Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trinidad And Tobago Is Culinary Best

Credits

Trinidad And Tobago Is Culinary Best

Trinidad & Tobago Culinary Team Takes Home the Gold
    Jul 05, 06 | 11:40 am

The Trinidad & Tobago Culinary Team was named "best of the best" at the 2006 Caribbean Hotel Industry Conference (CHIC) this week in Miami by taking home the gold medal in the Taste of the Caribbean culinary team competition. Team members also snagged individual gold and silver medals in the "Best Chef" category.

A panel of culinary officials adjudicated the event and judgment was based upon taste, execution of skills, presentation as well as the ability to maintain a clean, safe and efficient working environment throughout the competition. The Trinidad & Tobago culinary team consisted of Tricia Corbin-Oliveire, Raymond Joseph, Bernard Long, Ottley Alexis, Raymond Edwards and Debra Sardinha-Metivier.

The Trinidad & Tobago team brought home the culinary team of the year award in 2004. "We are proud that we could represent our country and bring this award home again," said Debra Sardinha-Metivier. "Trinidad & Tobago has many different cultures that reside on the island and that diverse blend reflects in our deliciously interesting cuisine," added Sardinha-Metivier.

Held at the Hyatt Regency Miami, the Taste of the Caribbean culinary team competition involved a total of 16 teams cooking and presenting food which was judged over the course of two nights. The competition consisted of a dinner preparation where six teams worked simultaneously in the competition kitchen. Trinidad & Tobago competed against Anguilla, British Virgin Islands, Curacao, Puerto Rico, United States Virgin Islands, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Antigua & Barbuda, Bonaire, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Maarten/St. Martin, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Cayman Islands, and St. Lucia.

Trinidad & Tobago is located in the southeastern region of the Caribbean. Trinidad & Tobago, with their careful approach to tourism offers one of the last absolutely unspoiled Caribbean destinations. Trinidad, the 'cultural capital of the Caribbean,' is home to the world famous Carnival, the birth of the steel pan drum and Emmy Award Winner, Peter Minshall. Tobago, sister island to Trinidad, is the quintessential Caribbean island with secluded beaches, quaint villages, and charming hotels. For more information on Trinidad & Tobago visit www.visitTNT.com or call 800-816-7541.

Credits

Wha?

Credits
    who get 2nd and 3rd

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by JACHINYGAL
    Aint had no jerk chicken or pork involved

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Fugitive

Pebbles362436

VP I thought you went to your homeland for the carnival. If you are in SVG what the hell are you doing posting on imix

BTW someone just sent me this article and thought about sharing it with you after reading it.LOL

http://www.guardian.co.tt/SA-1.html

Ever had this conversation:

Q: So where are you from?

A: Trinidad and Tobago.

‘That’s nice. What part of Jamaica is that?’

Not anymore!

To a doting new fan base the world over, there is no more ambiguity as to the location, culture and nature of the land and people of our beloved twin island republic. As much as we respect our industrious Caribbean neighbour, the two dots on the world map that make up Trinidad and Tobago are as identifiable as the North Star at the moment. And to that I say ‘Let it shine. Let it shine. Let it Shine!’

The pride emanating from our country today must surely rival that of the day the Union Jack was lowered and the red, white and black was raised for the first time. And boy has it been raised several times in the last month. The Trinidad and Tobago flag is everywhere. The pride is everywhere. The passion ias everywhere, and not just amongst Trinis. The Germans have fallen in love with us, the English and the Swedes now respect us and the rest of the world wants to embrace us.

All over Germany the story remains the same – Trinbagonians are being mobbed for any and everything Trini. Soca Warrior merchandise is harder to come by than a legal Peter Crouch header. When I first walked into a sports store in Nuremberg and could not find any T&T memorabilia I thought, oh no, it’s more of the same. They’ve forgotten us. But that was not the case. As the shop attendant explained, it’s not that the stores did not have T&T merchandise but that all that they had was sold out!

While walking through downtown Munich, a Brazilian (well so I thought) decked off in full Brazilian gear approached me, only for him to shout ‘Wa’s de scene Trini?’ Apparently he, a Trini, was himself in a sports store when a Brazilian approached him and begged for the Soca Warriors shirt off his back in exchange for his Brazilian shirt, cap and bag. The Trinbagonian obliged. The fact that this request came from a fan from the best footballing nation in the world speaks for itself.

Back in Nuremberg, while walking with a friend, a German man stopped us, eager to talk football and to express his admiration for the Soca Warriors and his new found love for Trinidad and Tobago. ‘The way you guys fought it was incredible’ he said. ‘Your (Trinidad and Tobago) being here has been the highlight of the World Cup. I went to the Carnival (held in Nuremberg before the game) and oh my goodness…can we have one of those every week?’ he pleaded with a big smile on his face. The conversation continued and our new German friend took us for an authentic German meal – sausages and potato salad German style. ‘The best sausages in the world,’ he quipped. Such was the warmth extended to Trinidad and Tobago nationals by our host country as instances like this were commonplace.

All thanks to the deeds of 23 Trinbagonians, one Dutch/Trini and the thousands of travelling Trinbagonians who shared the spirit of our wonderful country with the world.

Trinis – be proud.

Soca Warriors – Thank you.

The conversation now reads:

Last edited by Pebbles362436; 07-05-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles362436

VP I thought you went to your homeland for the carnival. If you are in SVG what hell are you doing posting on imix
    lol so it dont have computer in SVG

Credits

VP I thought you went to your homeland for the carnival. If you are in SVG what the hell are you doing posting on imix

BTW someone just sent me this article and thought about sharing it with you after reading it.LOL

Not anymore!

To a doting new fan base the world over, there is no more ambiguity as to the location, culture and nature of the land and people of our beloved twin island republic. As much as we respect our industrious Caribbean neighbour, the two dots on the world map that make up Trinidad and Tobago are as identifiable as the North Star at the moment. And to that I say ‘Let it shine. Let it shine. Let it Shine!’

The pride emanating from our country today must surely rival that of the day the Union Jack was lowered and the red, white and black was raised for the first time. And boy has it been raised several times in the last month. The Trinidad and Tobago flag is everywhere. The pride is everywhere. The passion ias everywhere, and not just amongst Trinis. The Germans have fallen in love with us, the English and the Swedes now respect us and the rest of the world wants to embrace us.

All over Germany the story remains the same – Trinbagonians are being mobbed for any and everything Trini. Soca Warrior merchandise is harder to come by than a legal Peter Crouch header. When I first walked into a sports store in Nuremberg and could not find any T&T memorabilia I thought, oh no, it’s more of the same. They’ve forgotten us. But that was not the case. As the shop attendant explained, it’s not that the stores did not have T&T merchandise but that all that they had was sold out!

While walking through downtown Munich, a Brazilian (well so I thought) decked off in full Brazilian gear approached me, only for him to shout ‘Wa’s de scene Trini?’ Apparently he, a Trini, was himself in a sports store when a Brazilian approached him and begged for the Soca Warriors shirt off his back in exchange for his Brazilian shirt, cap and bag. The Trinbagonian obliged. The fact that this request came from a fan from the best footballing nation in the world speaks for itself.

Back in Nuremberg, while walking with a friend, a German man stopped us, eager to talk football and to express his admiration for the Soca Warriors and his new found love for Trinidad and Tobago. ‘The way you guys fought it was incredible’ he said. ‘Your (Trinidad and Tobago) being here has been the highlight of the World Cup. I went to the Carnival (held in Nuremberg before the game) and oh my goodness…can we have one of those every week?’ he pleaded with a big smile on his face. The conversation continued and our new German friend took us for an authentic German meal – sausages and potato salad German style. ‘The best sausages in the world,’ he quipped. Such was the warmth extended to Trinidad and Tobago nationals by our host country as instances like this were commonplace.

All thanks to the deeds of 23 Trinbagonians, one Dutch/Trini and the thousands of travelling Trinbagonians who shared the spirit of our wonderful country with the world.

Trinis – be proud.

WOMAN, I ALREADY ANNOUNCED that I had an ABRUPT CHANGE of PLANS, because of a TRAGIC INCIDENT.

Well, TRINI better enjoy the FAD while it last, because it will seen be.....

Where are you from?: Trinidad

Is that in Jamaica?:

So, how are you DOING, SWEETNESS?

Credits

Not anymore!

Trinis – be proud.

Ah brazillian beg ah trini to exchange his football jersey..WoW.I think its offical now ITS COOL TO BE TRINI

Credits

Trinbagonians are being mobbed for any and everything Trini. Soca Warrior merchandise is harder to come by than a legal Peter Crouch header. .

Pebbles362436
    lol so it dont have computer in SVG
    Nah not that they don't have computers. Is just that when you leave the US you just have to learn to distach yourself from cellphones, blackberries, the internet etc and enjoy being home.

Wow VP sorry to hear about that. I missed your big announcement about that. LOL at "Trini-Fad" Yuh too fresh.

But I have been very busy babe working with some of my sponsors on a couple of big projects they plan on having soon. In fact, I need to ask you something check your PM in 5mins.

Credits
    Nah not that they don't have computers. Is just that when you leave the US you just have to learn to distach yourself from cellphones, blackberries, the internet etc and enjoy being home.

Wow VP sorry to hear about that. I missed your big announcement about that. LOL at "Trini-Fad" Yuh too fresh.

But I have been very busy babe working with some of my sponsors on a couple of big projects they plan on having soon. In fact, I need to ask you something check your PM in 5mins.

Links30

lol..

The JaM™
    Quote Originally Posted by Bago20
    lol..
    Dais you in yuh siggy?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VincyJam82
    Dais you in yuh siggy?
    mi thinking di same thing buh didn't wah ask