Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trinidadian Pentecostal Preacher says "Hang Them High"

Credits

Trinidadian Pentecostal Preacher says "Hang Them High"

I dont go to church, but I would gladly join his congregation. Fack Amnesty International and the rest of liberals who does be protecting these criminals while innocent people get murdered.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news1.html

Hang Them High

BY KAYODE JAMES
    A Pentecostal preacher is calling for the immediate execution of every murderer on death row, as a possible deterrent to rising crime levels.

The call came yesterday, in response to the execution of WPC Elizabeth Sutherland, two members of her family, and a friend at her Morvant home on Monday night.

Speaking at Sutherland’s funeral at Curepe Pentecostal Church, Pastor Ethelbert Charles cited executions and corporal punishment as the first step in a return to the rule of law.

“We say today, that every murderer must be hanged. Death row must be emptied out,” said Charles, to loud cheers and applause from the congregation.

“Bring back the cat-o-nine tails in their tail.”

Charles dismissed the efforts of human rights organisations like Amnesty International in favour of what he referred to as “the divine rights of God.”

“It’s time to stop playing and get serious.”

Charles called for the inculcation of moral and spiritual values into young people by a reintroduction of corporal punishment in schools.

Charles said he believed that Sutherland’s death was ushering in a new era in T&T.

He asked Junior Security Minister Fitzgerald Hinds, who attended the funeral, to deliver a message to Parliament on behalf of the church.

“Enough is enough. Something has to be done about crime.”

Charles said he had followed Hinds’ career, and considered him a man of integrity. He said the country needed more men like Hinds in leadership roles.

Later in his sermon, Charles encouraged the scores of police officers present to put their trust in Christ.

“No matter what your persuasion, if you put your trust in Him, you, too, can be like Liz,” he said.

The funeral attracted several busloads of police officers, who stood under tents outside the modest Curepe church.

Among those in attendance were Police Commissioner Trevor Paul and Defence Force Chief of Staff Brig Ancil Antoine.

Sutherland was buried in Tunapuna Cemetery, alongside her husband Ivan and daughter Anika.

She was described by fellow officer, Senior Supt Denoon, as a simple and wonderful woman with a very big heart who gave her best in everything she did.

She proudly and eagerly chose her profession, he said, because of a deep desire to make Trinidad and Tobago a better place.

“Her dying, like her living, was significant and true,” he said.
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    hang dem yes...if d criminals eh fraid ah jail...leh deh fraid dey creator...

Credits
    I long say hang dem.

Barbados my home no matter where ever I go
    Credits
    I totally agree!

I mean, is this not the reason why crime is so rife all over the world? The systems that which should be protecting the innocent and LAW-ABIDING citizens are actually protecting the law breaker. Those criminals know that they go on death row (get some free shelter, food and warmth) and battle the case for a few years, just to prolong their life. If the systems hung them straight away, then the other criminals will know that its not no mickey mouse ting being run - its the REAL DEATH.

Life for life. Thats what I say.

NB: do they show the show "Ross Kemp on Gangs" over there? This guy goes around the world, gaining access to the worlds most prolific gangs (finds out their workings, why they do what they do, etc) and the majority of them are the result of plain lawlessness (don't know if thats a word). Where the gangs run the streets and the police are quite powerless to do anything because they are outnumbered.

Credits
    dey kill you kil dem too un finish.

Credits
    ha la lu yah!

*praise the lord*

*does running man*

Credits
    Agreed!
    Either hang dem or

Quote Originally Posted by Phœnix 7.6(N) View Post
    I dont go to church, but I would gladly join his congregation. Fack Amnesty International and the rest of liberals who does be protecting these criminals while innocent people get murdered.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news1.html

Hang Them High

BY KAYODE JAMES
    A Pentecostal preacher is calling for the immediate execution of every murderer on death row, as a possible deterrent to rising crime levels.

The call came yesterday, in response to the execution of WPC Elizabeth Sutherland, two members of her family, and a friend at her Morvant home on Monday night.

Speaking at Sutherland’s funeral at Curepe Pentecostal Church, Pastor Ethelbert Charles cited executions and corporal punishment as the first step in a return to the rule of law.

“We say today, that every murderer must be hanged. Death row must be emptied out,” said Charles, to loud cheers and applause from the congregation.

“Bring back the cat-o-nine tails in their tail.”

Charles dismissed the efforts of human rights organisations like Amnesty International in favour of what he referred to as “the divine rights of God.”

“It’s time to stop playing and get serious.”

Charles called for the inculcation of moral and spiritual values into young people by a reintroduction of corporal punishment in schools.

Charles said he believed that Sutherland’s death was ushering in a new era in T&T.

He asked Junior Security Minister Fitzgerald Hinds, who attended the funeral, to deliver a message to Parliament on behalf of the church.

“Enough is enough. Something has to be done about crime.”

Charles said he had followed Hinds’ career, and considered him a man of integrity. He said the country needed more men like Hinds in leadership roles.

Later in his sermon, Charles encouraged the scores of police officers present to put their trust in Christ.

“No matter what your persuasion, if you put your trust in Him, you, too, can be like Liz,” he said.

The funeral attracted several busloads of police officers, who stood under tents outside the modest Curepe church.

Among those in attendance were Police Commissioner Trevor Paul and Defence Force Chief of Staff Brig Ancil Antoine.

Sutherland was buried in Tunapuna Cemetery, alongside her husband Ivan and daughter Anika.

She was described by fellow officer, Senior Supt Denoon, as a simple and wonderful woman with a very big heart who gave her best in everything she did.

She proudly and eagerly chose her profession, he said, because of a deep desire to make Trinidad and Tobago a better place.

“Her dying, like her living, was significant and true,” he said.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SwEeTsOcAlAdY View Post
    I totally agree!

I mean, is this not the reason why crime is so rife all over the world? The systems that which should be protecting the innocent and LAW-ABIDING citizens are actually protecting the law breaker. Those criminals know that they go on death row (get some free shelter, food and warmth) and battle the case for a few years, just to prolong their life. If the systems hung them straight away, then the other criminals will know that its not no mickey mouse ting being run - its the REAL DEATH.

Life for life. Thats what I say.

NB: do they show the show "Ross Kemp on Gangs" over there? This guy goes around the world, gaining access to the worlds most prolific gangs (finds out their workings, why they do what they do, etc) and the majority of them are the result of plain lawlessness (don't know if thats a word). Where the gangs run the streets and the police are quite powerless to do anything because they are outnumbered.
    The reason why the favelas are that bad is because of police mercenary squads and deep levels of poverty.The goverment are not willing to give the poor people the resources they give other citizens.So the poor people haffi govern themselves.

They are tryin to keep their community clean and habitable.

-----------------

Also on a side note I doan tink di goverment should execute.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by limintrinibwoy View Post
    hang dem yes...if d criminals eh fraid ah jail...leh deh fraid dey creator...
    true true

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    When hanging was done in T&T people could've left their doors open. Now people are living with jail-like gates all over their homes. My cousin's shop got robbed quite a few times and I lost another cousin to a senseless killing last year while she was on her way home. I say hang them murderers the fack high!
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Toppa_Toppa
    He's saying Corporeal Punishment was out-lawed in schools but to my knowledge that isn't so. But anyway...hang dey so and so, oui. If they don't value other people'e lives we shouldn't value theirs either...if they can't show mercy, why should mercy be shown to them? I have no sympathy when it comes to cases like these...kill them.

Credits

Cool

I honestly don't think hanging them will deter crime. It almost never does, but I say hang tuh guilty none-the-less. It eh bout detering crime, its about punishment. Also include kidnappings in that as well. You kidnap - you die! Plain and simple, talk done!

Credits
    I feel the key to hanging is to do it immediately following the sentence...don't waste time at all, don't aloow them to think they will sit on death row for 10 or 15 years

Credits
    In the words of Denyse Plummer calypso...SWING DEM! FCUKIN HANG DEY MUDDA C*NT!
    Last edited by Mrs. Campbell; 01-29-2007 at 04:26 PM.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Fugitive View Post
    I feel the key to hanging is to do it immediately following the sentence...don't waste time at all, don't aloow them to think they will sit on death row for 10 or 15 years
    I would agree, but you've still got to administer proper justice. They must have time to appeal. What I suggest though is that the whole appeal process be longer than 2 years. So if yuh geh convicted today, d most yuh will have is two years to live.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast