Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: What are the main differences between Africans & Indians who came to the Caribbean?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    They were indentured laborers who were paid for their work.
    99% of those who came to Trinidad did not want to go back to India at the end of their indentureship and many were offered farming land as an incentive to stay and took up the offer.

They made the right choice to stay as they knew they were much better off staying in Trinidad than heading back to India.

Africans were not paid for their work and did most of the clearing of forest, building of roads and setting up of the cane and cocoa plantations before the East Indians arrived. Thousands of Africans actually died doing all this infra-structure work.
    I'm tired and sick of your ill-informed thesis of WI history why don't you keep that shit and shove it up your nigga azz....

Credits
    You are being very presumption my love.

I have all races in my family so I can concentrate on any race I decide to.

The title of this thread is "What are the main DIFFERENCES between Africans & Indians who came to the Caribbean?" It is not titled "What are the main SIMILARITIES between Africans & Indians who came to the Caribbean?"

And in case you missed it I highlighted the differences to point out exactly why one group has been progressing much more quickly than the other and then I suggested solutions for the Africans especially in T&T to move forward.

It seems that you do convenient reading because if you had read the first few posts I made in this thread then you would have understood the purpose of this thread and realized that I already pointed out solutions to the problem just as you are suggesting I do now.

The purpose of this thread was not to complain as you put it but to show why the African race in T&T has been losing out and to point to the remedy.

I don't create threads to complain for complaining sake like most folks around here do my love. I actually try to clearly identify the reason for a problem and then I suggest what I view as the logical solution(s).
    Thank you for acknowledging that the only person making comparisons is you. Nowhere in my posts were any comparisons made, but rather only corrections of inaccuracies on your part. You having "all races in your family" is irrelevant.

Again, please focus on the African experience and the ways to move ahead. Stop attempting to rewrite and minimize the Indian experience to elevate your own. It reeks of an inferiority complex.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Thank you for acknowledging that the only person making comparisons is you. Nowhere in my posts were any comparisons made, but rather only corrections of inaccuracies on your part. You having "all races in your family" is irrelevant.

Again, please focus on the African experience and the ways to move ahead. Stop attempting to rewrite and minimize the Indian experience to elevate your own. It reeks of an inferiority complex.
    Again repeating a fantasy that is in your head does not make it true regardless of how many times you do it.

You are yet to point out any inaccuracies in what I have been saying in this thread.

Maybe you are uncomfortable with the topic which means you should have avoided this thread if you can't deal with the realities being addressed.

What you are suggesting I have already done and you obviously do convenient reading if you have not yet realized it.

In summary your point is a completely bogus one and you should simply have kept quiet if you had nothing of substance to add to this thread.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Again repeating a fantasy that is in your head does not make it true regardless of how many times you do it.

You are yet to point out any inaccuracies in what I have been saying in this thread.

Maybe you are uncomfortable with the topic which means you should have avoided this thread if you can't deal with the realities being addressed.

What you are suggesting I have already done and you obviously do convenient reading if you have not yet realized it.

In summary your point is a completely bogus one and you should simply have kept quiet if you had nothing of substance to add to this thread.
    Already pointed out the inaccuracies as have others. Nothing about the thread is uncomfortable, but it comes off as though you have an inferiority complex, particularly due to your apparent need to minimize.

Or maybe you just like acting like your definition of a negro....

Credits
    Already pointed out the inaccuracies as have others. Nothing about the thread is uncomfortable, but it comes off as though you have an inferiority complex, particularly due to your apparent need to minimize.

Or maybe you just like acting like your definition of a negro....
    You already talk a lot of BS! I haven't minimized anything and you have not pointed out any inaccuracies that I haven't already debunked as nonsense.

You are the one with an inferiority complex to believe that I have tried to minimize the Indians indenture experience. I summarized it but I definitely did not minimize it so stop reaching.

The point I am making is that there is a big difference between the African and East Indian experience. This together with the political games which have been played by the Indians to their benefit has led to the Africans not progressing as a group as rapidly as the East Indians have and of Africans being in the position they are today after doing most of the donkey work to build the infra-structure of the country.

Me pointing out these facts is not about me minimizing anything but simply being truthful and accurate in my summary.

You need to cease with your foolish habit of trying to tell me what to post and concentrate on as it won’t work. If you don’t like what I post in a thread then avoid my thread and move along if you have nothing of substance to add to the discussion.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!

Credits
    You already talk a lot of BS! I haven't minimized anything and you have not pointed out any inaccuracies that I haven't already debunked as nonsense.

You are the one with an inferiority complex to believe that I have tried to minimize the Indians indenture experience. I summarized it but I definitely did not minimize it so stop reaching.

The point I am making is that there is a big difference between the African and East Indian experience. This together with the political games which have been played by the Indians to their benefit has led to the Africans not progressing as a group as rapidly as the East Indians have and of Africans being in the position they are today after doing most of the donkey work to build the infra-structure of the country.

Me pointing out these facts is not about me minimizing anything but simply being truthful and accurate in my summary.

You need to cease with your foolish habit of trying to tell me what to post and concentrate on as it wonít work. If you donít like what I post in a thread then avoid my thread and move along if you have nothing of substance to add to the discussion.
    Sure negro.

Credits
    Sure negro.
    I thought you don't use those derogatory terms to describe Black people as you argued in the other thread?

But thanks for showing your true colours as I prefer honest people who say how they truly feel about others! Well done!!
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Sure negro.

:

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    :
    Someone calling me Negro does not bother me in the least because many of us actually behave like Negroes due to our long term conditioning even when we are trying to generally be more conscious.

The point though is that she tried to argue in my other thread that she don't use that term to describe Black people but then used it here to describe me when I disposed of her lame argument.

She basically proved that she lies like we know all women regularly do but so do men.
    Women are just better liars that is all.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Sure stupid negra.
    Fixed
    dollbabi likes this.

Credits
    Someone calling me Negro does not bother me in the least because many of us actually behave like Negroes due to our long term conditioning even when we are trying to generally be more conscious.

The point though is that she tried to argue in my other thread that she don't use that term to describe Black people but then used it here to describe me when I disposed of her lame argument.

She basically proved that she lies like we know all women regularly do but so do men.
    Women are just better liars that is all.
    I think you may be one of the most self hating Black person I've come across you constantly insult people of your own ethnic group or racial category to make yourself feel better somehow, not to mention your general ignorance and superiority complex when it comes to any topic.

Calling an ''un-enlightened'' African person a ''negro'' shows the slave mentality of your thinking, why not help educate these so called ''negros'' of their internalised hatred of themselves instead?

Enough with this negro and ni gga!
    Swollen and Lucianite like this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Carib2 View Post
    I think you may be one of the most self hating Black person I've come across you constantly insult people of your own ethnic group or racial category to make yourself feel better somehow, not to mention your general ignorance and superiority complex when it comes to any topic.

Calling an ''un-enlightened'' African person a ''negro'' shows the slave mentality of your thinking, why not help educate these so called ''negros'' of their internalised hatred of themselves instead?

Enough with this negro and ni gga!
    I think you are suffering from reading comprehension difficulties once again.

I don't go around the place calling other people Black people Negroes or N!ggas.
    However Dollbabi referring to me as a Negro in the hope that I would get upset doesn't bother me in the least because I am quite confident that I don't behave like a typical Negro or N!gga.

The term should only really bother you if you actually behave like a Negro/N!gga and know you need to change your behaviour to stop embarrassing your race.

Get it now?!

Next time read properly before jumping to wrong conclusions because of your own insecurities about yourself.

Bless up!
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    I think you are suffering from reading comprehension difficulties once again.

I don't go around calling other place people Black people Negroes or N!ggas.
    However Dollbabi referring to me as a Negro in the hope that I would get upset doesn't bother me in the least because I am quite confident that I don't behave like a typical Negro or N!gga.

The term should only really bother you if you actually behave like a Negro/N!gga and know you need to change your behaviour to stop embarrassing your race.

Get it now?!

Next time read properly before jumping to wrong conclusions because of your own insecurities about yourself.

Bless up!
    Bless up?

Fock up yourself...

Credits
    I see a lot of incorrect info being bandied about here by socapro, will have to correct some of it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    I see a lot of incorrect info being bandied about here by socapro, will have to correct some of it later
    Don't forget that everything I outlined is within the context of my opening editorial but I welcome your contribution to this thread if it can add more relevant historical facts regards to the theme of the discourse.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast