Thread: Wayne to be buried next to father

Credits

Wayne to be buried next to father

the tears are not leaving my eyes for the day, there are just too many things to digest right now...i am so concerned for my family and friends in nyc right now...it's a sad sad world... :-(
    R.I.P. Wayne, you will be missed...Jesus lord, what about his poor family and friends who would like to fly from ny to trinidad for his funeral?! this is so sad...

http://www.guardian.co.tt/entertain6.html

FORMER National Road March champion Wayne Rodriguez is expected to be buried next to the grave of his father on Thursday.

This is the wish of his mother, Paulina Rodriguez, who insisted her son be laid to rest where he grew up, and alongside his father. The funeral service is to take place at the La Brea RC Church from 4 pm.

Scheduled for tonight is a "Celebration of the Life of Wayne Rodriguez" at the Soca Boat, Wrightson Road, Port-of-Spain, which begins at 7.30 pm and will feature presentations by fellow calypsonians and friends.

There will be a service tomorrow at the Paddock, Queen's Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain, where Rodriguez' body will be available for public viewing from 1 pm. Also, a condolence book will be open for signing. The service is expected to begin at 4 pm.

Rodriguez was found hanging on Saturday in the bedroom of his Cocorite apartment. The autopsy results released on Sunday revealed death was caused by asphyxia consistent with hanging.

People close to Rodriguez have said they can't believe he took his own life, as they saw no signs he was depressed or otherwise troubled up to hours before his death. Rodriguez would have been going into the studio this week.

montREALady :-)
    "2gether we aspire, 2gether we achieve"

Credits

RE: Wayne to be buried next to father

again condolenses to the Rodriguez family...

MAY HE REST IN PEACE AND FIND THE HAPPINESS HE DESERVE

SEXY G.T. QUEEN

Credits

AN EMAIL I RECEIVED REGARDING THE NOSTRADAMUS ISSUE

Credits

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news14.html

US tragedy keeps away Rodriguez's wife, son
    BY MICHELLE DOODHAI

Wayne Rodriguez's wife and youngest son were unable to attend his funeral yesterday as flights from New York were grounded because of Tuesday's terrorist attacks.

Rodriguez's wife, Jessica, and his youngest child, Justice, 3, who live in New York, were scheduled to return on Tuesday afternoon.

The 27-year-old entertainer's best friend, Kurt Sheppard, also a New Yorker, said: "They are so disappointed they can't be here but Jessica asked me to take lots of pictures so she can see what he looked like."

Rodriguez, who won the 1998 Road March title with "Footsteps", was buried yesterday at the La Brea Cemetery following a service at the La Brea Roman Catholic Church.

Relatives, friends and fans, most from South Trinidad, yesterday gathered under a makeshift tent at Rodriguez's childhood home on Ramdeen Crescent, Point D'Or, La Brea.

Sitting in a chair holding on to the wooden casket, in which Rodriguez body lay dressed in a black suit, his mother, Paulina, 74, kept shaking her head in disbelief.

His eldest daughter, Shenisse, 7, was consoled by relatives as she kept screaming: "I want my daddy!"

The father of three was found hanging in the bedroom of his ground floor apartment at Seascape, Cocorite, on Saturday.

Hours before his death, Rodriguez called his mother and said he intended to go to La Brea to spend the weekend with her. He also called Sheppard in New York twice to say he was "under pressure" but would be visiting soon.

Lay Minister Rev Julianna Valdez performed the service while the eulogy was done by Rodriguez's manager, Alvin Daniels.

Credits

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/n3.htm

RODRIGUEZ LAID TO REST
    Wayne’s friend hits rumour-mongers

By KEINO SWAMBER
    South Bureau

ENTERTAINER Wayne Rodriguez, who was found hanging at his home almost one week ago, was laid to rest yesterday in his hometown of La Brea amidst growing rumours about his sexuality.

Many who attended the funeral at the Sacred Heart RC Church in La Brea were critical of those who were spreading the rumours about Rodriguez, 35, a father of three.

Among them was former Xtatik bandmate Joseph “Joey” Rivers who, like Rodriguez, severed ties with the soca band to pusue other opportunities in the music industry.

Rodriguez left the band mere months after he ruled the road in 1998 with the monster hit “Footsteps”.

“Many disgusting rumours also surfaced and were propagated by many people—some of whom might be here right now,” said Rivers to a packed congregation. “And of course, the many who contributed to his stress are now claiming to have been there for him.”

Speaking to members of the media before the service was Kurt Sheppard who identified himself as “Wayne’s best friend”.

He said: “I am hearing a lot of stuff about my boy that I don’t perceive to be true.”

Asked to elaborate, he replied: “I have been hearing talk about homosexuality. I don’t believe that to be true and coming from New York and coming to Trinidad and reading the newspapers—it hurts.”

Sheppard revealed that Rodriguez left a message on his phone last Friday—the day before he was discovered hanging from a piece of electrical wire in the bedroom of his Cocorite apartment.

“He left a message telling me to call him around 10 a.m. the next day and just as I was about to call I received a call myself telling me that Wayne committed suicide.”

Sheppard said he was at a loss to find a reason why Rodriguez would kill himself.

He added that Rodriguez’s estranged wife was disappointed that she could not return from New York to attend his funeral, since commercial travel to and from the US had been suspended following Tuesday’s terrorist attack.

Delivering the eulogy at the funeral service was Rodriguez’s manager Alvin Daniell who described him as “a very fragile individual who was easily hurt and who was always concerned with what people thought about him”.

-------------------------------
    RIP Wayne.

"people does talk, because they could talk. people does talk for a good "ole" talk" (from xtatik's big truck album, "what dey say, dey say")