Credits

venus doing it...

de girl fighting...

1 2 3 4 Player Sets
    0 6 - - M Pierce 0 - -
    6 7 - - V Williams 2 -

dev
    Credits
    Venus Williams served warning that Grand Slam success is back on the Williams agenda when she powered into the Wimbledon semi-finals with a Centre Court defeat of Mary Pierce.

The former world number one demonstrated the type of form which brought her back-to-back Wimbledon singles titles in 2000 and 2001, defeating Pierce 6-0 7-6 in one hour and 29 minutes.

Williams is noted for her erratic shot-making, but on Tuesday her game could not have been more precise as she took this year's French runner-up apart in the first set.

It was always going to be a struggle for Pierce after she gifted her first service game to Williams with a rash double fault.

After that the first set was a blur of Williams brilliance, the weight of her serving and the composure and control of her shots too good for Pierce.

To her credit Pierce attempted to halt the humiliation in the second set and she finally troubled the scoreboard when she won the second game on her own serve, bringing a huge cheer from the crowd and a big smile to her face.

Pierce, who has been enjoying a rejuvenation recently since struggling after winning the Australian Open in 1995 and the French Open in 2000, at last was matching the power of Williams with some big shots of her own.

And while she could find no way to threaten the Williams serve the second set went to a dramatic tie-break.

Suddenly, Pierce was playing her best tennis of the match, gaining five set points with a flurry of brilliant backhand winners.

Unfortunately, she was unable to force home her advantage and when a wild backhand went long Williams took the breaker 12-10 and a place in the semi-finals.

"That tie-break was unbelievable," Williams said. "She kept hitting winners but somehow I stayed in there."

VENUS RISING...

NOW CARRY ON.

Satisfaction Facilitator Terryfabulous's Avatar Terryfabulous is offline
    Credits
    saw a few of her first round games...her game isn't that on to me...don't know what's up wiht my girls....

dev
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryfabulous
    saw a few of her first round games...her game isn't that on to me...don't know what's up wiht my girls....

since the patents divorce their game has slipped,plus dem older now and more tings to think about..like how to spend 40 million dollars .

elq
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryfabulous
    too much white sea men
    dem ain hungry no more.

Moi
    Credits

yeaa

i watched de match today..it was good to see her showin some emotion while she playin..

glad dat she won