Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trinis...Soca Warriors...name change?

Credits

Trinis...Soca Warriors...name change?

I dont know if this post already..as I couldn't find it by searching....so all of you that say this post arready...haul allyuh modda cowfoot!....nehow..now that that is off meh chest....

Im listening to Red 96.7 FM and they having a discussion about dis dotish man Randy.......... I dont know the last name.....but he has decided now that the name Soca Warriors for our Trinidad and Tobago national soccer team should be...the CHUTNEY Soca Warriors...implying that the name Soca Warriors does not include all of Trinidad's East Indian population.....HELLO dosen't the name SOCA do enough to cover both East Indians and African AND Chinee AND Amerindians AND d Spanish AND every blasted body else that live in Trinidad and Tobago enjoy soca together????? He says that putting the name CHUTNEY in there now would help on a larger European scene!!!.....WTF dis man talkin about??...When the boyz go to Europe..ent the ppl going to call them Trinidad and Tobago against.....WHOEVER ELSE COUNTRY THEY PLAYIN???? This older generation know how to stir up some nonsense..it have so much blasted dougla an mix up ppl in Trini and dem studyin stupiness like this...when trini party together everyone does party together...african/indian/chinee/syrian/spanish/whitewho else ah missin?

Seriously Randy....NEWAYZ I feel that besides providing something else to stupidly cause confusion in this twin island republic they should be doing some more constructive thinking about what to do about crime and drugs....wat allyuh tink bout this nonsense?? ...yes i know its an essay...but i find this is dotishness....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by limintrinibwoy20
    I dont know if this post already..as I couldn't find it by searching....so all of you that say this post arready...haul allyuh modda cowfoot!....nehow..now that that is off meh chest....

Im listening to Red 96.7 FM and they having a discussion about dis dotish man Randy.......... I dont know the last name.....but he has decided now that the name Soca Warriors for our Trinidad and Tobago national soccer team should be...the CHUTNEY Soca Warriors...implying that the name Soca Warriors does not include all of Trinidad's East Indian population.....HELLO dosen't the name SOCA do enough to cover both East Indians and African AND Chinee AND Amerindians AND d Spanish AND every blasted body else that live in Trinidad and Tobago enjoy soca together????? He says that putting the name CHUTNEY in there now would help on a larger European scene!!!.....WTF dis man talkin about??...When the boyz go to Europe..ent the ppl going to call them Trinidad and Tobago against.....WHOEVER ELSE COUNTRY THEY PLAYIN???? This older generation know how to stir up some nonsense..it have so much blasted dougla an mix up ppl in Trini and dem studyin stupiness like this...when trini party together everyone does party together...african/indian/chinee/syrian/spanish/whitewho else ah missin?

Seriously Randy....NEWAYZ I feel that besides providing something else to stupidly cause confusion in this twin island republic they should be doing some more constructive thinking about what to do about crime and drugs....wat allyuh tink bout this nonsense?? ...yes i know its an essay...but i find this is dotishness....

Credits
    Why he dont go and grate up some mango and he piggy and mango some mango-piggy chutney.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilzman
    Why he dont go and grate up some mango and he piggy and mago some mango-piggy chutney.

It is too early in the morning for dem kinna talks

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilzman
    Why he dont go and grate up some mango and he piggy and mango some mango-piggy chutney.

.... lawd yuh go kill meh ded arready dis early mawnin!

Credits
    I agree with him with one exception

they should be called the

Parang Chutney Soca Warriors
    Live your Life!
    www.REVELLERSinc.com

LGN
    Credits
    Why not Soca-Chutney Warriors?

On a point of intellectual curiosity, why not Soca-Chutney Warriors instead of "Soca Warriors"?
    "Here every creed and race finds an equal place." Am I correct? It does not matter that there are no Indians on the national football team: that is quite irrelevant. That is so because there no Indians skilfully worthy of playing football at this level and by extension being able to make the World Cup squad. But to sell us to the world by using a term which expresses only part of our culture is abominable.
    How would the USA name their team and sell it to the world under similar circumstances? "Rock Warriors?" "Hip Hop Warriors?" "Jazz Warriors?" "Pop Warriors?" Or would they find an all-inclusive name which expresses their diversity of its white, black, Asian, Hispanic population?
    In South Africa, there has been something called "affirmative action" which, simply put, was designed to give blacks their rightful position/place in the society. Hence, the rise of Black fast bowler Ntini and others on the cricket team, thereby transforming an exclusively white team into something more akin to the real South Africa.
    It is quite the opposite with cricket in T&T: there are more Indians on the national team at the moment and even the captain Daren Ganga is Indian. Are we to call them "Chutney Cricketers"? Even the WI cricket team are led by two Indians Shiv Chanderpaul and Ramnaresh Sarwan. Chutney cricketers?

Anil Mahabir
    Cunupia
    Trinidad Express Newspapers.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadadlian Defoe
    Why not Soca-Chutney Warriors?
    It is quite the opposite with cricket in T&T: there are more Indians on the national team at the moment and even the captain Daren Ganga is Indian. Are we to call them "Chutney Cricketers"? Even the WI cricket team are led by two Indians Shiv Chanderpaul and Ramnaresh Sarwan. Chutney cricketers?.
    The selection process behind Trinidad's youth cricket system is who father brings more curry duck and rum for the coaches.Trust me.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DADDY MAGYVER

Lol. Why you guys doing this to me!

Credits

What about Rapso Extempo Parang Chutney Soca Warriors. I think that sounds even better....nice ring to it.

Credits
    with all the violence i am not feeling the warrior bit either

i don't think the team should be allowed to travel 'til this issue is sorted out
    fresh, fast, fronted and forward

Credits

Credits

Like allyuh forget it have Birchell on de team......so it go be FISH & CHIPS PARANG CHUTNEY SOCA WARRIORS.....and they bringing ah dutch man too so we hafta include he just now

Credits
    Is wha shite I reading here?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniBob
    Like allyuh forget it have Birchell on de team......so it go be FISH & CHIPS PARANG CHUTNEY SOCA WARRIORS.....and they bringing ah dutch man too so we hafta include he just now
    Clogs Fish & Chips Parang Chutney Soca Warriors?

Red Light District of Amsterdam Fish & Chips Parang Chutney Soca Warriors?

Legal Weed Smoking Cafe Fish & Chips Parang Chutney Soca Warriors?

Polders and Dykes(not the lesbian) Fish & Chip Parang Chutney Soca Warriors?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast