough to raise a child, selfish etc) but up to a certain age kids can't realize this and still wish for the parent to be there so the longing can still affect them.
    On the other hand another kid may not care, and another one may say he/she doesn't care but carry the bitterness around.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    well somone could be raised by ther grandparents or grandmothe alone and they come out a strong individual or better that those who grew up with both parents. I think a "broken home" is one without values...
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by vincyempress View Post
    ....the term is used when there is one parent is in the home?...is this really what it is or is it really a concept, like values?

Do u think the absence of a parent makes a prominent affect on a child?
    1st: IMO it is a concept because a broken home can have two parents.

2nd: yes i do believe the absence of a parent has an affect on the child/children but that effect can be positive or negative
    One step at a time

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by masterflex View Post
    1st: IMO it is a concept because a broken home can have two parents.

2nd: yes i do believe the absence of a parent has an affect on the child/children but that effect can be positive or negative
    i agree on both ur takes.
    Made In Vincy

Credits
    Actually..
    Broken home starts out as a nuclear family 2 parents, kids things stable and that breaks apart.

Ie. Parents divorce.. and that stability is broken.
    A broken home only applies to the children situation not that of the adults.

Gladiator
    You can have two parent home and still live in a broken home...but yes the absence of a parent does not help. However its the values, discipline and standard that is maintained on a day to day basis that defines the structure and nature of the home that your child "grow up in" and will later help moulding him into the type of man/women you want him to be....yeh i felt like going overboard with that post..

Credits

Taj
    Credits
    red x at least for me ^^
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    You can have two parent home and still live in a broken home...but yes the absence of a parent does not help. However its the values, discipline and standard that is maintained on a day to day basis that defines the structure and nature of the home that your child "grow up in" and will later help moulding him into the type of man/women you want him to be....yeh i felt like going overboard with that post..
    I really like ur take on this, and agree totally.
    ..go overboard if yuh feel like going over board nobody stopping yuh, u usually have great points.
    Made In Vincy

Credits
    havin 1 or 2 parents doh mek a difference, my mom was a single mother and i turned out fine, if u are a gud parent, dere shudn't be no problems