Page 1 of 402 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What good in St. VIncent?

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits

What good in St. VIncent?

Okay so my mother is saying enough is enough. Time for me to get in touch with my Vincy roots. My mother is from St. Vincent. Her family for a second time is having a reunion in St. Vincent in July. I think i should go. WOuld be nice to get in know the land of my mothers, but what i want to know is what is there to do and see in St. VIncent. Now i might not be able to go but i need some motiviation to get me there.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbeauty
    Okay so my mother is saying enough is enough. Time for me to get in touch with my Vincy roots. My mother is from St. Vincent. Her family for a second time is having a reunion in St. Vincent in July. I think i should go. WOuld be nice to get in know the land of my mothers, but what i want to know is what is there to do and see in St. VIncent. Now i might not be able to go but i need some motiviation to get me there.

VINCYPOWER is at church right now he soon come to answer .

Credits
    I am the only MOTIVATION that you NEED, but I will ADD the EXTRA reasons.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinibaje
    VINCYPOWER is at church right now he soon come to answer .

That was 7:45AM this morning.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA

That was 7:45AM this morning.

see i knew a good guy like u is church going..

To know me is to love me tropicalbeauty's Avatar tropicalbeauty is offline
    Credits
    I am the only MOTIVATION that you NEED, but I will ADD the EXTRA reasons.
    well meet me there and give me the grand tour. i know nothing about st. vincent and i don't know anybody from st. vincent (with the exception of my mother and her family but they left st. vincent over 40 years ago.)

SAME SH!T DIFFERNT TOILET HornaMan4Hire's Avatar HornaMan4Hire is offline
    Credits
    this post make me feel real shame...
    Since i left there i only went back to visit once in 1990 cause most of my family either dead or move up here or canada...
    I need to get in touch with my vincy roots as well...

Credits
    St. Vincent and the Grenadines is CALLED the ‘jewels of the Caribbean.’

Her UNIQUENESS is displayed in her TRANQUIL VALLEYS valleys and CLEAR streams which are flanked by MAJESTIC mountain peaks, and by the various hues of GREEN and BLUE SEA and BLACK and WHITE sand along the LOVELY beaches.

SVG can also BOAST about having some of the Caribbean’s most HOSPITABLE people who are ever generous with their warm and FRIENDLY smiles.

SVG is RICHLY blessed with FERTILE SOIL which contributes strongly to the LUSCIOUS vegetation especially the mouth watering fruits and vegetables.

SVG not only offers a wide variety in fine cuisine but also captures the ideal Caribbean ambiance with her breath taking sites, which include waterfalls, botanical gardens, a volcano, Fort Charlotte and not FORGETTING the lovely Grenadines which all come together to compliment the mainland, St. Vincent, truly a creation of a UNIQUE little HEAVEN on earth.

SVG is a nation that is on the UPSWING in every which way possible.

2004 saw her people CREATED history in education.

Halimah DeShong, a Vincentian, is Valedictorian at the Cave Hill Campus. She became the first Vincentian to deliver a valedictory address at the Cave Hill Campus (Barbados) graduation ceremony.

Shermalon Kirby is valedictorian at the Mona Campus in Jamaica. She too is the first Vincentian to ever present the valedictory address at the UWI graduation ceremony at the Mona Campus

Kamal Woods was the top student in the Caribbean when achieved ELEVEN ones to become the top CXC performer in 2004.

Locally, you have Mandella Campbell obtained 11 subjects, 10 of which were at the Grade One level.

As far as sightseeing, you can check out the BOTANIC GARDEN, which is the OLDEST in the Western Hemisphere. St. Vincent was Captain Bligh’s original destination when the mutiny on HMS Bounty delayed his first scheduled arrival. He eventually completed a second voyage, and a descendant of one of his original breadfruit trees thrives in today’s garden.

You can check out Mustigue. It is a very BEAUTIFUL island of the RICH and FAMOUS. Make sure that you check out Basil’s Bar, which was named one of the TOP TEN bars in the WORLD.

Then you can check out the Tobago Keys. I GUARANTEE that it will be the MOST BEAUTIFUL place uninhibited place that you have ever seen. It has one of the world best coral reefs, and the Horseshoe Reef is over 1,000 yards long and protects the five uninhabited tiny islands with pristine beaches. The whole area is made up of brilliant colors. The sea offers blues, greens and turquoise against the white sand beaches and tall palm trees.

If you've seen "Pirates of the Caribbean," then you have seen one of the islands, Petit Rameau. It was there that Jack Sparrow was marooned.

My favorite place for PEACE and QUIET is Friendship Bay in Bequia. When I am there on the beach, it is the most PEACEFUL and TRANQUIL feeling that I experience when in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

Of course, you have to check out our carnival, the BEST, called “VINCY MAS,” June 25 to July 7. Vincy Mas was coined and immortalized in song by Becket.

You can check out the NATURE TRAIL in the Vermont Valley, St. Vincent. There you will see the HABITAT of the Vincent Parrot (Amazona Guildingii), which is our NATIONAL bird, and the Whistling Warbler, both unique to St. Vincent and strictly protected internationally.

The WALLILABOU FALLS: there you can view 12 foot Falls and bathe in shallow pool, 4 to 6 feet deep.

TRINITY FALLS: Scenic trail to view 40 foot Falls (often in 3 cascades) descend into circular pool, then into second pool.

FALLS OF BALEINE: Spectacular 60 foot Falls and deep swimming pool. You will have to access this fall by boat.

OWIA SALT POUND: Picnic areas and small garden overlooking tidal pools sheltered by volcanic formations.

LA SOUFRIERE VOLCANO TRAIL: Experience a fabulous opportunity to capture the volcanic nature of our island, by taking a tour to La Soufriere. La Soufriere, one of the most studied volcanoes, rises to a peak of 4048 ft. above sea level.

Also, there is other HIDDEN FALLS in St. Vincent. There is one in Chataubelair and Vermont. I have been to both and it was an exhilarating experience.

St. Vincent and the Grenadines have won many INTERNATIONAL awards for its NATURAL beauty, yachting, beaches, etc.

So come back to the LAND of your MOTHER’S birth and enjoy the BEAUTY that is SVG.

PS: You can get more information from the Ministry of Tourism and Culture in Kingstown, St. Vincent.
    Last edited by VINCYPOWA; 03-06-2005 at 12:26 PM.

vincy_socababy
    what he said. make sure you get there for the 1st july, and enjoy the hot carnival weekend

Credits
    This is the beach in Friendship Bay, Bequia, that I always go to for some PEACE and QUITE.

Bequia is called "Island of Clouds" by the Caribs. So you can see why it gives you that dream-like feel, especially when on a BEACH.

While you're there, you can check out Princess Margaret Beach too, below.

Princess Margaret Beach is just down from Port Elizabeth on the leeward side of the island . This beach is a lovely ribbon of golden sand and is so named because Princess Margaret enjoyed a dip there in 1958.

Credits
    The oldest Botanical Garden in the Western Hemisphere can be found in St. Vincent.

Credits
    when in july u going? and where u staying? b/c some of us are going for carnival and if ur there for that time thats the best time to go. we could all link or something so u dont feel bored.

Credits
    This is the beach in Friendship Bay, Bequia, that I always go to for some PEACE and QUITE.

Bequia is called "Island of Clouds" by the Caribs. So you can see why it gives you that dream-like feel, especially when on a BEACH.

While you're there, you can check out Princess Margaret Beach too, below.

Princess Margaret Beach is just down from Port Elizabeth on the leeward side of the island . This beach is a lovely ribbon of golden sand and is so named because Princess Margaret enjoyed a dip there in 1958.

ahh bequia..one of the most beautiful beaches in the world

i guess for night life you can check out osme of the regulars like aquatic (always seems to be something going on in there)

you can also check out soufriere (the volcano) nice little trip

wow its been a while

have a nice trip
    Live your Life!
    www.REVELLERSinc.com

Credits
    This is one of our BLACK SAND beaches in St. Vincent. This one is LOCATED on the leeward side of island at Mount Wynne.

By the way, I was at this beach in January, 2005.

I had a FABULOUS time.

We killed a GOAT and made two WICKED cooks.....one wid callaloo and all types of foods that you can only find in St. Vincent, and DUMPLIN....and the other pot was, what we called in St. Vincent, "BOILEEN."

Dat goat BRAFF (sauce), both callaloo and boileen, was niceeeeeeee.

Anyhow, here is the pic.

Last edited by VINCYPOWA; 03-06-2005 at 04:28 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DADDY MAGYVER
    ahh bequia..one of the most beautiful beaches in the world

i guess for night life you can check out osme of the regulars like aquatic (always seems to be something going on in there)

you can also check out soufriere (the volcano) nice little trip

wow its been a while

have a nice trip
    i dont think thye keep fetes at the aquatic anymore at least thats the last i heard since i was there last year but you can check out iguana, that seems to be the hot spot now

Page 1 of 402 1231151101 ... LastLast