Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 109
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: What are the main differences between Africans & Indians who came to the Caribbean?

  1. #61
    Players Play I Coach Swollen's Avatar Swollen is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,708
    Credits
    154,318,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    They were indentured laborers who were paid for their work.
    99% of those who came to Trinidad did not want to go back to India at the end of their indentureship and many were offered farming land as an incentive to stay and took up the offer.

    They made the right choice to stay as they knew they were much better off staying in Trinidad than heading back to India.

    Africans were not paid for their work and did most of the clearing of forest, building of roads and setting up of the cane and cocoa plantations before the East Indians arrived. Thousands of Africans actually died doing all this infra-structure work.
    I'm tired and sick of your ill-informed thesis of WI history why don't you keep that shit and shove it up your nigga azz....

  2. #62
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    You are being very presumption my love.

    I have all races in my family so I can concentrate on any race I decide to.

    The title of this thread is "What are the main DIFFERENCES between Africans & Indians who came to the Caribbean?" It is not titled "What are the main SIMILARITIES between Africans & Indians who came to the Caribbean?"

    And in case you missed it I highlighted the differences to point out exactly why one group has been progressing much more quickly than the other and then I suggested solutions for the Africans especially in T&T to move forward.

    It seems that you do convenient reading because if you had read the first few posts I made in this thread then you would have understood the purpose of this thread and realized that I already pointed out solutions to the problem just as you are suggesting I do now.

    The purpose of this thread was not to complain as you put it but to show why the African race in T&T has been losing out and to point to the remedy.

    I don't create threads to complain for complaining sake like most folks around here do my love. I actually try to clearly identify the reason for a problem and then I suggest what I view as the logical solution(s).
    Thank you for acknowledging that the only person making comparisons is you. Nowhere in my posts were any comparisons made, but rather only corrections of inaccuracies on your part. You having "all races in your family" is irrelevant.

    Again, please focus on the African experience and the ways to move ahead. Stop attempting to rewrite and minimize the Indian experience to elevate your own. It reeks of an inferiority complex.

  3. #63
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,832,147
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Thank you for acknowledging that the only person making comparisons is you. Nowhere in my posts were any comparisons made, but rather only corrections of inaccuracies on your part. You having "all races in your family" is irrelevant.

    Again, please focus on the African experience and the ways to move ahead. Stop attempting to rewrite and minimize the Indian experience to elevate your own. It reeks of an inferiority complex.
    Again repeating a fantasy that is in your head does not make it true regardless of how many times you do it.

    You are yet to point out any inaccuracies in what I have been saying in this thread.

    Maybe you are uncomfortable with the topic which means you should have avoided this thread if you can't deal with the realities being addressed.

    What you are suggesting I have already done and you obviously do convenient reading if you have not yet realized it.

    In summary your point is a completely bogus one and you should simply have kept quiet if you had nothing of substance to add to this thread.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  4. #64
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Again repeating a fantasy that is in your head does not make it true regardless of how many times you do it.

    You are yet to point out any inaccuracies in what I have been saying in this thread.

    Maybe you are uncomfortable with the topic which means you should have avoided this thread if you can't deal with the realities being addressed.

    What you are suggesting I have already done and you obviously do convenient reading if you have not yet realized it.

    In summary your point is a completely bogus one and you should simply have kept quiet if you had nothing of substance to add to this thread.
    Already pointed out the inaccuracies as have others. Nothing about the thread is uncomfortable, but it comes off as though you have an inferiority complex, particularly due to your apparent need to minimize.

    Or maybe you just like acting like your definition of a negro....

  5. #65
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,832,147
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Already pointed out the inaccuracies as have others. Nothing about the thread is uncomfortable, but it comes off as though you have an inferiority complex, particularly due to your apparent need to minimize.

    Or maybe you just like acting like your definition of a negro....
    You already talk a lot of BS! I haven't minimized anything and you have not pointed out any inaccuracies that I haven't already debunked as nonsense.

    You are the one with an inferiority complex to believe that I have tried to minimize the Indians indenture experience. I summarized it but I definitely did not minimize it so stop reaching.

    The point I am making is that there is a big difference between the African and East Indian experience. This together with the political games which have been played by the Indians to their benefit has led to the Africans not progressing as a group as rapidly as the East Indians have and of Africans being in the position they are today after doing most of the donkey work to build the infra-structure of the country.

    Me pointing out these facts is not about me minimizing anything but simply being truthful and accurate in my summary.

    You need to cease with your foolish habit of trying to tell me what to post and concentrate on as it won’t work. If you don’t like what I post in a thread then avoid my thread and move along if you have nothing of substance to add to the discussion.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  6. #66
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    You already talk a lot of BS! I haven't minimized anything and you have not pointed out any inaccuracies that I haven't already debunked as nonsense.

    You are the one with an inferiority complex to believe that I have tried to minimize the Indians indenture experience. I summarized it but I definitely did not minimize it so stop reaching.

    The point I am making is that there is a big difference between the African and East Indian experience. This together with the political games which have been played by the Indians to their benefit has led to the Africans not progressing as a group as rapidly as the East Indians have and of Africans being in the position they are today after doing most of the donkey work to build the infra-structure of the country.

    Me pointing out these facts is not about me minimizing anything but simply being truthful and accurate in my summary.

    You need to cease with your foolish habit of trying to tell me what to post and concentrate on as it wonít work. If you donít like what I post in a thread then avoid my thread and move along if you have nothing of substance to add to the discussion.
    Sure negro.

  7. #67
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,832,147
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Sure negro.
    I thought you don't use those derogatory terms to describe Black people as you argued in the other thread?

    But thanks for showing your true colours as I prefer honest people who say how they truly feel about others! Well done!!
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  8. #68
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,578
    Credits
    82,386,091
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Sure negro.

    :

  9. #69
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,832,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    :
    Someone calling me Negro does not bother me in the least because many of us actually behave like Negroes due to our long term conditioning even when we are trying to generally be more conscious.

    The point though is that she tried to argue in my other thread that she don't use that term to describe Black people but then used it here to describe me when I disposed of her lame argument.

    She basically proved that she lies like we know all women regularly do but so do men.
    Women are just better liars that is all.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  10. #70
    Players Play I Coach Swollen's Avatar Swollen is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,708
    Credits
    154,318,648
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Sure stupid negra.
    Fixed
    dollbabi likes this.

  11. #71
    Registered User Carib2 is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,647
    Credits
    41,453,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    Someone calling me Negro does not bother me in the least because many of us actually behave like Negroes due to our long term conditioning even when we are trying to generally be more conscious.

    The point though is that she tried to argue in my other thread that she don't use that term to describe Black people but then used it here to describe me when I disposed of her lame argument.

    She basically proved that she lies like we know all women regularly do but so do men.
    Women are just better liars that is all.
    I think you may be one of the most self hating Black person I've come across you constantly insult people of your own ethnic group or racial category to make yourself feel better somehow, not to mention your general ignorance and superiority complex when it comes to any topic.

    Calling an ''un-enlightened'' African person a ''negro'' shows the slave mentality of your thinking, why not help educate these so called ''negros'' of their internalised hatred of themselves instead?

    Enough with this negro and ni gga!
    Swollen and Lucianite like this.

  12. #72
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,832,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Carib2 View Post
    I think you may be one of the most self hating Black person I've come across you constantly insult people of your own ethnic group or racial category to make yourself feel better somehow, not to mention your general ignorance and superiority complex when it comes to any topic.

    Calling an ''un-enlightened'' African person a ''negro'' shows the slave mentality of your thinking, why not help educate these so called ''negros'' of their internalised hatred of themselves instead?

    Enough with this negro and ni gga!
    I think you are suffering from reading comprehension difficulties once again.

    I don't go around the place calling other people Black people Negroes or N!ggas.
    However Dollbabi referring to me as a Negro in the hope that I would get upset doesn't bother me in the least because I am quite confident that I don't behave like a typical Negro or N!gga.

    The term should only really bother you if you actually behave like a Negro/N!gga and know you need to change your behaviour to stop embarrassing your race.

    Get it now?!

    Next time read properly before jumping to wrong conclusions because of your own insecurities about yourself.

    Bless up!
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  13. #73
    Registered User Carib2 is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,647
    Credits
    41,453,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    I think you are suffering from reading comprehension difficulties once again.

    I don't go around calling other place people Black people Negroes or N!ggas.
    However Dollbabi referring to me as a Negro in the hope that I would get upset doesn't bother me in the least because I am quite confident that I don't behave like a typical Negro or N!gga.

    The term should only really bother you if you actually behave like a Negro/N!gga and know you need to change your behaviour to stop embarrassing your race.

    Get it now?!

    Next time read properly before jumping to wrong conclusions because of your own insecurities about yourself.

    Bless up!
    Bless up?

    Fock up yourself...

  14. #74
    Norman SWAGGERIFIC is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    17,176
    Credits
    100,968,678
    I see a lot of incorrect info being bandied about here by socapro, will have to correct some of it later

  15. #75
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,590
    Credits
    880,832,147
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    I see a lot of incorrect info being bandied about here by socapro, will have to correct some of it later
    Don't forget that everything I outlined is within the context of my opening editorial but I welcome your contribution to this thread if it can add more relevant historical facts regards to the theme of the discourse.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •