Thread: Trini father shot dead in New York

Credits

Trini father shot dead in New York

A BICYCLE accident that injured a three-year-old boy sparked the fatal shooting of his Trinidadian father in Brooklyn over the weekend, police and witnesses said.

Irwin Donovan, 20, was gunned down on the doorstep of his Bedford-Stuyvesant home after getting the childs mother, Benette Gantt, safely inside. Gantt had argued last Wednesday night with a young woman who rode her bicycle on the sidewalk and struck three-year-old Messiah Donovan, cops said. The childs face was swollen, and he was treated for a bump on his head. My daughter Benette confronted the young lady about why she was riding on the sidewalk, said Robert Gantt, 64, in an interview with the New York Daily News. There were heated words, and they fought. The dispute snowballed as both sides attracted supporters. Donovan was elsewhere at the time.

The next evening, Donovan and Benette Gantt were sitting on the stoop of their Hancock Street apartment. About 12:30 am on Sunday, several cars pulled up and a man headed for the couple. Irwin and my daughter ran into the hall, said Robert Gantt. Irwin held the door and told her to run up and call 911. About four shots ran out. I knew it wasnt fireworks. I came running down the steps, and he was laying on the floor. All was blood. Donovan was shot once in the chest through his front door window, cops said. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Woodhull Hospital. I was hoping he would be my son-in-law. He worked hard every day. He did good, said Gantt. Born in Trinidad, Donovan grew up in New York and had worked as a security guard, Gantt said. I want the killer of my brother to be found, said the victims 27-year-old sister, Debbie Donovan. Its hard losing a 20-year-old.

A young man paying respects at a makeshift memorial at the Hancock Street apartment predicted more trouble. Theres going to be a lot more tragedy. Its not over till its over. It doesnt end here, said the man, who declined to give his name. Cops said the gunman escaped in a blue sport-utility vehicle. He is described as black, in his 20s, 6-feet-1, 200 to 235 pounds and dressed in a red hat and red shirt.

Credits
    steups... wha de ass

people need to first of all learn manners... if yuh knock someone, ESPECIALLY a child, say sorry, admit when u do wrong... and secondly people need to learn to control their anger and communicate in a proper way in order to solve a problem

now look what one simple mistake lead to... a young man dead, a fatherless child and possibility for further tragedy:

Credits
    I don't know when all the madness will stop.

Credits
    I really doh know nah...when are these young people gonna learn!? Why must they always run for weapons to settle differences, why can't they just act like people of the universe instead of like stray animals. 20 years old! What the hell! I hope justice is served and they find this young man's killer, this is so upsetting...this gun mentality is not helping us get anywhere fast is like ppl doh understand!

I wish it could be like back in the day and ppl could take a good old-fashioned box, slap or break dance, steups

where the Eagles are a hometown favorite!
    Credits
    all of this was not necessary...but the world is sadly filled with lots of ignorant people who also do not have manners....

Credits
    Originally posted by BeatifulTrini
    I don't know when all the madness will stop.

i second that..the sad thing..is not the states..or canada..is all over the flickin world shi.te like dis is going on ...

It's ah&am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;qu ot; G & amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; amp; a mp ;amp;amp ;quot; thing Chocolate's Avatar Chocolate is offline
    Credits
    I saw that on the news ,so sad.......injured the child and killed the father,, no regard for human life. steupesssssssss

Credits
    FOr real nah..people just getting on so igonorant. This is really and truly a sad story. May he R.I.P. I feel so bad for his family...something like that mus be real tough to deal with.

WE NEED TO STOP THE FOOLISHNESS....THE WORLD NEEDS PLENTY MORE LOVE.. Bless up

Credits
    : : im sorry but if that was my brother or man trust me all the talk bout being humane wouldnt sway me. is suffer i would make that girl suffer. eveything and everyone she cares about will feel it. jah know.

i didnt even know about this till i just logged on and now i feel the negativity and anger spreading through me.

Credits
    DUE TO IGNORANCE............WE ARE SLOWLY KILLING OUT OUR OWN PPL............. IS SO SAD HOW TIMES HAVE GOTTEN ...... ALL OVER THIS PLANET................. PPL NEED TO PRAY.

STICKMAN
    Originally posted by innocence
    : : im sorry but if that was my brother or man trust me all the talk bout being humane wouldnt sway me. is suffer i would make that girl suffer. eveything and everyone she cares about will feel it. jah know.

i didnt even know about this till i just logged on and now i feel the negativity and anger spreading through me.
    I feel you innocence, i know exactly what you mean.. if that was someone in my family that was killed needlessly, i would be inclined to try and settle the score.. but then you gotta stop and think, and remember that you are above senseless violence...
    Ignorant people are not worth you throwing your life away.

Credits
    Originally posted by STICKMAN

Ignorant people are not worth you throwing your life away.
    VERY WELL SAID!!

Credits
    i see what u are staying but that person didnt care about what they were putting me through. i say fire wih fire. im no longer a little girl who will turn the cheek. . if someone has no respect for my life i will NOT have respect for theirs.

trust me if anyone was to do something to my son. they will feel it. that garbage about not stooping to their level wont appease me at all. but i will take some small measure o f satisfaction with knowing that they are hurting too.

i know alot of you will look down at what im saying, but u can stay with unnoh idealism, i'm about reality