Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRINIDAD vs. JAMAICA

Credits

TRINIDAD vs. JAMAICA

JAMAICANS MUSSE VEX that TRINIS are GIVING them a RUN for their MONEY.

Trinis take the lead in murders

Jamaica up 15%, T&T rises by 65%
    Darryl Heeralal dheeralal@trinidadexpress.com

Monday, October 6th 2008

BLOODY JOB: T&T crime scene investigators at work.

Trinidad and Tobago's society is comparatively more violent than Jamaica and we are getting worse based on the number of people murdered here so far this year.

Jamaica has consistently been in the top three homicidal nations worldwide in the last five years, with an average murder toll of over 1,000 per year-about three murders a day and 50 homicides in one weekend are nothing new for police over there.

Up to August 18, our Caribbean neighbour had listed 1,050 murders and it is believed that the murder toll there will this year surpass 2005's record of 1,674 homicides.

For the same period last year, with 913 murders recorded, the homicide rate increased by 15 per cent based on figures on the Jamaican Constabulary Force's website Jamaica Constabulary Force > Home.

Compare this with the almost Mt Everest climb in the murder rate in Trinidad and Tobago this year over 2007.

This country's homicide rate went up by 65 per cent compared with Jamaica's 15 per cent.

Between January 1 and August 18, murders were recorded at 340, 134 more than 2007 (206).

Murders here have now surpassed 400, with 500 a possibility at year's end if trends of more than a homicide a day continue, police say.

At October 5 last year, 260 murders were recorded, at least 150 fewer than this year.

At the weekend, the murder toll in Jamaica was over 1,300.

Our Caribbean neighbour has become infamous internationally for its high murder rate, thanks to the amount of negative media and other publicity in North America and Europe.

Travel advisories from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and other European countries, as well as country profiles from the BBC and CIA World Factbook, all warn about murder and violence in the land of reggae.

Trinidad and Tobago has now gained such a reputation, as shown in similar reviews, publications and profiles which are being consistently updated as the situation here worsens. Publications continue to compare both islands along crime lines.

What is even more interesting is that the comparative increase in murders in Jamaica up to August 18 this year over 2007 (15 per cent) is less than the total increase in homicides for all of 2007 (1,574) over 2006 (1340), 17 per cent.

Here it is just the opposite.

In 2007, murders (392) went up by 5.6 per cent over 2006 (371).

This against the comparative increase of homicides up to August 18 this year over the same period last year of 65 per cent, more than ten-fold for the overall increase in 2007.

Below is table comparing murders in Trinidad and Tobago with Jamaica since 2002.

Editor's note: The murder toll in Trinidad and Tobago as of yesterday was 411.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    JAMAICANS MUSSE VEX that TRINIS are GIVING them a RUN for their MONEY.
    Hey VP, dem pre-empt yuh wid dis areddi. Delete it quick.

Credits
    You really know how to heat up a thread eh!! woooo thats not nice saying that.

Kiz
    Credits
    Repost!

Yesterdays news.....bleh!

Credits
    The fact that you are making a mockery of this and turning it into a match of some sort is a crying shame. People are dying and you turn it into "Trinidad vs. Jamica"

Ole man like you should know better
    Strum has a Grizzly Bear Rug in his living room.

It's not dead however...It's just SCARED TO MOVE.

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by KaisoStrum View Post
    The fact that you are making a mockery of this and turning it into a match of some sort is a crying shame. People are dying and you turn it into "Trinidad vs. Jamica"

nah leff him....he needed something to do at 1:29 in the morning. His sleep medication wasnt wukking
    Last edited by Kiz; 10-07-2008 at 08:55 AM.

ms_socadiva

the man is ah focking dotish muda #################### ...but this ah ah flicking reality for me!! meh family and friends live there!! but for other ####################holes they will post ah million threads on trini ah year hoping to prove something...steuppsss!!!
    i really doh get it...shouldnt he be focused on vincyland!! fock man!!!

ms_socadiva
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    nah leff him....he needed something to do at 1:29 in the morning. His dropsey medication wasnt wukking
    he suffers from OBESSIVE COMPULSIVE TRINIDAD DISORDER!!

while some people living in misery he come here to compare something like that!! if i was ignorant i would come and lamblass he muda #################### bout st.vincient but since i doh cater bout what the fock going on down dey..
    anyway let leave me leave the focker to fall on he own 2 feet!!

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_socadiva View Post
    the man is ah focking dotish muda #################### ...but this ah ah flicking reality for me!! meh family and friends live there!! but for other ####################holes they will post ah million threads on trini ah year hoping to prove something...steuppsss!!!
    why should he...what is going on there??....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! ....not even little children come out to play the place so boring....I just looked them up in the fact book under "worlds most boring country" NO REPORTS.....de place too boring to report on

Credits
    Not cool son, Our two nations dealing with the negative Yankee influences

Credits
    I know I've alway s said that in order to compete with the yardies, I've said that T&T had to improve it's quality of life, it's industrial, commercial, and even it's population growth, but this isn't what I had in mind, and it's very shocking what I'm hearing. Why is T&T like this??? Is it the local economy or what??? Everybody says that T&T is like America to the little islanders, but I guess America is starting to become too much for T&T.

T-MAKAA
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_socadiva View Post
    U need to relax a bit.. juss a tad.

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
    I know I've alway s said that in order to compete with the yardies, I've said that T&T had to improve it's quality of life, it's industrial, commercial, and even it's population growth, but this isn't what I had in mind, and it's very shocking what I'm hearing. Why is T&T like this??? Is it the local economy or what??? Everybody says that T&T is like America to the little islanders, but I guess America is starting to become too much for T&T.
    Trini is so small for all dis crime...so de population compared to the murder rate is very outstanding.....Jamaica is larger that Trinidad by far so it looking worste for us... Yes it is a shame. Most of dem killings is gang, drugs, gun related....alot of dem does no who the gunning for......we have had a few random killings but mostly ppl taking shots meant for other folk...the get rich fast and step on your brother on the way up is killing my ppl.

when you say compete wid yardies....you mean compete how

Credits

+1

And here i was tinkin he got "ENLIGHTENED" ...Hmmmphhh tsk tsk tsk.....Get Concious bredda..yuh ego still controllin ya.

ms_socadiva
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    U need to relax a bit.. juss a tad.
    im sorry hon
    its just that when u have been affected by the issue( friends and fam died) and you see ah ####################hole making dotish comments like that u have to fock them up..well maybe ah was ah tad with out ah order but WDMC...its real for me not ah joke!!
    p.s but im sorry alluh could go back to alluh regular programing doh mind me please and tonx..i just had to let it out!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast