Thread: VINCENT FROM XTATIK

Credits

VINCENT FROM XTATIK

http://www.guardian.co.tt/entertain3.html

I want a break says Rivers

By Peter Ray Blood

Vincent Rivers, new musical director of Roots, said yesterday he decided to leave soca band Xtatik last year. In an interview, Rivers said the brotherhood in the band broke down.

He said: "There was a whole lot of different things, especially in the area of communication.

"There was a breakdown in communication, including things like Machel's recording contract in the United Kingdom.
    "I was kept out of the loop in the decision-making, and this led to a lot of speculation, with people asking me questions I had no answers for.

Rivers said he made his decision to leave Xtatik since 2001.

"The opportunity then arose to prove to the public that Xtatik could exist without Machel," he said.

"We grasped that opportunity and made it work. I had the responsibility of working with Peter C, Roger and the other guys and I think we did a good job.

"What really really made me stay with Xtatik was the people.

"The public really loved that band, but people used to complain to me about attitude problems displayed by members of the band.

"When we performed at the first party without Machel, at The Paddock in the Savannah, people were standing with their hands folded just watching us...it was real pressure.

"But, eventually people realised the quality of the music and performance of Xtatik remained tops without Machel, and the public gradually came around to give us the same level of love and support."

Rivers said the Xtatik management had decided to embark on a sabbatical after Carnival.

He said: "After our last gig in New York on March 14, we were supposed to return home and do a retreat on the property in Toco.

"Based on information I was given then, we were going to experiment with new music and other stuff. I didn't like the concept.

"Around that time, and even before that, the whole of Xtatik broke down.

"Machel said he was getting bored with soca music...the same thing over and over...same crowd, hands in the air, instructions, etc.

"Machel wanted to take the music to a different level. I didn't really agree with that as I feel that fans remain faithful, regardless of what you do.

"Just look at the NBA; it's the same thing year in year out, and the fans always come out to support."

Rivers said stagnation was another reason for the band's demise.

"Today, Xtatik cannot be the same way Pranasonic Express was years ago," he said.

"Back then we were little boys, tinkering with the music, experimenting and building a base. But today, we have grown.

"We are big men with every one of us having responsibilities as adults."

Rivers said one of biggest peeves and reason for disenchantment as a member of Xtatik was Machel's attitude to band members.

"No one is perfect and a man might have a shortcoming," he said.

"But no one should put him down to the point of making him feel he is the worst thing on earth."

Credits

RE: VINCENT FROM XTATIK

After all this time now these words. Hmmm

Credits

back off execx(

Credits

watch de talk now... because yuh know nobody can say anything bad about him.......

MIAMI MEET AND GREET
    JUNE 8TH 2002
    CAFE MED OF SOUTH BEACH,
    6:30 PM UNTIL
    DRINK SPECIALS ALL NIGHT LONG

Credits

Even with this knowledge of how Machel feels about the music and his fans they will still love him.

Credits

Ah sorry that this is what my band has come to. On Machal's part, I could understand that he's tired of doing the same thing over and over.How many years has Xtatik been in the business? What the rest of the band maybe needed to understand is that you couldn't keep on producing the same type ah music year in and year out and expect that the crowd eventually wouldn't get tired cause the only thing constant in life is indeed change. To me, Machal has always had the mind of a true true businessman and because of this he will always be a major contender on the soca scene. (kinda like a Sparrow, Stalin, Shadow etc.) Think about this comparison, Michael Jackson's father and how he use to treat his sons. I wonder if Joe Jackson didn't push his children to be as perfect in their performances would they have been the success that they were? As far as the attitudes and making people feel that they are less than the men they are, that is plain out wrong and that I guess was the real downfall. Sad.
    GA

Brooklyn USA currently livin in boring ATL
    Credits

I agree with sokah. People will still love Machel whether or not he change his style.

Credits

RE: A Few Hours Is Enough

Credits

I believe most if not all of it... 1 after 1 people leaving Xtatic.

making a movement in life.

l. R