Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Usain Bolt's Arrogance Will Become His Achilles Heel...

MJ7
    Credits

Unhappy Usain Bolt's Arrogance Will Become His Achilles Heel...

Although I think that Usain Bolt is one of the best things to happen to the world of track & field in a long time; what really disturbs me is his arrogance.

I appreciate a bold, confident man, but I also have more respect for a man who understands humility.

He makes me think of Muhammad Ali who had that type of confidence, but he was also funny with it.

Bolt is just too cocky.

My mother always say that if you get too high for yourself; something inevitably will bring you down.

Bolt is fast on the field but I'd be more impressed to see him flourish as a person.

Get your copy!!! A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman is now available at: https://www.createspace.com/3739335 and Amazon.com. Come check out my blog: The Uppity Sistah! at: http://theuppitysistah.blogspot.com/

Credits
    The guy isn't arrogant. He's just goofy.

Credits
    i said that last night, everything u said, browni got vex but u hit everything spot on.

he is flying too close to the sun
    MJ7 likes this.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    In the meantime, get your tees!

Jamaica : wiCulture
    Conscious, Nica, MJ7 and 2 others like this.
    West Indian T-shirts & More: www.wiCulture.com
    Like it on Facebook: facebook.com/wiculturetees

DSP
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    The guy isn't arrogant. He's just goofy.
    lol I actually agree with this. I don't find him arrogant at all. I just think he's going an extra mile to be an entertainer.
    Professor Abughani likes this.

Credits
    I liken Usain Bolt to Muhammed Ali, Ali had real chats in he mouth but he could of backed up his chats, same wid Bolt if you running off your mouth be able to back it up. I think Bolt just blasting the people who doubted him, who thought blake would out shine him.
    Do unto others before they do unto you.

MJ7
    Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    i said that last night, everything u said, browni got vex but u hit everything spot on.

he is flying too close to the sun
    Love the sunshine...but get too close and it will incinerate ya.
    Get your copy!!! A Journey Into The Mind of a Black Woman is now available at: https://www.createspace.com/3739335 and Amazon.com. Come check out my blog: The Uppity Sistah! at: http://theuppitysistah.blogspot.com/

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    I liken Usain Bolt to Muhammed Ali, Ali had real chats in he mouth but he could of backed up his chats, same wid Bolt if you running off your mouth be able to back it up. I think Bolt just blasting the people who doubted him, who thought blake would out shine him.
    no I am not saying that he cant prove himself, but the same people who praise u and build u up will be the same to chew u and spit u out.

I just noticed a marked increase in his ego over this games and this never reads well.
    str8_talk likes this.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious saga View Post
    i agree, and regardless of what people think i dont think he has crossed the line of being annoyingly arrogant yet. hes just really funny and confident just like most west indian men
    ladyrastafari likes this.

Credits
    I also cringe when i hear the "i am a legend" spew but his talent speaks louder than his words.

Credits
    when you have a known druggie like Carl Lewis trying to cast aspersions on your abilities and suggesting that you are a druggie of his ilk... you might get arrogant too.... all of it is high camera antics... before that sort of race being watched by millions.. you psyche yourself up and your "Arrogance" is your ability to believe in yourself and get into the frame of mind to win races.... afterward in his interviews he was very humble and thanked everybody who helped him and the jamaican team to reach their goals...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post

Although I think that Usain Bolt is one of the best things to happen to the world of track & field in a long time; what really disturbs me is his arrogance.

I appreciate a bold, confident man, but I also have more respect for a man who understands humility.

He makes me think of Muhammad Ali who had that type of confidence, but he was also funny with it.

Bolt is just too cocky.

My mother always say that if you get too high for yourself; something inevitably will bring you down.

Bolt is fast on the field but I'd be more impressed to see him flourish as a person.

Does your Jamaican Husband agree with you?
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    I find him a bit to arrogant too... but that scene when he was being interviewed and another country was up on the podium receiving their medal and that countries national anthem was being played so he asked the interviewer to pause for a second so he could pay respects or whatever... that there showed me he does have a humble and respectful side to him as well and is not at all selfish
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    the "I AM A LEGEND" thing was a bit off, but say what at least he eh get to Kanye West level yet.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

MJ7
    Credits

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    no I am not saying that he cant prove himself, but the same people who praise u and build u up will be the same to chew u and spit u out.

I just noticed a marked increase in his ego over this games and this never reads well.
    Me too.

He better be careful...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast