Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: What Caribbean island most similar to Jamaica?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmayling View Post
    The islands in the Greater Antilles which are just the tip of an undersea mountain range. Jamaica, Cuba, Haiti, Dr, Puerto Rico and Cayman.
    Is Cayman generally accepted as Greater Antilles?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by A.K.K.S. View Post
    WTF does that mean?

Mexico, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Colombia and Venezuela can give you all that.

Exactly. Now what was corrupt file saying now?
    those countries that you mentioned are they caribbean islands or even in the caribbean?

and im pretty sure when that fool said that he was talking in terms of its characteristics. its very similar to those south american countries.

other than that, trinidad is more caribbean than belize anyday.
    Im intoxicated and my speevg gettgdgget.... sorry. And my speech getting complicated

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmayling View Post
    The beaches in Guyana would look just as appealing from an aerial view as pic number one. However, based on those large boulders and rocks in the water,that beach clearly is not safe to swim,boat or do any type of water activities.
    I am a bit surprise for a person that travels as much as you to even compare Trinidad beaches with Negril of all the beaches in JA. Negril is famous for it powdery white sand beaches and one of the top partying places in the world. That is like saying Mykanos, Izbiza, Phuket etc are just boring. Jamaica does have some bad beaches. The worst I would say is Gun Boat in kingston. Tons of jellyfish, polluted and now and then you see sharks. Its not even safe to swim there anymore. Mo-bay is crowded and the typical white sand beach you are talking about.
    What makes negril beaches stand out from any powdery white sand beach from another island? NOTHING! if they blind fold you and place u on one of those beaches you probably wouldnt know what island youre on because their beaches are so familiar.

i personally really dont care for white sand crystal clear beaches.
    Im intoxicated and my speevg gettgdgget.... sorry. And my speech getting complicated

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    Mayling, why r u so evil and wretched? this is how the beach would like aerial in Guyana, and leave Guyanese people alone! they never ask to compete for no beach prize.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/24188312.

alyuh can argue over nothing, we know Jamaica have more powdery sand, crystal waters (in some places) but the rugged and terrain in Trinidad is different, it cant really be compared.

its a trade off, Barbados have powdery sand, and crystal waters in most places but it has no mountains, barely much flora and fauna, its basically a coral island that came up from the ocean.

Trinidad on the other hand was detached from South America not to long ago (not too long ago in the grand scheme of things). if u look at the characteristics of the terrain in Trinidad its not fully Caribbean.

some of the beaches are inaccessible meaning u have to hike for up to 3 hours just to get there, with Paria Bay being an example.
    I agree with you 100%, and its the rugged terrain which encourages wildlife and eco tourism in Trinidad.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Credits
    WTF does that mean?

Mexico, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Colombia and Venezuela can give you all that.

Exactly. Now what was corrupt file saying now?
    no comparing trinidad, dominica, svg etc to a place like cayman, bahamas, barbados

the terrain is differnt, was not taking about all those places u mentioned
    A.K.K.S. likes this.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt file View Post
    those countries that you mentioned are they caribbean islands or even in the caribbean?
    Mr "World Traveller" are you seriously asking if Mexico, Central and South America have a Caribbean Sea??? Really?

So you think there is a "Central America Sea" then?
    Missmayling likes this.

Credits
    What makes negril beaches stand out from any powdery white sand beach from another island? NOTHING! if they blind fold you and place u on one of those beaches you probably wouldnt know what island youre on because their beaches are so familiar.

jamaica have some nice treats from what i see, like the cliffside bar restaurant thingy by the

u just like bash lol
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Mr "World Traveller" are you seriously asking if Mexico, Central and South America have a Caribbean Sea??? Really?

oh so because part of their coastline is on the caribbean sea, that makes them caribbean right?

Credits
    Only AKKS could take a thread about which caribbean island is similar to Jamaica into a beach thread.

the fella beach obsessed and he love bash people cuz he feel Belize is the best
    Corrupt file likes this.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits

The thread is clearly about Caribbean ISLANDS.

stop trying to fit in. you country is NOT a caribbean island.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    Only AKKS could take a thread about which caribbean island is similar to Jamaica into a beach thread.

the fella beach obsessed and he love bash people cuz he feel Belize is the best
    Go check back and see if I brought up beaches first. Cuz i didn't

And Belize don't have the best beaches IMO. Better than Trinidad though lol. The best I've seen were in Mexico, just north of Belize.

Cayman, Barbados, Roatan and Florida are up there too.

Credits

And Belize don't have the best beaches IMO. The best I've seen we're in Mexico, just north of Belize.

ok so i can only talk for Trinidad, Tobago, Barbados and Florida

Barbados beaches are very blue and the sand is very fine, every where u go in Barbados u can access a beach in no time.

Finding a beach in Trinidad takes time, but when u hike, you get some nice treats with no one around, if u make some day trips, u would be like i never taught trinidad had this nice beach, again not the crytal type with the barbados sand but very nice ones in a different way. stay away from Trinidad's west coast unless its down the islands, the water is sometimes dirty cuz of industrial or brackish (kinda like a lake)

Tobago is nice, beaches very accessible, not on Barbados's level in any way, some good ones that can compare to some in Barbados, but Tobago's main ridge blows everything about Barbados's interior out of the water,. it hurts that when i went to some of the beaches last time, garbage was washing up on some of the beaches.

Tobago have so much character that Barbados dont have in terms of terrain, birds, and CULTURE
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits

And Belize don't have the best beaches IMO. Better than Trinidad though lol. The best I've seen were in Mexico, just north of Belize.

I am not doubting that Belize have nice beaches
    A.K.K.S. likes this.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    akks is like the annoying little sibling

who is always trying to fit in

Credits

I had your attitude about Negril, till I went there.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast