Thread: We need to stop the S&^T!!!!!

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits

We need to stop the S&^T!!!!!

I wasn't going to say anything about this Lil Rick situation...

I am listening to WLIB right now. Yes this is going to damn far now. #1 since Denise is bellyaching so bad about a "Caribbean version of the Dozens" she should be big enough to approach lil Rick after the show or something in that respect, not cry to the papers #2 for Protector to propose a block on all Caribbean artists from Trinidad carnival is JUST PLAIN DUMB! #3 We are stuggling with unity enough as it is...there are wars going on all over the world, we here are living on a land that is the largest target in the world for "terrorists", etc... so we don't need to add to the confusion right now. #4 We are all Ni&&as to the ignorant fools out there anyway so we have no one but each other. #5 to say the other islands don't play Trini music is wrong! I was in Jamaica recently and I heard "Showdown" By Xtatik and Burning Flames in a shop and saw Soca videos on TV. Like Dahved said this morning we are taking one step forward to make 50 steps back :o

We need to stop this mess, we as a people need to e-mail TUCO and tell them as a people that we need to concentrate on [font size=4]UNITY[/font]

Whew! now I gotta go to work. PEACE

[font color=Blue]RALLY AROUND THE WEST INDIES[/font]
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

STICKMAN

RE: We need to stop the S&^T!!!!!

You know how when people make great achievements or have high status in a particular field, they feel no one can touch them and are given certain allowances that generally are not allowed...
    Look at basketball, players like Jordan can foul all they want without being called, Shaq can take all the steps he want without being called for travelling...
    Well maybe Mrs. Plumber expected that same treatment. I don't think i have heard any of her songs, my parents are familliar with her though and from what i hear she is well respected in the calypso field.. Maybe she felt she could do all the talking she want but still recieve the utmost respect and reverense from her underlings, and the slightest back chat she get would be out of line.. From what i read Lil Rick did not attack her so harshly to warrant such a response... and to ban bajan artists from TNT for the actions of one, now that is rediculous, even if Lil Rick comments were that bad..
    I dunno about in islands themselves and radio airplay, but all i see when i watchin caribbean artists perform is love for the other islands...

Credits

I know I ain gine be too popular for saying dis, but I realize wunna regulars on imix ignoring dis issue which has the potential to get seriously outta hand (even more than it is right now).

I was at de show at de Oval and was truly glad to see de unity behind de concept of artists from Bim & TNT together. I am a big fan of Lil' Rick and may be accused of having a bias, but I ain see or hear not a ting wrong wid what he say and don blame he one bit for not apologizing.

Dat said, I tink Plummer and Protector are outta dey blasted minds if dey tink it mek sense to ban Bajan artist/music in TNT. Who de ass dey think dey is????? Both Trinis and Bajans love each others artists/music. Case in point -- de crowd went mad at a recent Power X Four fete when Bunji and Benjai went pon de stage to perform. And don't let's get started on how Rupee, Square One & krosfyah does mash tings up at Carnival and other Trini events.

The show was billed as Battle of de Sexes, and Sanelle Dempster get pon TV and say she was gine chain de Hypa Dawg wid a dog collar in she hand. Wasn't dat disrespectly too? De Hypa Dawg simply respond (by calling not only de TNT women pon stage, but Alison, TC, etc.).

From my vantage point it doan look Lil Rick give a shite if he break into the TNT soca scene, so dey could ban he all dey like. His music is "100% Bajan" and is not intended to have de cross-Caribean appeal like other Bajan artists.

At de end of de day, all of this is bare foolishness and it needs to come to an end now.

Bajans, Trinis, Vincys, Lucians, etc. -- all of we is one and we need to unite. It really sad to see dat de colonialism (divide and conquer) is still alive and well in de Caribbean so many years after slavery done.

Plummer, Protector and anyone else who is perpetuating dis situation -- DONE IT NOW!

Credits

bajan-mad-winer i spoke my opinion on this earlier and was accused of once again selling out (by someone who had to change her screen name to cuss me) Anywho.... I agree with you... but it is getting out of hand.. Instead of helping each other, we want to bring each other down in the end the only people who lose are the fans.....

If we unify and share with each other what is great about your respective islands we will be better off...

juck bwa an patat la
    WOUY ME FÊ

Credits

>Bajans, Trinis, Vincys, Lucians, etc. -- all of we is one and we >need to unite. It really sad to see dat de colonialism (divide and >conquer) is still alive and well in de Caribbean so many years after >slavery done.

It's sad but it's true what goes on with us till this day. Does this man even understand the responsibility that was given to him? But anyways is the promoters and the radio stations especially I heard that count so whatever they say is what goes.

Credits

DITTO!!

Proper Pork...
    "Leve Pou Manje Sa"

Credits

De saddest part of dis whole situation is dat de artists may lose revenues -- both in Bim & TNT. On a Bajan message board I does frequent, ppls already saying dey dare Plummer to come back to B'dos and perform. De promoters may have pull, but not if ppl tek dis ting serious and start boycotting certain artists in Bim and TNT. And den who gine lose out -- EVERYBODY.

I was at de show and yuh shoulda see de love de predominately young crowd gave Plummer when she was pon de stage, despite de fact dat she really was outta place in a show like dat. I can tell yuh, if she step foot in Bim to perform again, she gine get boo off de stage.

I tink one of de reasons traditional calypso in Bim get sooo much respect dis year among younger Bajans is because of Lil Rick. He entered the Monarch competition and had two very successful social commentary songs which renewed interest in this genre with de younger set who typically only interested in de "party" songs.

De situation has some very dangerous ramafications which can only hurt the strides that have been made to stop alot of Trinis vs. Bajans igrunce.

Credits

I was at the show too.. and i felt really proud to see bajans singing along to Plummer NAH LEAVIN... that is why this whole thing is baffling to me..

juck bwa an patat la
    WOUY ME FÊ

Credits

In my humble opinion, the "regulars" are not ignoring this issue, but don't want to continue to beat a dead house. Because usually with topics of this nature, it can get out of hand and turn into a us vs. them talk. And frankly I for one don't want to engage in such. Sometimes it's best to just keep yuh mouth shout.

Credits

classyivy1 , very well said , I have a lot of Bajan friends and this could get ugly if it continues , I take the 5th on this topic. leh we done this ting now .

Credits

Dis is my opinion on it from de other post from BajanFete.

My opinion on dat is.
    Denyse Plummer really did misunderstand the meanin of Lil' Ricks performance and also it tend to be only her makin trouble about ah doh hear Sanelle name callin up in de newspapers gihin bad talk or negative comments about anyting dat went on. I also tink dis is because Sanelle know of de advertisin she did and other calypsonians did for that show.

I myself am a big fan of Denyse but when I read dis I was radda dissapointed that she decided to handle it in such a manner instead of she showin that she is the 'highly respected' calypsonian as she an many claim for her to be and go and talk wid de Hypa Dawg himself about his performance. She herself should know they way things go in a 'soca fete' and how the performers act in order to enhance the entertainment in their performance.

But NO!!! Instead Michael 'sissy protector' Leggerton come on de paper talkin bout 'lock Bajans outta Trinidad' dat man want lix.

He himself should be dismissed of his profession for wantin to handle the situation in such a manner. As a representitive of TUCO he should know the better way to handle all types of affairs instead of bein 1 way and not gettin de odda side of de story an clearin de whole ting in full. Daz a sheer idiot fuh yuh dey.

Also Lil' Rick to an extent is wrong on his part because he did not know whether Denyse was willin to participate in de performance (notice I didn't mention Sanelle cause yuh doh hear nuttin bout she).

Anyway dat is my say on all dis...hopefully nothin will come out of dis because what will happen 2 the soca world as Trinidad & Barbados bein the 2 main contributors to this scene. Hopefully dis ting will be dismissed with no hard feeling and let everyting be all good again.

BajeBwoy

poca-old

i don't know much about this story but i think that no one should be disrespected on or off stage. there is no need to start acting like what we see and hear from hip hop music. disrespecting women is a cheap way to get success... that's my opinion...

"Many islands, One Caribbean"

Credits

Thanks Allyuh

Credits

Poca...no one insulted Denyse Plummer...she misconstrued and called it an insult when it was mere fun.