Thread: TRINIDAD-wild wild west

dev
    Credits

TRINIDAD-wild wild west

dem shooting up de place..blood flowing like puncheon

THE SON of calypsonian Mark John, aka Contender, was felled by bullets yesterday during a shoot-out with members of a gang from an area known as “Resurrection” in Carenage.

Marcus John, the victim, was aged 24 and lived in Laventille.

Around noon yesterday, Marcus John and another man, Kevin Morris, of Seaview in Carenage, drove over to Resurrection, off Haig Street, Carenage.

No one could say why the two went there, but residents reported hearing several gunshots, and John was seen firing at a group of men who returned fire.

Police were unable to say if Morris was also firing shots.

Police said during the shoot-out, John and Morris ran to John’s green-coloured Nissan B14 Sentra car, but by that time, two gunmen approached them and fired even more shots, but this time at close range.

John was killed on the spot while Morris ran into some bushes off Haig Street and ran down a precipice.

The gunmen broke off their chase, and Morris was later picked up by police who took him to the St James Medical Complex, following which he was transferred to the Port of Spain General Hospital.

He remained there in stable condition up to press time last night.

Mark John, who was contacted by the Express yesterday afternoon, said, “Well, I heard he went to drop someone in Carenage and he was shot, but I really don’t know the story as I have not left home for the day.”

He said he is very distraught as Marcus was his first son, “so, of course, I am very upset about this. He’s my first son, but you know life have to go on”.

The murder toll stood at 372 up to press time last night. —Gyasi Gonzales

"What kind of mirror image do you have of yourself?"

"TAWK YUH TAWK, DOAN BODDER ME. TAWK DOAN BUY GROCERIES."

Credits
    Savages
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.

Credits
    Jamaica

Jamaica’s murder rate continues to climb
    Written By: Mello FM 88, 8-14-2012

The latest statistics released shows that Jamaica’s murder rate continues to climb, with more people being killed so far this year, compared to the same period in 2011.

The police report that the number of murders committed for the first seven months of this year is thirteen more than the corresponding period last year.

The total number recorded up to the end of July was 643.

However despite the general increase in murders, police say there are signs that their crime fighting initiatives have been reaping success.

To support their point, they are reporting that July was more peaceful this time round than it was last year.

A total of 87 people were murdered last month; reflecting a comparative decrease of 16%.

Police records show that the murder figures for the month of July have been fluctuating for the last four years.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Note Ja's murder toll was already 643 all the way back in July of this year while T&T's toll is currently 372 in December.
    I am sure that Ja's current murder toll has already crossed 1000 if we were to add in the murders committed their between July and now.

So in summary we all have our crime problems to deal with so no one is much better off than the other between T&T and Jamaica in that department.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post

Note Ja's murder toll was already 643 all the way back in July
    Only superheroes and walkers should live there.

NaturalBornRidah
    Not to downplay anyone, but the only reason there was a high murder rate in Guyana for a period of time was for political purposes. The prison breaks,phantom crews, and many of police defecting to turn into bandits,was all a cause and affect but mainly politics.,so heads roll for a reason.

That is all.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornRidah View Post
    Not to downplay anyone, but the only reason there was a high murder rate in Guyana for a period of time was for political purposes. The prison breaks,phantom crews, and many of police defecting to turn into bandits,was all a cause and affect but mainly politics.,so heads roll for a reason.

That is all.
    Wow even Rezza gettin on bad so?!! Used to be a time when Scorpion and Rezza was quiet, now is gun town! If dem fellaz was shootin too den dem eh no innocents. So da drop somebody talk is bullshit.
    Space available for RENT