Thread: Vincentian Signs Major Deal In Canada

Credits

Vincentian Signs Major Deal In Canada

From Left to Right: Wayne; Beyonce’s father, Matthew Knowles; and Klasiq at the Canadian Music Week Conference 2005.

Staff Reporter 15.APR.05
    A Vincentian, Hansbe`Klasiq’ Bailey is being touted as Canada’s next hip-hop superstar following his signing a record deal with Kick Ass Records.

Klasiq, who hails from Calder, is currently in the studio putting his finishing touches to the songs that will be sure to top the charts very soon.

As a rapper during almost ten years, Klasiq has recorded with the likes of Kevin Lyttle, and has opened for Sean Paul, Beenie Man and Morgan Heritage. His credentials and past performances detail how truly talented this artist is. Klasiq’s music is of many described as at times happy, angry, raw, and most importantly, reflects life’s many realistic situations.

His record label says that “not only will his beats and melodies inspire the current hip-hop industry, but he is expected to be a major force in the culture of rap music all over the world.” The label lauds “his charismatic and smooth vocal stylings are sure to captivate those interested in Hip-Hop, especially Rap and R&B.”

The Kick Ass Music Group is a Canadian-based company with extreme promise. After the constant promotion and development of SUNI Clay, Canada’s current hip hop star, and working with Juno nominated producers, such as Marcus Kane and Bad Boy producer Lac-Keez-Shira, they have now linked with Hansbe Klasiq Bailey. Kick Ass Records is currently distributed by Universal Records and DEP, and is dedicated in the development of fresh urban talent for upcoming projects.

Credits
    VP I'm sorry but I live in Canada, have my whole life and other that Matthew Knowles, KL and Sean Paul, I have no idea who those so called hip hop artist are mentioned in that article.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy
    VP I'm sorry but I live in Canada, have my whole life and other that Matthew Knowles, KL and Sean Paul, I have no idea who those so called hip hop artist are mentioned in that article.
    OH ok, I guess you're not into the HIP HOP scene in Canada?????

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    OH ok, I guess you're not into the HIP HOP scene in Canada?????
    no I'm aware of the hip hop scene here in T.O maybe they're not from Toronto.

Credits
    wen i found out who he is...he'll have my support

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy
    no I'm aware of the hip hop scene here in T.O maybe they're not from Toronto.
    Rinababy, maybe this article and these links might help.

By the way, since you're into the HIP HOP scene in Canada, who some of the TOP acts in Canada?

SUNI CLAY WINS U.S.A. Songwriting Competition
    Kick *** Records
    “Canada’s Rising Rap Star!
    WINS “The World’s Leading songwriting competition”

Press Release

January 8, 2005

Ontario-based rapper/songwriter Trevor Walker AKA Suni Clay took home first prize in the rap category of the 2004 USA Songwriting Competition with his song "Lil’ Man". Suni Clay is the first Canadian rapper to win an International writing competition. With over 35, 000 applicants in 15 different categories the prize winners of the competition also came from Australia, Switzerland, Germany, Lebanon, Argentina, Iceland, Moldova, Japan and the United States. www.songwriting.net.

Winning songs of the 2004 competition will receive radio airplay on a nationally syndicated radio program serving over 60 cities in North America.

Entrants shared a grand prize of over $50,000 (US) in cash and merchandise as well as invaluable exposure. Past winners have received recording and publishing contracts, and also had their work placed on film and television.

Judges for the event included music reps from Warner/Reprise Records, Walt Disney Music Publishing, Sony Music, peer music, ASCAP and Tommy Boy Records.

Along with Music Connection, sponsors for the event included MARS Music Superstores, Berklee Press, Mackie, Guild Guitars, D'Addario Strings, Electronic Musician, Digitech, Line 6, Kurzweil, Peavey, Gavin, ASN, Tascam, Vibe, Blaze and SPIN magazine.

Since the release of his “THROW IT UP” video in 2002, SUNI CLAY has kept quiet while preparing for his new project “SUNRISE” and subsequently signing a record deal with KICK *** RECORDS. “THROW IT UP” directed by Rob Elsworthy continues to receive play on MuchVIBE

SUNRISE, produced by Marcus Kane ( Urban Music Association of Canada Award Winner Producer of the Year 2004) and Lac “Keez” Sihra” Candian producer who has lived in Brooklyn For last 10 years and has a production deal with Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs, Richard “Rude” Canadian Juno Award Winning platinum producer, Motoe from Vancouver, Colin Munroe and Suni Clay produced one track on his own “Money”, funny it rhymes with Suni, as well as co-producing the spiritual song “Psalm 23” with Keez. The album is expected to be released March 22nd 2005 on the KICK *** RECORD label, distributed by DEP/UNIVERSAL.

SUNI CLAY will be touring Canada U.S. Caribbean and Europe extensively to promote his album well into 2005.

Prior to the release of SUNRISE, double-single “MY HOOD” /“I’m Out” with 2 hip-hop and r&b bonus tracks entitled “Cowboy” featuring multi-platinum reggae artist, Snow, and Sunshyne was released to retail and radio in Canada late September 2004 as a prelude to the album and to create awareness of the artist. The single has remained Top 40 at retail and Top 20 at radio.

“Sunshyne” is on rotation on Mix 93 Lewisport, NF, Flow 93.5 Toronto, The Beat 91.5 Kitchener, Mix 97 Belleville, Hot 102 Jamaica, Max Trax Power Hits Calgary, Max Trax The Beat Calgary, Urban Galaxie, and The Beat Vancouver. “My Hood” is on rotation on Dred E. Maximum CIUT, the British Armed Forces Base in Medicine Hat, AB, and Zip FM Jamaica. The latest single “N.I.” has been pre-released to Flow 93.5 Toronto to rave reviews.

SUNI COMMENT

"I am very pleased to receive such recognition," said Suni. "I believe any chance we have to encourage others in the creative arts should be pounced upon. I wrote L’IL MAN when my creative juices were flowing…it all came to me!

Here is just a small list of this “SENSATIONAL KID’S” accomplishments….

New credits 2004

HMV –KickAss Records – DEP/Universal distribution

New Album “Sunrise” spring release

Juno nominations (3) – Best new artist, Best rap recording, Best video

USA Songwriting Competition 1st place “Winner” rap category, first time awarded to a non-American

International charting – Russia, Sweden, Caribbean, Canada

Cover of New York Magazine and article in Street’s Mos’ distributed to 30 States and Canada.

Upcoming article in Source Magazine - Number 1 hip hop magazine in U.S.

Radio Play – Sunshyne Top 20, Top 40 retail

“N I” Track – Flow 93.5 pre- release in high rotation.

Suni Clay is available for songwriting and production collaborations, live or phone-in interviews, drops, performances for concerts, television, newspaper, magazine and website articles and music reviews.

BONAFIDE ENTERTAINMENT
    Tanya Dennis
    416-627-5496
    tanya.dennis@sympatico.ca

www.sonicbids.com/bonafideentertainment

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE.

KICK *** RECORDS

300 John St. Suite 308 Thornhill, ON L3T 5W4 Cell-416.821-9613 Office-905-731-1111 x 228 Fax-905.731.6860 Rena Malkah, C.E.O rmalkah@primus.ca

http://www.theorchard.com/artists/in...rtist_id=50156

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Lowdown/20...22/726280.html