LGN
    Credits

VincyJam82

Yuh go today

The JaMô
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadadlian Defoe
    Yuh go today

I shame to say...

I overslept... the alarm went off and I didn't hear it... so I blasted well miss out.

LGN
    Credits
    I was interesting but a disappointment almost!!!
    You had to get tickets for certain shows and had to queue up for them me and friend planned to get there before the 1 hour they said to come collect the tickets and we missed out ONLY SIXTY how you only gonna organise only 60 SEATS for a big ting oragnised by the BBC at the British Library!!!!. We were at the meet the experts section for about and hour and a half before anyway. (this white man was telling us who he traced his roots on BIM. Lucky the black man come otherwise some people would of gave up ) This woman from Montserrat was pissed off nuff people she kept asking mentioning about her McIntosh surname. She asked where you could get the records she needed the man told her about THREE times she kept asking. The man said you cant go back and back otherwise youíll get lost or cant go that far back because youíll only find out about slaves ,not what part for Africa and you end up having to research 16 grandparents they were from then when she leave she accuse the man of being a liar. (long story.chooopz. Too long to explain in depth you got the basics of it though)
    Anyway I got decent info from that. But most of the stuff im sure you could of found out yourself.
    Anyway we went for the talk which they organised for the people who didnít get tickets
    (The group talk with meet the experts was better than the talk because they spoke to us one on one within the group)
    again BACK to the meet the experts section and he (the black man Paul crooks) repeated what he said to the small group me and my friend was in but we had extra than what he said the second time but at the end BBC London apologised can gave us free t-shirts knowing black people as they are they all rushed the table the first woman who got the box took ten wid out considering others! but in the end I got sixteen!
    You didnít need no ticket to get in! It was just a walk in ting!
    Oh yeah there was some real mixed up people there with like 12 countries in them. I know Caribbean people mixed up but gesssh.
    Some man scared me and told me my roots might lie my bequia because of my surname and how it isnít common in Grenada.(I guess he was right because I checked the SVG phonebook more common in bequia but only by a little) But that wasnít one of the Ďexpertsí it was some old guy from SVG who had links in Lucia. And the woman he was with (not his wife because she was from Trinidad) had some high power people in her bloodline full up wid politicians and all sorts.
    But I enjoyed in the summer im gonna go to the family history centre when Ive finished my tests.

Anyway I brought some book I thought which was good and it will help me a little The author is the white guy wid links to bim:
    Last edited by LGN; 02-12-2006 at 08:15 PM.

LGN
    Credits
    Theres is one on Barbados aswell even though I have roots in BIM I dont think I'll be buying this one:

The JaMô
    Ohhhhh so yuh been eh? LOL

Yuh probably thought you woulda spy me there and ting eh? lol

So the exhibition was only one day? Or will they still have stuff available to browse? I gotta go to the family history centre myself one day.

LGN
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VincyJam82
    Ohhhhh so yuh been eh? LOL

Yuh probably thought you woulda spy me there and ting eh? lol

So the exhibition was only one day? Or will they still have stuff available to browse? I gotta go to the family history centre myself one day.
    No I wasnt spyin on yuh! I couldnt breathe properly after that man told me I might be able to trace my blood line to some tiny island owned by SVG!
    They said there gonna make another talk and they asked everyone to fill in a form. They didnt really have records there
    Just go straight to the Family Record Centre. and get the book im talking about from your local library if they have it.(or buy it)
    I need a copy of my grandaddy birth cert anyway. I dont want phone grenada to get a copy of it. Yes I dont want to run up the phone bill
    Last edited by LGN; 02-12-2006 at 08:39 PM.

LGN
    Credits
    Yuh recon SVG will grant me citizenship via descent if some of my roots do lie in bequia

The JaMô
    No I wasnt spyin on yuh! I couldnt breathe properly after that man told me I might be able to trace my blood line to some tiny island owned by SVG!
    They said there gonna make another talk and they asked everyone to fill in a form. They didnt really have records there
    Just go straight to the Family Record Centre. and get the book im talking about from your local library if they have it.(or buy it)
    I need a copy of my grandaddy birth cert anyway. I dont to phone grenada to get a copy of it. Yes I dont want to run up the phone bill
    Hahahahaha! Nothing bad about being able to trace your roots to Bequia... what's your surname anyways?

The JaMô
    Yuh recon SVG will grant me citizenship via descent if some of my roots do lie in bequia
    NO

LGN
    Credits
    Hahahahaha! Nothing bad about being able to trace your roots to Bequia... what's your surname anyways?
    M**gan among others
    Whats Yours? Let me guess.Ur 1/2 Lucian. Hippolyte?
    Last edited by LGN; 02-12-2006 at 08:52 PM.

The JaMô
    M**gan among others
    Whats Yours?
    MORGAN? Yuh feckin lie! yuh serious? And lemme know if yuh serious cuz my great grandmother (mother's father's mother) was a Morgan...

But my surname is Soso-Vincent... yes yes it's double barrelled... mother's maiden name is Soso and sperm donor is a Vincent (but that's the Lucian side so I doh really check it)

LGN
    Credits
    MORGAN? Yuh feckin lie! yuh serious? And lemme know if yuh serious cuz my great grandmother (mother's father's mother) was a Morgan...

But my surname is Soso-Vincent... yes yes it's double barrelled... mother's maiden name is Soso and sperm donor is a Vincent (but that's the Lucian side so I doh really check it)
    Lawd Fadda. I ent lying. It Morgan.

The JaMô
    Lawd Fadda. I ent lying. It Morgan.
    Alyuh musse a different Morgan then...lol

LGN
    Credits
    Alyuh musse a different Morgan then...lol
    Neva! Come here distance relative

The JaMô
    Neva! Come here distance relative
    nah nah... lol... different Morgan dat... cuz my great granma was from the country side... I aint tink dem have links in Bequia...lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast