Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What exercise/fitness stuff allyuh do?

Credits
    For fitness, I do...

zumba
    body combat
    body/total pump (weight training)
    hiking
    walking/jogging
    cycling
    insanity

As of today, 5-7 lbs off, and I meet my weight goal. Then it's maintaining and TONING.

Credits
    some fatties gonna pass this thread like a full bus
    A.K.K.S. and Colors like this.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    weights, calestetics, running (beach runs r serious), jump rope

ocassionally hooping
    beach runs will kill ya..thats some serious stuff..i started jumping rope recently, playing around jumrope with my girls till i relalized i was bout to die, so i bought a real rope and started putting in some time...nothing builds stamina qucker IMO.

I also do (not as often as i should) the kettle bell, its a core strenthner and i like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    right outside ft lauderdale, i live 10 min from the beach, i go EARLY on sat morning and get in an hr then eat breakfast on the beach
    Sounds nice!!!
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    For fitness, I do...

zumba
    body combat
    body/total pump (weight training)
    hiking
    walking/jogging
    cycling
    insanity

As of today, 5-7 lbs off, and I meet my weight goal. Then it's maintaining and TONING.
    i like Zumba too...in our area, its getting hard to find good instructors cuz it seems anyone can pass these days, but thats something me and the girls like to do together
    dollbabi likes this.
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    A combination of calisthenics and weight training. Usually a "Pyramid" training plan (Low rep, Mod Rep, High rep, Mod rep, Low rep) or 4-5 sets of 5-8 reps

Very little cardio, because my metabolism is so high and my diet is so complex carb and fiber rich, that I lose weight really easy.

I'm about 6'1", 190 with 10-12% body fat and 24.3 BMI. I squat 280, deadlift 330, pull ups with 50 extra pounds on me and bench 240.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    and all dis time i here tinking u hood, negro u aint hood

thug negroes dont be eating breakfast pon di beach after running

preppy bwoy ting
    lol whos a thug im grown

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by A.K.K.S. View Post
    A combination of calisthenics and weight training. Usually a "Pyramid" training plan (Low rep, Mod Rep, High rep, Mod rep, Low rep) or 4-5 sets of 5-8 reps

Very little cardio, because my metabolism is so high and my diet is so complex carb and fiber rich, that I lose weight really easy.

I'm about 6'1", 190 with 10-12% body fat and 24.3 BMI. I squat 280, deadlift 330, pull ups with 50 extra pounds on me and bench 240.
    do you end up getting more reps in without stressing your joints using a pyramid plan? cuz I've just been doing the standard 4 sets of 10 reps and its been murder on my joints, especially my wrists when it comes to dumbell exercises.
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "

Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONESS onda RISE View Post
    i like Zumba too...in our area, its getting hard to find good instructors cuz it seems anyone can pass these days, but thats something me and the girls like to do together
    Completely understand. I am very selective when it comes to instructors (of any class). I've simply walked out during zumba classes because they were just that bad. It seems that Sports & Health in NOVA has some really good instructors. Not sure about other places though.

I go on the military post out here though, so you generally get a good workout. Thinking about signing up for their boot camp, but it's probably going to be on another level.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONESS onda RISE View Post
    beach runs will kill ya..thats some serious stuff..i started jumping rope recently, playing around jumrope with my girls till i relalized i was bout to die, so i bought a real rope and started putting in some time...nothing builds stamina qucker IMO.

I also do (not as often as i should) the kettle bell, its a core strenthner and i like it.

Sounds nice!!!
    i do jump rope three times a week, like it better than running, i just hate when i lash myself, got marks like a runaway lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    do you end up getting more reps in without stressing your joints using a pyramid plan? cuz I've just been doing the standard 4 sets of 10 reps and its been murder on my joints, especially my wrists when it comes to dumbell exercises.
    I'd say so. I didn't mention that I start with say, 70 pounds on the overhead press and by set 5 I'm at 100. I've had to work my way up to that.

The worst on the joint is the weighted pull ups though. It took a while for me to get to 50 (like 3 months), and I didn't go any higher because it started to hurt the joints and ligaments around my rotator cuff.

I'm trying for muscle ups now.

Credits
    I keep it simple. I run daily atleast 3 miles, incorporate distance(5-7miles), sprints(2-3 miles of 60second sprint, 30 second jog), intervals( maintaining paces of 6:30 mile-9:30 mile over 3-5 miles), and resistance(rolling hills and trails).

I also dabble in Crossfit when I feel to break the monotony, and your standard pushup, pullup, and sit-up/crush variations. It may be boring, but it works for me. I don't buy into too much of that video/"simone says" type of workout, as its just a bit corny and lame for me, and would much rather puke my guts out in private, down a nice trail, all on my own
    Professor Abughani likes this.
    "If you can blame yourself, the fix is pretty easy"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
    I keep it simple. I run daily atleast 3 miles, incorporate distance(5-7miles), sprints(2-3 miles of 60second sprint, 30 second jog), intervals( maintaining paces of 6:30 mile-9:30 mile over 3-5 miles), and resistance(rolling hills and trails).

I also dabble in Crossfit when I feel to break the monotony, and your standard pushup, pullup, and sit-up/crush variations. It may be boring, but it works for me. I don't buy into too much of that video/"simone says" type of workout, as its just a bit corny and lame for me, and would much rather puke my guts out in private, down a nice trail, all on my own

alyuh got it easy eh....

Credits
    lmao @ puzzy of misery watching man workout videos, hey what ever you think is good eye candy for you...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    Maximum strength Trigosamine. Don't take as a regular supplement like on the directions, take it before and after workout and only follow the directions on your rest days. You won't get as much joint ache and you'll recover faster period.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Swollen View Post
    lmao @ puzzy of misery watching man workout videos, hey what ever you think is good eye candy for you...
    whats funny, that i want to exercise and not look like a bawl head, old big belly dutty indian like you?

bawlding in the middle? with u big eye
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast