Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Doctor's Daughter

Thread: TRINIDAD and TOBAGO FASHION INDUSTRY.... WE ARE GOING PLACES!!!

Measure ur life with Love Doctor's Daughter's Avatar Doctor's Daughter is offline
    Credits

Exclamation TRINIDAD and TOBAGO FASHION INDUSTRY.... WE ARE GOING PLACES!!!

The Fashion Industry Development Committee (FIDC) in Trinidad and Tobago has been working hard to brand and synergize our local industry and i'm proud to say that we are on the way... Please have a look at the video and enjoy the beauty of Trinidad and Tobago Fashion.... Also, like the group on Facebook.

http://www.hautecaribe.com

www.Facebook.com/HauteCaribe

I'm Proud to be Trini!!!!
    Corrupt file likes this.
    The love of my life is an Imixer!!!

~DD~

Credits
    Fantastic overall but there are a few things I didn't like.
    Interesting though, to me at least, that the waterfront and NAPA now symbolise Trinidad and Tobago.
    Ah guess some of us who doubted and those who still do, really need to show appreciation for Patrick Manning. If anyone deserves the Order of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago next Independence Day, it's Patos.

Credits
    will have to watch the vid later. too long for me to watch at work

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    Interesting though, to me at least, that the waterfront and NAPA now symbolise Trinidad and Tobago.
    Ah guess some of us who doubted and those who still do, really need to show appreciation for Patrick Manning. If anyone deserves the Order of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago next Independence Day, it's Patos.
    Excellent point.

Something else I want to point out but don't want to attract the buzzards that will swarm if I mention it...have a feeling someone else will anyway tho.

Anyway, vid looks awesome so far, didn't get half way thru cause its looong. Gonna have to watch the rest at my leisure later.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Measure ur life with Love Doctor's Daughter's Avatar Doctor's Daughter is offline
    Credits
    Port of Spain will soon be dubbed the Fashion Capital of the Caribbean, hence the reason for the many shots of the waterfront. There will be a shift in Caribbean Fashion in 2013.

~DD~

Credits
    Please note that this is just the first episode of our videos as we continue to brand our local fashion industry. Very soon we will be doing an episode on the Micro and Small businesses and then we go to tobago fashion.

~DD~

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor's Daughter View Post
    Please note that this is just the first episode of our videos as we continue to brand our local fashion industry. Very soon we will be doing an episode on the Micro and Small businesses and then we go to tobago fashion.
    Good to hear this because I thought the link from Carnival to fashion was overdone. It felt like they were trying to kill two birds and create a tourism video as well.
    The link to Minshall was interesting. You certainly see his influence in some of the tops but I was totally ignorant about his inspiring a tiedye boom. That doesn't ring true to me.

The three young women featured nearing the end didn't have an impact. They hardly seemed fashion forward to me.

The younger designers resonated with me., the guy with the shirts and the woman with the Japanese (I think) named fashion house.

I liked the concept of marrying the rhythm of the people with the fashion, that made sense. Some things just came across as words, as Anya saying we are a sexy people so we dress sexy. But there wasn't anything to back it up. In fact the clothes were edgy and loose and blanketing.

Credit too for not trying to dash a token Indian section in there because to me, the Indian influence is more in accessories and colour choice, than clothes.

Credits
    Good to hear this because I thought the link from Carnival to fashion was overdone. It felt like they were trying to kill two birds and create a tourism video as well.
    The link to Minshall was interesting. You certainly see his influence in some of the tops but I was totally ignorant about his inspiring a tiedye boom. That doesn't ring true to me.

The three young women featured nearing the end didn't have an impact. They hardly seemed fashion forward to me.

The younger designers resonated with me., the guy with the shirts and the woman with the Japanese (I think) named fashion house.

I liked the concept of marrying the rhythm of the people with the fashion, that made sense. Some things just came across as words, as Anya saying we are a sexy people so we dress sexy. But there wasn't anything to back it up. In fact the clothes were edgy and loose and blanketing.

Credit too for not trying to dash a token Indian section in there because to me, the Indian influence is more in accessories and colour choice, than clothes.
    appreciated.

~DD~

Credits
    yea, once they don't have any stragglers hanging on trying to ride the coat tails of this fashion wave, then its all good.. we usually have some good offerings in terms of style...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    big up Richard Young..

Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa