Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By tikreyol
  • 1 Post By tikreyol

Thread: Trini Carnival a growing global export

Credits

Trini Carnival a growing global export

Credits
    a global export that is not patented, all the people who steal it will not give kudos
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGGERIFIC View Post
    a global export that is not patented, all the people who steal it will not give kudos
    Steal what? The majority of the International Carnivals outside Trinidad & the Caribbean are ran and started by majority Trinis as an homage to what's going on back home. What more kudos do they want? The majority of those "Carnivals/Parades" are Trini centric with their floats playing majority of its music from Trinidad. None interfere with Trinidad's "main event" in February. If anything they are the perfect lead up and provide the best promotion Trinidad carnival could ever want.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by tikreyol View Post
    Steal what? The majority of the International Carnivals outside Trinidad & the Caribbean are ran and started by majority Trinis as an homage to what's going on back home. What more kudos do they want? The majority of those "Carnivals/Parades" are Trini centric with their floats playing majority of its music from Trinidad. None interfere with Trinidad's "main event" in February. If anything they are the perfect lead up and provide the best promotion Trinidad carnival could ever want.
    its only a matter of time before all these places do just like the other caribbean islands and write out trinidad out of the equation. my big issue has always been trinidad's reluctance to properly take ownership of all its innovation.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    its only a matter of time before all these places do just like the other caribbean islands and write out trinidad out of the equation. my big issue has always been trinidad's reluctance to properly take ownership of all its innovation.
    Which islands are you referring to that have done this? And what exactly does Trinidad need to take ownership of? They don't own Carnival. So be more specific. I'm actually trying to understand you lol.
    Bwa m kale tou wouj

Credits
    Which islands are you referring to that have done this? And what exactly does Trinidad need to take ownership of? They don't own Carnival. So be more specific. I'm actually trying to understand you lol.
    i am not saying that trinidad owns carnival because countries like Haiti was never influenced by trinidad carnival but tons of other islands singlehandedly took so many aspects of trinidad carnival like calypso monarch, soca monarch, dimanche gras, road march etc and there is no acknowledgement of this. I can easily see trinidad loosing its status as one of the best carnivals if not the best carnival in the caribbean. Trinidad never fully take ownership of its own instrument like the steelpan, Japan and Germany made high tech pans while trinidad neglected pan.

If they took full ownership of things like pan, soca etc then dont matter who else did it, it would be fully synonymous with trinidad but you know how lackadaisical trinis are.

Recently, Jamaica said they want to be the best carnival in the region and that can possibly happen.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    i am not saying that trinidad owns carnival because countries like Haiti was never influenced by trinidad carnival but tons of other islands singlehandedly took so many aspects of trinidad carnival like calypso monarch, soca monarch, dimanche gras, road march etc and there is no acknowledgement of this. I can easily see trinidad loosing its status as one of the best carnivals if not the best carnival in the caribbean. Trinidad never fully take ownership of its own instrument like the steelpan, Japan and Germany made high tech pans while trinidad neglected pan.

If they took full ownership of things like pan, soca etc then dont matter who else did it, it would be fully synonymous with trinidad but you know how lackadaisical trinis are.

Recently, Jamaica said they want to be the best carnival in the region and that can possibly happen.
    All of the things highlighted are Trini and heavily associated with starting in Trinidad. I think you're worrying for no reason. If anything Trinis are reaping all the benefits of this. Their music is played in many of these other islands even over those other island's own artists. They are also able to tour the Caribbean extensively with the music.There's nothing wrong or farfetched with sharing. Especially with islands that are just a spit throw away from you. I feel like this expanded the profile of Soca and Trinidad's carnival. As a result I think we are now receiving better produced Soca, and a more organized Carnival with way more events surrounding it. Think about the whole picture instead of wanting to keep everything Trini centric. Trinidad doesn't win that way.
    Socapro and trinifrombx like this.
    Bwa m kale tou wouj

Credits
    All of the things highlighted are Trini and heavily associated with starting in Trinidad. I think you're worrying for no reason. If anything Trinis are reaping all the benefits of this. Their music is played in many of these other islands even over those other island's own artists. They are also able to tour the Caribbean extensively with the music.There's nothing wrong or farfetched with sharing. Especially with islands that are just a spit throw away from you. I feel like this expanded the profile of Soca and Trinidad's carnival. As a result I think we are now receiving better produced Soca, and a more organized Carnival with way more events surrounding it. Think about the whole picture instead of wanting to keep everything Trini centric. Trinidad doesn't win that way.
    i can agree with most of this but i am seeing this from the other angle as well, like Bermuda who clearly said they dont want trinidad masquerade bands having a say in their carnival.
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW

Credits
    i can agree with most of this but i am seeing this from the other angle as well, like Bermuda who clearly said they dont want trinidad masquerade bands having a say in their carnival.
    Lol there are plenty of places where Trinidad's carnival has no say. They can all coexist and be successful even with them being on the same days. And the smaller islands that are influenced are either A). too small to ever compete on Trinidad's level, B) have carnival a different date than Trinidad's, so I'm not sure what your worry is. Nobody is benefiting more than Trinidad.
    trinifrombx likes this.
    Bwa m kale tou wouj

Credits

I am glad you don't represent us, you sound like a prick, serious !

You talking shit and don't even know what you talking about !

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trinifrombx View Post
    I am glad you don't represent us, you sound like a prick, serious !

You talking shit and don't even know what you talking about !
    expound nah! dont throw stones then hide
    GREATNESS IS ALL I KNOW