Thread: What Do You Think Of St.Lucian SOCA?

Credits

What Do You Think Of St.Lucian SOCA?

I'm curious to know how other islands perceive soca coming out of St.Lucia.....for the longest while i think soca from st.lucia would not appeal to people from other island because of the lyrics and topics the artists sang about...many of the songs used alot of lucian terminology and creole which people from outside islands wouldnt understand...however, over the past 2-3 years i have noticed an increase in the quality of the songs. In 2006 St.Lucian soca in my opinion took a big step forward especially with the St.Lucian Riddim produced by Cutty who is a St.Lucian....Many of you may know KMC's Season is mine on this riddim....the riddim was actually released first in trinidad and came over to st.lucia for our carnival with more artists voicing songs on it....we also had the Piton Riddim which did very well......so Islandmixers tell me what u think....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian Lymer View Post
    I'm curious to know how other islands perceive soca coming out of St.Lucia.....for the longest while i think soca from st.lucia would not appeal to people from other island because of the lyrics and topics the artists sang about...many of the songs used alot of lucian terminology and creole which people from outside islands wouldnt understand...however, over the past 2-3 years i have noticed an increase in the quality of the songs. In 2006 St.Lucian soca in my opinion took a big step forward especially with the St.Lucian Riddim produced by Cutty who is a St.Lucian....Many of you may know KMC's Season is mine on this riddim....the riddim was actually released first in trinidad and came over to st.lucia for our carnival with more artists voicing songs on it....we also had the Piton Riddim which did very well......so Islandmixers tell me what u think....
    Mannnn, any MUSIC coming from any ISLAND that I can SEE from VINCYLAND is GOOD to GO.

U DUN NUH.

Credits
    Could u post some links to the stuff u consider to be good?
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Phœnix 7.6(N) View Post
    Could u post some links to the stuff u consider to be good?
    The songs can be found on torontolime.com...i'll just list the good ones and u can check them out.......

Ilah Man- Blaze Up Di Fire-this song is one of the jump up and get on bad kind of tunes.it was featured on the rah rah riddim which was produced by patrice who happens to be a friend of mine..

Ninja Dan-Outside Man-this song is more on the groovy side still nice.

Ricky T-Container- one of the road march tunes for 06..there were two road march winners this year because of a tie. This is on the Piton Riddim

Ninja Dan-Labouwe-another popular song for 06...if ud ont know labouwe means to make mud..just take that into consideration when listening...also on da piton riddim

Platinum George-May I- another big tune was very popular...

Vertex Band-Pressure UP- road march tune...i didnt really like it but it seemed to play on da road all day...

Kakle-My pen- another popular song...didnt really like it.St.Lucian Riddim

Iwa-season is mine remix- yeah st.lucia has an IWA not to be confused with IWER from trinidad.....i happen to like this song but it didnt get that much play in st.lucia....alot of my trini friends say d song stupid when its actually almost the same song kmc sang...hmmm...St.Lucian Riddim

Qpid-water -this song was hottt with the ladies..good song..every year qpid gets better....St.Lucian Riddim

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits

Thumbs up

I love Lucian soca. Escipally (my pressure up-vertex), (only one man –manitus), (rang bang bouyea-gillo), (yo kakakakaka-mighty killa), (labouwe-ninja Dan)

I don’t care which island soca comes from .as long I’m fellin the tune. I’m ready to dance in wine
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    i give it 2 thumbs up. Mantius, Bachelor, Invader r my top 3.

salty

Credits
    What I think of Lucian soca? I don't.

Other than Jany's Dip in de salt...don't really know much. I'll take a listen to some of the tracks you listed later on and come back with some feedback

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    Mannnn, any MUSIC coming from any ISLAND that I can SEE from VINCYLAND is GOOD to GO.

U DUN NUH.
    lol

Credits
    I love "May I", "Outside Man", "Pressure Up", and a song by nicole david...i think its called "Queen of this jungle" or sumting so.
    Well behaved women rarely make history.

www.myspace.com/jalenamusic
    www.youtube.com/jalenamusic
    www.twitter.com/jalenarocks

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by wukkinup View Post
    I love "May I", "Outside Man", "Pressure Up", and a song by nicole david...i think its called "Queen of this jungle" or sumting so.
    i must say im surprised so many of u know about the soca....i just dont hear ppl from other islands talking about us....but we coming....LUCIA LUCIA !