Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it true that (black) women see blue collar as joe grind only?

Credits

Is it true that (black) women see blue collar as joe grind only?

Originally Posted by swugee don
    AND FI DI WOMAN DEM WEH SEH BOOPS DOLLAS,ISNT IT ALWAYS DI SHOTTA OR 9 TU 5 BLUE COLLAR GUY WEH YUH HAVE PON DI SIDE AH F U C K OWT YUH SOUL DI ONE YUH REALLY HAPPY WID? AND WEN BOOPSIE DISIDE SEH HIM NUH WAAN RENT TUH OWN AGAIN,HIM WAAN FINANCE SOMTIN NEW.... NUH JOE GRIND YUH FALL BACK PON?

AND BIG UP DI MON DEM WEH CYAN PROVIDE BOTH.....
    ... caan lie that sounds BEAUTIFUL!

lol

Um, why is the 9-5 blue collar guy assumed to be the one ON THE SIDE? Do people (MEN) really believe no woman is interested in dating men with blue collar jobs?

Considering another post by another male boardie who pointed out the educated black women who complain about not having black men on their level to date are overlooking the blue collar type guys when fact is (according to that boardie), most black men do not work white collar jobs, they work blue collar jobs, so these educated women are going to have trouble finding this guy that's an economic equivalent to them...

Do we really think a lot of black women only see blue collar types as joe grind material? And why? Aren't there blue collar jobs that allow a man to pay his bills and still afford to treat his girl nicely...certainly nicer than the white collar guy those complainers can't even find, or can't get to commit, who might have all the money in the world but sure ain't spending it on the same complainers...

Credits
    Hmmmmmm....

Do agree, or disagree with ideas presented?
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    ... caan lie that sounds BEAUTIFUL!

lol

Um, why is the 9-5 blue collar guy assumed to be the one ON THE SIDE? Do people (MEN) really believe no woman is interested in dating men with blue collar jobs?

Considering another post by another male boardie who pointed out the educated black women who complain about not having black men on their level to date are overlooking the blue collar type guys when fact is (according to that boardie), most black men do not work white collar jobs, they work blue collar jobs, so these educated women are going to have trouble finding this guy that's an economic equivalent to them...

Do we really think a lot of black women only see blue collar types as joe grind material? And why? Aren't there blue collar jobs that allow a man to pay his bills and still afford to treat his girl nicely...certainly nicer than the white collar guy those complainers can't even find, or can't get to commit, who might have all the money in the world but sure ain't spending it on the same complainers...
    I don't think black educated women are immune to the trappings of social climbing. When she's in the company of other successful (white collar) friends and colleagues, she might feel awkward talking about her husband/SO the plumber/bus driver/HVAC/trash collector/landscaper/construction work/etc. while the others are talking about hubby/SO the doctor/attorney/bank president/etc.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    I need to brush up on meh Jamaican.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    I don't think black educated women are immune to the trappings of social climbing. When she's in the company of other successful (white collar) friends and colleagues, she might feel awkward talking about her husband/SO the plumber/bus driver/HVAC/trash collector/landscaper/construction work/etc. while the others are talking about hubby/SO the doctor/attorney/bank president/etc.
    Funny that men don't feel awkward talking about their clerk/receptionist/cashier/housewife.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    Funny that men don't feel awkward talking about their clerk/receptionist/cashier/housewife.
    True.

But it's expected that a woman's job is 1. less demanding (it would be surprising to see a female construction worker, plumber...). Especially less physically demanding. and 2. less in terms of income.

I just wondered if the men feel like black women in general, or perhaps the educated black women in particular, tend to only see blue collar men as joe grind material?

Credits
    If you talking bout successful men, then no they don't. More than likely it's about her looks/body. She can be dumb as a door knob, so long as she "HOT" then the rest don't matter.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post

My issue with thes discussions are that most of the points raised are not truly definitive. As, u can show me an example of ur point...I can also show u an example of my point. Only ting is that is definitive is that both exist. Something also to look at is the national average salary is $43,000...from these discussions/experience/observation, it doesn't seem far-fetched to say most of the women that are concerned with a man's earnings potential or social standing...Are women that earn $30 to $60,000 annually, just below or above the national average. Is the scrutiny, actually because women are failing to meet their own expectations...and therefore need a man equal or better, to compensate for their own inadequacies?

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus_Supreme View Post
    Hmmmmmm....

Do agree, or disagree with ideas presented?
    I never had a complaint with finding black men. Finding Jamaicans yes, black men no. But then again I didn't really have a requirement that they must be online with me EXACTLY...i just required some sign of ambition. As in yes I have a degree, but if you don't also, then be in school for something worthwhile (not art theory or some b.s., and in school includes trade school, cause trades don't bother me, I like men who are good with their hands anyway), be in the military, or be in some type of supervisory position at this point in your life if you went straight to work out of high school and didn't look back (that would include running the family business).

This assumes they are my age and above. There are mature, focused guys who are younger and for obvious reasons wouldn't have reached x point yet. But, as a high school graduate you would still be along one of the above paths if you intend to make a meaningful life for yourself.

The bag of aspiring rappers and the drug dealers...no futures there. Big gamble on the rappers. I find it hard to be more than friends with entertainment types...their life is conducive to a lot of foolishness.

I need to brush up on meh Jamaican.
    ROFL

Posted by swugee don
    AND FI DI WOMAN DEM WEH SEH BOOPS DOLLAS,ISNT IT ALWAYS DI SHOTTA OR 9 TU 5 BLUE COLLAR GUY WEH YUH HAVE PON DI SIDE AH F U C K OWT YUH SOUL DI ONE YUH REALLY HAPPY WID? AND WEN BOOPSIE DISIDE SEH HIM NUH WAAN RENT TUH OWN AGAIN,HIM WAAN FINANCE SOMTIN NEW.... NUH JOE GRIND YUH FALL BACK PON?

AND BIG UP DI MON DEM WEH CYAN PROVIDE BOTH.....

translation:

And for the women who prefer men with money/sugar daddies, isn't it always the thug or the 9 to 5 blue collar guy that you have on the side f*cking the life out of you the one you're truly happy with? And when the money guy decides he's tired of your and gets a new girl...don't you end up relying on the guy you had on the side?

and props/respect to the men who can provide both [money and happiness to their woman]

There you go steupz!

Credits
    Steups,
    I know many educated, professional black women who are dating/married to bus drivers, construction workers, cable guys and unemployed men. This idea that somehow black women are any different than any other group of women is getting annoying.

Credits
    translation:

And for the women who prefer men with money/sugar daddies, isn't it always the thug or the 9 to 5 blue collar guy that you have on the side f*cking the life out of you the one you're truly happy with? And when the money guy decides he's tired of your and gets a new girl...don't you end up relying on the guy you had on the side?

and props/respect to the men who can provide both [money and happiness to their woman]

There you go steupz!
    Lawd Hammercy, thanks.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy View Post
    Steups,
    I know many educated, professional black women who are dating/married to bus drivers, construction workers, cable guys and unemployed men. This idea that somehow black women are any different than any other group of women is getting annoying.

cool...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy View Post
    Many?

Because the stats suggest black women aren't married in great numbers, so why would educated black women be?

And what's dating, really? Is that like a relationship?
    Cause if it's just a date or two; then yeah, you lot do it for fun. Probably makes a good story in the gym or something.

Credits
    I just required some sign of ambition. Be in some type of supervisory position at this point in your life if you went straight to work out of high school and didn't look back (that would include running the family business).This assumes they are my age and above. T

Would being a Supervisor at Starbucks, meet ur ambition standard....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus_Supreme View Post

My issue with thes discussions are that most of the points raised are not truly definitive. As, u can show me an example of ur point...I can also show u an example of my point. Only ting is that is definitive is that both exist. Something also to look at is the national average salary is $43,000...from these discussions/experience/observation, it doesn't seem far-fetched to say most of the women that are concerned with a man's earnings potential or social standing...Are women that earn $30 to $60,000 annually, just below or above the national average. Is the scrutiny, actually because women are failing to meet their own expectations...and therefore need a man equal or better, to compensate for their own inadequacies?
    Nah it's just tradition coming into a clash with the reality of who makes what today.

Men usually earn more than women, and overall still do.

Men don't care about money cause tradition for thousands of years expected them to provide it, not receive it, so they care about things connected to fertility and signs of good health, good breeding, such as looks, body, and manners.

Women for years get a husband that is on level with them or better. With black women this is an issue because overall prejudice leaves black men at the bottom of every totem pole (except maybe their rep where sex is concerned), so if they want to still be with black men, it's harder for them to find equal or better the higher they climb socio-economically.

My thing is, it is NOT a given that a blue collar guy cannot afford a woman...cause construction workers make good money, cops make good money, a plumber makes money his job is just nasty...lol I'd be concerned about him fingering me even after his hands are washed.

Would a woman take an unemployed doctor or lawyer over an employed constuction foreman, just to say she's dating a doctor/lawyer?

I find that hard to believe, but swugee don's quote seemed to assume this is how women tend to treat the blue collar guys...as side material only while they show off the money man in public.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast