Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using an unknow wireless connection....

Credits

Question Using an unknow wireless connection....

I was taught in college that using an unknown wireless connection for ur laptop or PC is illigal since you have no permission from the distributor. Also they can hack into ur computer if they have the know how (not that hard even with a firewall) .

Is this true? and how much of all ya does do it?

elq
    Credits
    Active Theft

Contrary to the common understanding of cable theft - that it involves only the theft of cable television services - cable theft also includes:

Broadband Internet abuse

Uncapping of Modems – The vast majority of broadband Internet users do not need more bandwidth than is provided by most cable operators as part of standard residential subscriptions. Some dishonest users though will they hack into their modem and uncap their bandwidth limits. Some people uncap their own modems, and others who do not possess the necessary skills receive assistance from others who do. Individuals who uncap their modems and steal excessive bandwidth slow down their neighbors transmission rates.

WiFi Theft – WiFi theft occurs when someone installs a wireless network in a residence or business location and intentionally enables others to receive broadband service for free over their wireless network.

Wireless networking is a great product, but when using a wireless network subscribers should always secure their home networks from unauthorized users. Unsecured wireless networks allow others to access a subscriber's network and potentially see all of the subscriber's personal files, allow potential criminals and terrorists to send untraceable communications or allow an individual to download illegal materials, such as copyrighted or obscene material that would lead back to the subscribers modem.

Taj
    Credits
    Comes like breathing to me.....once I see that unsecured network on my list. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trini2DeBone
    I was taught in college that using an unknown wireless connection for ur laptop or PC is illigal since you have no permission from the distributor. Also they can hack into ur computer if they have the know how (not that hard even with a firewall) .

I've set it up for someone because the people who live upstairs have wireless and ahven't bothered to secure it. They (the person I set it up for) don't have anything on their machine that's really private though.
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!

Credits
    I used to use the wireless connection from my landlord, but like they find meh out..LOL So I went and get meh own wireless thingie. When the cable company came in they secured mine, so now when I adding anybody to mine I gotta go through a set of thing I got written down in a book dey LOL

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by joujou
    I've set it up for someone because the people who live upstairs have wireless and ahven't bothered to secure it. They (the person I set it up for) don't have anything on their machine that's really private though.
    And I think that's the thing. people need to secure there wireless setup so no one can get access. I got a WEP on mine and if you don't know it, you can't get access.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by elq
    Active Theft

Contrary to the common understanding of cable theft - that it involves only the theft of cable television services - cable theft also includes:

Broadband Internet abuse

Uncapping of Modems – The vast majority of broadband Internet users do not need more bandwidth than is provided by most cable operators as part of standard residential subscriptions. Some dishonest users though will they hack into their modem and uncap their bandwidth limits. Some people uncap their own modems, and others who do not possess the necessary skills receive assistance from others who do. Individuals who uncap their modems and steal excessive bandwidth slow down their neighbors transmission rates.

WiFi Theft – WiFi theft occurs when someone installs a wireless network in a residence or business location and intentionally enables others to receive broadband service for free over their wireless network.

Wireless networking is a great product, but when using a wireless network subscribers should always secure their home networks from unauthorized users. Unsecured wireless networks allow others to access a subscriber's network and potentially see all of the subscriber's personal files, allow potential criminals and terrorists to send untraceable communications or allow an individual to download illegal materials, such as copyrighted or obscene material that would lead back to the subscribers modem.
    In short, no...it's NOT illegal.

Is it safe...nope, because yes...if they have the know-how they can access your stuff.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark
    ...if they have the know-how they can access your stuff.
    seen a hacker crack that Verizon security in a couple key strokes..

Credits
    That's why you keep your good pron files on flash disk and access your online banking only from behind de bunkers at work.

Credits
    That's why you keep your good pron files on flash disk and access your online banking only from behind de bunkers at work.
    Amen! dats what i do and my network at home is secured

elq
    Credits
    In short, no...it's NOT illegal.

Is it safe...nope, because yes...if they have the know-how they can access your stuff.
    http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/08/tech...ex.htm?cnn=yes

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trini2DeBone

was this post inspired by me? And ha ha its not illegal.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbushgtcutie
    u lucky it should have been. I would have turned u in 4 money

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbushgtcutie
    wait and how r u online again??? Arn't u suppose 2 be at work??? Damn can someone say addiction

Credits
    So...

Possibly illegal in California and Florida....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast