Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Allyuh Think About

Kiz
    Credits

What Allyuh Think About

Mayor Bloomberg firing dat fella for ketching him wid the solitaire game on his computer at wuk

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz
    Mayor Bloomberg firing dat fella for ketching him wid the solitaire game on his computer at wuk
    no story?need more info

Dragon
    He did the right thing .. I hope some of our members take note . We have had 1 or 2 members lose their job over Islandmix .

Credits
    eh hear de story but all work and no solitaire makes jack a dull boy

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey
    no story?need more info

what more info you need

Credits
    ah doh tink it was right, he doh know if de man was on a break, lunch or what, dats jus crazy. an what yuh gonna tell yuh ppl how u get fired.
    doh moke jake

Credits

If you want things done right............

Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz
    what more info you need

Solitaire Costs Man His City Job After Bloomberg Sees Computer
    Sign In to E-Mail This
    Printer-Friendly
    Save Article

By WINNIE HU
    Published: February 10, 2006
    Playing computer solitaire on the job has become one of the more common, if stealthy, ways of passing time in the modern-day office. But people who work for Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg may want to think twice before playing the game.

Skip to next paragraph

Stewart Cairns for The New York Times
    Edward Greenwood IX at home. He was fired after Mayor Bloomberg saw a solitaire game on Mr. Greenwood's office computer.
    Edward Greenwood IX was fired Jan. 30 from his job as an assistant in the city's lobbying office in Albany, not long after the mayor spied the game on his computer screen during a Jan. 4 visit to the state capital.

Mr. Greenwood, 39, said he was dismissed with no notice, and no severance pay, after working there for six years. He earned about $27,000 a year for duties that included sending legislative bills to city agencies and copying and circulating office memos.

Mr. Bloomberg confirmed yesterday that Mr. Greenwood's firing offense was the game of solitaire, saying that city employees were not paid to play at the workplace. The firing was first reported yesterday by The New York Post.

"I expect all city workers including myself to work hard," Mayor Bloomberg said during a news conference in Midtown Manhattan. "There's nothing wrong with taking a break but during the business day at your desk, that's not appropriate behavior."

In response to a reporter's question, Mr. Bloomberg, who built his own financial information empire, added that his own lack of computer skills had probably kept him from using his work computer for anything else.

Mr. Greenwood said yesterday that he always finished his work in a timely fashion, and that he played solitaire only when there was nothing else left to do, usually a few times a week or during lunch breaks.

"Any and all work I had to do, I did with a passion," he said. "If I have a stack of things to be done, I'm not the kind of guy to put it off."

Mr. Greenwood said that he had left the solitaire game on his computer while going to pick up tickets for the mayor and other city officials to attend the governor's annual address to the state. When he returned, Mr. Greenwood said, the mayor had arrived and was posing for pictures with other office workers.

Mr. Greenwood said that he asked for a picture with the mayor, too, and that was when Mr. Bloomberg went into his office and saw the solitaire game.

"I don't have any real animosity towards the guy," he said. "He's the boss, so if this is the way he wants it handled, there's nothing I can do about it. But am I happy about it? No."

Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinidelle
    ah doh tink it was right, he doh know if de man was on a break, lunch or what, dats jus crazy. an what yuh gonna tell yuh ppl how u get fired.
    Bullshit . You an eye both know the facker was slacking on the job . We pay our taxes for these mofo's to work not play games

Kiz
    Credits
    oh plz. did I still not get replies. Mek yuh own damn post

Credits
    After reading the story
    it does not look like the mayor had enough info to just fire him like that.
    suppose he was on a break?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon
    Bullshit . You an eye both know the facker was slacking on the job . We pay our taxes for these mofo's to work not play games

yuh right
    doh moke jake

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon

I hope I dont get fired for being on imix all day

Credits
    After reading the story
    it does not look like the mayor had enough info to just fire him like that.
    suppose he was on a break?
    Actually they did have enough to fire him. That computer belonged to the city and I'm sure they have some disclaimer that pops up every day saying that "this computer is to be used for business purposes only" whenever he logged into it. Most companies do and that's enough to cover them. So unless he can prove that playing solitaire is part of his job description, he's out of luck. I've seen people get fired for even less. They like to make an example of someone to show the rest of the employees what they won't tolerate.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee_bajan
    Actually they did have enough to fire him. That computer belonged to the city and I'm sure they have some disclaimer that pops up every day saying that "this computer is to be used for business purposes only" whenever he logged into it. Most companies do and that's enough to cover them. So unless he can prove that playing solitaire is part of his job description, he's out of luck. I've seen people get fired for even less. They like to make an example of someone to show the rest of the employees what they won't tolerate.
    we all know it SAYS that.
    But in practice only those that ABUSE it get fired.

If it were strictly enforced equally half the staff would be fired.

If he chose to file a law suit(which he still may) he may have a good chance at winning

how much tax payer money would THAT waste?

Credits
    i like tha Mayor........but this is one time I ent like his a$$.....for this bullsh*t..plz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast