Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you all think of Ronaldo's performance against Croatia?

Credits

Wink What do you all think of Ronaldo's performance against Croatia?

i thought he gave such a poor performance which led to him be benched in the second half. he looks unfit and overweight, he cannot run properly and the ball keeps flyin pass him, even some of the players were reluctant in givin him the ball in order to move forward, he probably felt bad within himself to perform so poorly in front a huge crowd. i heard on tv that the president of brazil had to apologise to ronaldo for callin him overweight. i dont blame him fuh sayin that check his performance. but i must commend him fuh that sky rocketin almost goal in the second half but he definitely looks tired and out of it. i bet that his name and ability in the game will flood the papers tomorrow in brazil and de brazilian talk shows will find somethin to talk about tonite.

him being so lazy on the field still has not drown the hopes of brazil winnin this game.

wat u guys think?
    Last edited by analyst; 06-13-2006 at 04:37 PM.

elq
    Credits
    ah see ronaldo in de magic johnson thread....

Credits
    wat?

i am not tryin to diminish ronaldo cause he is a damn good football.

Credits
    he's a good player, but too many injuries. He needs time to heal

Credits
    he looked tired. wasnt he sick this pass weekend ? they shouldnt have started him let rabinho play till ronaldo gets better. he needs to rest.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ice
    he looked tired. wasnt he sick this pass weekend ? they shouldnt have started him let rabinho play till ronaldo gets better. he needs to rest.
    yeah sinus infection, i think it was a problem again this morning. I'm waiting to hear on the news, they're still interviewing the players and fans.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasilian_Cutie
    yeah sinus infection, i think it was a problem again this morning. I'm waiting to hear on the news, they're still interviewing the players and fans.

i feel the coach was under pressah to start him thats why he played, cause i cant see if he was sick up to this morning why u go start him when u have other player who are capable of performing better.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by da_ice
    i feel the coach was under pressah to start him thats why he played, cause i cant see if he was sick up to this morning why u go start him when u have other player who are capable of performing better.
    I'm with you on that also, so a lot of people. There's a few players that are on the bench that are good players.

Satisfaction Facilitator Terryfabulous's Avatar Terryfabulous is offline
    Credits
    I'm with you on that also, so a lot of people. There's a few players that are on the bench that are good players.
    a few? brasil has players to last for years...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryfabulous
    a few? brasil has players to last for years...
    LOL, but the new kids playing on the youth team and the brasilian league are great. Hell one of the best players in South America isn't even a brasilian, but he plays on a brasilian team.

I wasn't shock that the coach picked Ronaldo for the national team because he brings fans, but we (Brasil) want a win and we want some fresh faces and great players.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by analyst
    i thought he gave such a poor performance which led to him be benched in the second half. he looks unfit and overweight, he cannot run properly and the ball keeps flyin pass him, even some of the players were reluctant in givin him the ball in order to move forward, he probably felt bad within himself to perform so poorly in front a huge crowd. i heard on tv that the president of brazil had to apologise to ronaldo for callin him overweight. i dont blame him fuh sayin that check his performance. but i must commend him fuh that sky rocketin almost goal in the second half but he definitely looks tired and out of it. i bet that his name and ability in the game will flood the papers tomorrow in brazil and de brazilian talk shows will find somethin to talk about tonite.

him being so lazy on the field still has not drown the hopes of brazil winnin this game.

wat u guys think?
    I think maybe if you link up with Rihanna he would forget all illnesses, injuries, extra weight...EVERYTHINg

Credits

Thumbs up

LOL, but the new kids playing on the youth team and the brasilian league are great. Hell one of the best players in South America isn't even a brasilian, but he plays on a brasilian team.

I wasn't shock that the coach picked Ronaldo for the national team because he brings fans, but we (Brasil) want a win and we want some fresh faces and great players.
    It's pretty clear that Pareirra didn't have the balls to bench Ronaldo, after all, man's a big name/attraction. But at the end of the day I'd have to concur with coach Van Basten and what he told Seedorf and Davids after picking the Dutch squad: "I want great players, not great names." Sounds a lot like your position Cutie.

Fred and/or Robinho should be starting. Ponto.

Credits

Wink

same thing i was thinkin, they should started with another player. de brazilan lady, was there a lot of talk in the papers or tv shows that dealt with ronaldo's performance yesterday? sick or no sick , he still overweight, look at him compare to the other players. ronaldhino seemed he didnt want to pass him the ball so ronaldo had looked very shameful on the field in front the whole world.

Tight- wat de hell u sayin?

Credits
    Nope. Perriera will stick with Ronaldo because he needs match fitness... I actually don't think the man's weight is that bad at all... definately over exaggerated. He needs match fitness is what he needs and he can't get that on the bench.

Taj
    Credits
    Compared to his standards no

but looking at what the rest of the team did...he fit in just fine.

except fuh running the ball he did more of a run/walk.
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast