Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Wats the Real Definition Of

  1. #1
    Father Nutmeg Garrison's Avatar Garrison is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,674
    Credits
    29,188,529

    Wats the Real Definition Of

    lavway
    :::Make One Wrong Move N Crapo Smoke yuh Pipe, Rum Stronger Than Love:::

  2. #2
    Father Nutmeg Garrison's Avatar Garrison is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,674
    Credits
    29,188,529
    so nobody know wey the word mean...
    :::Make One Wrong Move N Crapo Smoke yuh Pipe, Rum Stronger Than Love:::

  3. #3
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    lavway could have 2 meanings.

    When we have cultural shows in Dominica, there is a dance called bele which is accompanied by drums and people chanting. The person doing the lead chant is doing the lavway.

    Also Lavway is when people loud and scandalous.... you can say ..."ay ay she coming down the road with one lavway!"

  4. #4
    Who feels it knows it! Georgeflash's Avatar Georgeflash is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    outside
    Posts
    9,316
    Credits
    33,373,943
    Thought it was when yuh can't afford something and yuh eye red suh yuh put dung weh yuh have and dem hold it fi yuh till yuh get di rest of di money.

  5. #5
    Gladiator
    Guest
    First time I heard Lavway (and not laYway) YouTube - Lavway Riddim Mix(new soca)

  6. #6
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgeflash View Post
    Thought it was when yuh can't afford something and yuh eye red suh yuh put dung weh yuh have and dem hold it fi yuh till yuh get di rest of di money.
    dude this is not layaway

  7. #7
    UNBREAKABLE vincyempress's Avatar vincyempress is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ovah so
    Posts
    13,515
    Credits
    1,036,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgeflash View Post
    Thought it was when yuh can't afford something and yuh eye red suh yuh put dung weh yuh have and dem hold it fi yuh till yuh get di rest of di money.
    lol ah hope u ain serious, or i quit! lol
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

  8. #8
    Who feels it knows it! Georgeflash's Avatar Georgeflash is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    outside
    Posts
    9,316
    Credits
    33,373,943
    Quote Originally Posted by vincyempress View Post
    lol ah hope u ain serious, or i quit! lol
    Come on VE......you should know me by now LOL

  9. #9
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by vincyempress View Post
    lol ah hope u ain serious, or i quit! lol
    I really doubt he's being serious

  10. #10
    Father Nutmeg Garrison's Avatar Garrison is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,674
    Credits
    29,188,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    lavway could have 2 meanings.

    When we have cultural shows in Dominica, there is a dance called bele which is accompanied by drums and people chanting. The person doing the lead chant is doing the lavway.

    Also Lavway is when people loud and scandalous.... you can say ..."ay ay she coming down the road with one lavway!"
    thanx nica
    :::Make One Wrong Move N Crapo Smoke yuh Pipe, Rum Stronger Than Love:::

  11. #11
    UNBREAKABLE vincyempress's Avatar vincyempress is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ovah so
    Posts
    13,515
    Credits
    1,036,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgeflash View Post
    Come on VE......you should know me by now LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    I really doubt he's being serious
    George is ah clown..lol
    George me love yuh off yuh see..
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

  12. #12
    Father Nutmeg Garrison's Avatar Garrison is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,674
    Credits
    29,188,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    First time I heard Lavway (and not laYway) YouTube - Lavway Riddim Mix(new soca)
    yuh joking right
    :::Make One Wrong Move N Crapo Smoke yuh Pipe, Rum Stronger Than Love:::

  13. #13
    Who feels it knows it! Georgeflash's Avatar Georgeflash is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    outside
    Posts
    9,316
    Credits
    33,373,943
    Quote Originally Posted by vincyempress View Post
    George is ah clown..lol
    George me love yuh off yuh see..
    I love you more.
    We should get to know each other better before February 1.

    I fear my time here may be cut short.

  14. #14
    UNBREAKABLE vincyempress's Avatar vincyempress is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ovah so
    Posts
    13,515
    Credits
    1,036,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgeflash View Post
    I love you more.
    We should get to know each other better before February 1.

    I fear my time here may be cut short.
    yes dahlin we should
    Time one imix? or foreign?
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

  15. #15
    Father Nutmeg Garrison's Avatar Garrison is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,674
    Credits
    29,188,529
    Nica are there any vid of said performance ?
    :::Make One Wrong Move N Crapo Smoke yuh Pipe, Rum Stronger Than Love:::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •