Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about people who starve everyday across Africa?

Credits

What about people who starve everyday across Africa?

Why no urgent recovery for them?

I understand that the Haitian situation needs consideration, but people suffer everyday across the world . Thousands perhaps millions of people in impoverished nations die of dirty drinking water. People are still going through slavery.

We should help all social ills of the world. Don't just all of sudden give a hand for Haitians. We should all donate for every cause.

Credits
    There are people who donate to and/or take part in different causes around the world. That should be apparent based on the number of organizations out here to help others. I would hope that giving increases in general, but don't assume what people do.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post

I understand that the Haitian situation needs consideration, but people suffer everyday across the world . Thousands perhaps millions of people in impoverished nations die of dirty drinking water. People are still going through slavery.

We should help all social ills of the world. Don't just all of sudden give a hand for Haitians. We should all donate for every cause.
    There are ongoing programs for different countries in Africa. Do some research and maybe you can help and or make donations to organizations such as unicef.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    There are people who donate to different causes around the world. Don't assume what people do...
    But why isn't the awareness widespread?

The deaths in Haiti is around 2% of all deaths in the world.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    There are ongoing programs for different countries in Africa. Do some research and maybe you can help and or make donations to organizations such as unicef.
    Exactly. I'm wondering why he seems to think that there aren't ongoing programs to which people contribute. Just because people respond to huge crises doesn't mean that they are not active in other causes.

Credits

That's an issue of the value that individuals place on each other as human beings. Unfortunately, we all don't value each other (at least not highly enough) or see the connection between us all. However, there is plenty information out there for those who are interested.

Credits

Dude just because you live your life like an ostrich, that doesn't mean that the news and programs about other countries are not widespread.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    u cant force ppl to a cause...ppl will always chose what cause they want to donate to fro reasons specific to them...so if right now we seein a nation in crisis and chose to help them out what is de problem with that?
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyshawtie View Post
    u cant force ppl to a cause...ppl will always chose what cause they want to donate to fro reasons specific to them...so if right now we seein a nation in crisis and chose to help them out what is de problem with that?
    I'm not saying there is a problem. I'm going to put in a hand today. I'm just saying that we should all rally and donate to all of the causes in the world.

Credits
    I'm not saying there is a problem. I'm going to put in a hand today. I'm just saying that we should all rally and donate to all of the causes in the world.
    There are people who do...do you? What kinds of activities are you generally involved in?

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    What makes you think we don't? What makes you think people all over the world don't? Not everyone broadcasts or need to broadcast what charities they donate to. Not everyone can be like MJ and donate to every or nearly every cause in the world. But for the most part people do what they can with whatever resources they have. It's a more simple concept than you think.
    Last edited by Shandy 2.0; 01-13-2010 at 08:55 AM.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits

You can state your case without sounding like your protesting the attention haiti is getting.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandy 2.0 View Post
    What makes you think we don't? What makes you think people all over the world don't? Not everyone broadcasts or need to broadcast what charities they donate to. Not everyone can be like MJ and donate to every or nearly every cause in the world. But for the most part people do what they can with whatever resources they have. It's a more simple concept than you think.
    Thank you. He's going around assuming that people don't give or don't want to give others around the world. Note his comment in the other thread doubting that any IMIXERS would actually go to Haiti and help. Seriously ignorant...but maybe it's because that's how he has chosen to conduct himself for so long. Guess it's difficult for him to imagine that others live differently.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    You can state your case without sounding like your protesting the attention haiti is getting.
    Yea...was he saying the same thing during other recent crises like the one in American Samoa?

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Thank you. He's going around assuming that people don't give or don't want to give others around the world. Note his comment in the other thread doubting that any IMIXERS would actually go to Haiti and help. Seriously ignorant...but maybe it's because that's how he has chosen to conduct himself for so long. Guess it's difficult for him to imagine that others live differently.
    He has a really bad case of the ostrich syndrome and I don't think it's going to go away any time soon. *smh*
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast