Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: What are the main differences between Africans & Indians who came to the Caribbean?

Credits

Question What are the main differences between Africans & Indians who came to the Caribbean?

I believe when we examine this question properly we will clearly understand why one group who came to the Caribbean much later (between 1845 and early 1900’s) generally remains more united and has progressed much more economically as a group than the other group who came centuries earlier starting from the 1500’s until the slave trade was abolished in 1833.

I think the most important difference is that the East Indians who came mostly to the Caribbean as indenture workers came here WILLINGLY and with their religion, culture, ancestral names and language still intact.
    They were generally viewed as the lower castes back in India and coming to the Caribbean to work was a chance for them to better their lives economically and otherwise.

The West Africans who came to the Caribbean on the other hand DID NOT COME WILLINGLY, came under brutal conditions and had their religion, culture, ancestral names and language forcefully stripped from them.

I think until we start addressing what the Africans who were brought to the Caribbean and so-called New World were stripped of and try to put measures in place for us to regain what we were stripped of which can also help to unite us again as one people, we will not see our people progressing as one economic force like some of the other racial groups who came to the Caribbean and so-called New World have been able to do.

Who agrees or disagrees with this assessment?

Sometimes the solution is so simple and obvious that we don't see the elephant in the room.
    humble1 likes this.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lappo View Post
    This topic will only be a dead horse when Africans in the Caribbean and so-called New World wake up and stop allowing the small islands or countries where they were born from blinding them to the reality that we all originally came from one place/region and need to unite like the other groups in order to become more powerful economically wherever we now reside.

We will never become an economic force and be respected as a group again until we seriously start putting measures in place to regain what we were strategically stripped of by the Europeans.

Now that we are free so-called "independent" countries with mostly our own people in charge we need to start reclaiming what we were stripped of or we will forever remain at the bottom economically as a group in which ever countries we now reside in the so-called New World.

UNITY is the key and this island mentality most of us here seem to be suffering from is a major tool that has been used to keep us mentally enslaved and divided.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lappo View Post
    :
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    This topic will only be a dead horse when Africans in the Caribbean and so-called New World wake up and stop allowing the small islands or countries where they were born from blinding them to the reality that we all originally came from one place/region and need to unite like the other groups in order to become more powerful economically wherever we now reside.

We will never become an economic force and be respected as a group again until we seriously start putting measures in place to regain what we were strategically stripped of by the Europeans.

Now that we are free so-called "independent" countries with mostly our people in charge we need to start addressing what we were stripped of or we will forever remain at the bottom economically as a group in which ever countries we now reside in the so-called New World.

UNITY is the key and this island mentality most of us here seem to be suffering from is a major tool that has been used to keep us mentally enslaved and divided.
    but we did not come from the same place.

go to the museum in the docklands, and you will see all the various countries africans were captured from. Dominica came from two (many three ) areas. One set from West Africa, another around Congo area.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    but we did not come from the same place.

go to the museum in the docklands, and you will see all the various countries africans were captured from. Dominica came from two (many three ) areas. One set from West Africa, another around Congo area.
    We came from the same region/continent. You need to stop thinking in a colonially brainwashed manner.
    Who do you think divided up Africa into these different countries that you are referring me to?
    Not the same Europeans who also enslaved our ancestors and still have most of us in mental slavery despite the abolition of shackled slavery in the 1800’s?

Point is we need to realize why the other groups are progressing economically wherever they settle on the planet while those of African descent always end up at the bottom of the economic barrel.

We have been culturally stripped and mentally damaged and deliberately disconnected from our original religion, culture, names and languages etc so that we will eternally remain Negroes.

It is now time for us to unite and put measures in place to repair the damage that has been done to us or we will forever remain negroes and at the bottom economically as a group and at the mercy of other groups for jobs, education, food, health, etc.
    humble1 likes this.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    We came from the same region/continent. You need to stop thinking in a colonially brainwashed manner.
    Who do you think divided up Africa into these different countries that you are referring me to?
    Not the same Europeans who also enslaved our ancestors and still have most of us in mental slavery despite the abolition of shackled slavery in the 1800’s?

Point is we need to realize why the other groups are progressing economically wherever they settle on the planet while those of African descent always end up at the bottom of the economical barrel.

We have been culturally stripped and mentally damaged and deliberately disconnected from our original culture, names and languages etc so that we will eternally remain Negroes.

It is now time for us to unite and put measures in place to repair the damage that has been done to us or we will forever remain negroes and at the bottom economically as a group and at the mercy of other groups for jobs, education, food, health, etc.
    because i used the word country, you overlooked the example of Dominica, two peoples from two different civilisations, what history do we claim.

Credits
    because i used the word country, you overlooked the example of Dominica, two peoples from two different civilisations, what history do we claim.
    You claim both! They are both still African civilizations aren't they?

Ask yourself this. Do all Europeans speak the same language and have exactly the same culture?
    But do they still generally work together to economically rule the planet recognizing that they are all ultimately from the same racial group?

Again who do you think were the ones who carved up Africa for their whole divide and rule gain?
    Who do you think engineered the break-up of the West Indies Federation using Jamaica as the main pawn?
    And while they were busy scheming to break us up, they also got the idea to form the European Union.
    Do you see the big picture now?

If you still don't then I will just have to sadly class you as one of those negroes we can't save regardless of how hard we try.
    humble1 likes this.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    found this. I haven't watched it yet

This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

Credits
    I hate to admit it... but I agree with Pro. We are not in a position to segregate ourselves from each other. Where we cam from originally is not relevant, what is relevant is that we put all differences aside and work together. If we dont, then we just continue to fail as we always have. We need econimic strength and that con only be acheived if all people of African descent support each other. We command a very large percentage of worldwide spending, but we systematically give all our resources away they wonder why other races are in a position to oppress us. We do it to ourselves will our small minded way of thinking.
    Socapro likes this.

Credits

Ask yourself this. Do all Europeans speak the same language and have exactly the same culture?
    But do they still generally work together to economically rule the planet recognizing that they are all ultimately from the same racial group?

Again who do you think were the ones who carved up Africa for their whole divide and rule gain?
    Who do you think engineered the break-up of the West Indies Federation using Jamaica as the main pawn?
    And while they were busy scheming to break us up, they also got the idea to form the European Union.

If you still don't then I will just have to sadly class you as one of those negroes we can't save regardless of how hard we try.
    i dont claim both. you dont have your facts correct. there is no single african ideaology, as there isnt a single european idealogy. look at european history again. the entire continent doesnt work together. even in the european union do you everthing ever country is equal? you live in england are poles, and eastern europeans treated the same as scots?

Credits
    i dont claim both. you dont have your facts correct. there is no single african ideaology, as there isnt a single european idealogy. look at european history again. the entire continent doesnt work together. even in the european union do you everthing ever country is equal? you live in england are poles, and eastern europeans treated the same as scots?
    I am suggesting that you do. That is the intelligent thing to do if you are descended from two different African civilizations.

Did I argue anywhere in my posts that there is a single African ideology or even a single European ideology?

What I pointed out is that Europeans generally work together in regards to trying to stay on top economically on the planet and also in regards to exploiting Negro run countries around the world.

Regards the entire European continent not working together that is only because Europeans are generally on top in ruling and exploiting the planet so they can afford a little disunity if they so wish.

If they were all being exploited by other races and were being kept at the bottom of the economic pile like most Negroes run countries, you can bet your last Euro they would all be united but the point is most of them work together economically which is why they formed the European Union around the same time that England coordinated the break-up of the West Indies Federation.

But as a blind Negro you will not get the point that what is required is Black/African unity for us to rise economically especially as we are being left by all other more united groups at the bottom of the economic pile because of our disunity.

But as I said not all Negros can be saved as they can't see the elephant in the room due to their mental conditioning.
    Carib2 and humble1 like this.
    www.facebook.com/socaphd

Credits
    Indians were enslaved too they were tricked to come to the Caribbean by the British. Its just that Indentured servants sounds better than saying ''slaves but not so harshly enslaved''

Didn't know that...

Credits
    I am suggesting that you do. That is the intelligent thing to do if you are descended from two different African civilizations.

Did I argue anywhere in my posts that there is a single African ideology or even a single European ideology?

What I pointed out is that Europeans generally work together in regards to trying to stay on top economically on the planet and also in regards to exploiting Negro run countries around the world.

Regards the entire European continent not working together that is only because Europeans are generally on top in ruling and exploiting the planet so they can afford a little disunity if they so wish.

If they were all being exploited by other races and were being kept at the bottom of the economic pile like most Negroes run countries, you can bet your last Euro they would all be united but the point is most of them work together economically which is why they formed the European Union around the same time that England coordinated the break-up of the West Indies Federation.

But as a blind Negro you will not get the point that what is required is Black/African unity for us to rise economically especially as we are being left by all other more united groups at the bottom of the economic pile because of our disunity.

But as I said not all Negros can be saved as they can't see the elephant in the room due to their mental conditioning.
    fella. the EU started from the fall of Nazi Germany. It was formed so that there would be no more wars on the European continent, nothing to do with England. This was for France and Germany, would no longer split the continent again.

This is the first time I heard of England hurting the Federation. What you are suggesting is This is countary to the usual English tactics of banding different cultures together and creating a single colony. For example Nigeria.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast