Thread: What to do???

Credits

What to do???

About two weeks ago I let a friend borrow some money, with the verbal agreement that it would be paid back. Since then they got into a car accident and told me that their car is pretty much a loss which in turn has made it difficult for them to get back and forth to work.

I'm not really hurting for the money b/c I strongly believe you should never lend what you cannot afford to loose but what bothers me is that they have not mentioned anything about paying me back.

Should I initiate the conversation or wait until they bring it up?

Credits
    I feel the friend is not going to bring it up because he/she just had the accident and feel you will be understanding that he/she will not be able to repay the loan right now considering.

Did you lend money before to this person? If the friend usually return things and money you may not need to bring it up I think.

However, I think you could bring up the loan. You might say something to the effect of: I feel awful you got into an accident and I know you probably thinking how you are going to pay me back with all the expenses you have to pay since the accident. Hear what you can pay me back sometime next year....
    Last edited by TriniTrini; 12-08-2007 at 11:12 AM.

Credits
    Only lend money to friends and relatives if its okay to NEVER see it again.

Having said that, I wouldn't bring it up right now- she probably feeling a little shame. But I also like TriniTrini's suggestion. Telling her not to worry about the money right now will put her mind at ease and she can focus on getting her wheels back.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by lovely1 View Post
    About two weeks ago I let a friend borrow some money, with the verbal agreement that it would be paid back. Since then they got into a car accident and told me that their car is pretty much a loss which in turn has made it difficult for them to get back and forth to work.

I'm not really hurting for the money b/c I strongly believe you should never lend what you cannot afford to loose but what bothers me is that they have not mentioned anything about paying me back.

Should I initiate the conversation or wait until they bring it up?
    damn

aren't you a selfish biatch ..

They could have died and all you think about is money you don't need.

daaaaaaaamnnn

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by liteskinboy View Post
    damn

aren't you a selfish biatch ..

They could have died and all you think about is money you don't need.

daaaaaaaamnnn
    thanks for such kind words.... IMIX really got a keeper in you!!!!

Credits
    next time you go by them

steal enough of their belongings to sell on craigslist to get back yuh money

then call them a week later like you dont know anything and ask about your money