Thread: Too Many Blasted Boat Rides

Credits

Too Many Blasted Boat Rides

How do you determine which one to go on when there are so many. I don't expect much response to this post. I am just venting!

Credits
    I will respond.

Going on a boat ride now-a-dayz is definately a $40 crapshoot.
    That why you mightnt see my bloody behind on another one. If it had one big boat ride per 2 week period....then i might have to consider

Maybe promoters have to somehow assure me that their ride is the jumpoff and not the other 6 going on at the same frickin port.

Stranger Gone.

Credits
    Well as a promoter I must say they are many boat rides because of the fact that outdoor venue (Backyard) are limit since guliani mess up everything. Yes it is a big difference when they use to be only about 20 or less boat rides say 7 years ago (Sesame,Hawks,Tony Soul,etc) but the the soca market has change very much. The soca market is youth oriented. Alot of the young adults have been taking charge of become promoters in the soca industry that is why there are so much (Promoters,Soca Artist, Internet sites,etc.) Moreover, everone want to pitch in their ideas and creativity so every year there will be new promters it just has grown in such a fast rate it seem overwhelming so I hope this explain it a little.

P.S. our next ride is Aug. 16th it has always been good especially the last one check out the pics in the gallery & Big & Strong gallery hope to see on the hudson!

Credits
    Here are my factors when choosing a ride:

1. Did i go last year?
    This determines did i have a time. Chances are if i don't remember then i must of had a time.

2. Who is the promotion?
    I know this is crap shoot because there are so many well established promtions, but are these same promoters giving me my moneys worth.

3. Is the crew going?
    yes or no.

and finally......

4. What are they saying about gthis ride on IMIX?
    You all know we come here for the 411 on everything.

Dragon
    Here is my 35cents

In the past there were about 6 promoters keeping boat rides. Now you have all these little crews with ah few dollars in their pocket trying to be promoters. Some of them are successful and some are not.

Here is what to do

With establish boat ride promoters like GB god bless, In & Out, Frienz, Marcus Crew, Big & Strong, OPP, Party People Promotion, Army Boyz and Hawks international buy yuh ticket early

Buy yuh ticket at the pier if you are not sure about ah boat ride

* Islandmix is not responsible for my comments plus I am not trying to diss any promoters

Credits
    Well said Unlce D...

Credits
    Well I guess the market is saturated with Promoters and it is survival of the fittest. May the best promoters win.

I still hold the opinion that a $40 boat ride is betta than a sweaty night at any of the Brooklyn venues.

Credits
    Originally posted by Mrs_Scorpion
    Well I guess the market is saturated with Promoters and it is survival of the fittest. May the best promoters win.

I still hold the opinion that a $40 boat ride is betta than a sweaty night at any of the Brooklyn venues.

I agree! @ sweaty venues! I swear it's annoying to walking into a club and the walls and the people are sweating. : ewwwwwwwww! I will pay $40 any day.

Credits

Re: Too Many Blasted Boat Rides

Originally posted by Mrs_Scorpion
    How do you determine which one to go on when there are so many. I don't expect much response to this post. I am just venting!
    I does go on all...

Credits

Too Many Blasted Boat Rides

Well Mrs. Scorpion, thats a very good point.

My opinion is that each boatride has a different flavor depending on whose throwing the event. As Dragon has said and can confirm, I have attended more than average boatrides this year, some good, some not so good, but still all worth an opinion.

Maybe towards the end of the year IMIX can create a survey of the best BOATRIDES of 2003, and then next year you have a guide to go by as to which to ones attend.

By the way the 105 pics of BIG AND STRONG BREAKFAST PARTY just went up yesterday, and there is not a sad face, or empty belly in the house (hint, hint).. www.bigandstong.net.. You'll see some very familiar faces of many crews who we support and support us as well.

And our next one will be July 11th for a discounted price of $35.
    Same bat time of 12midnight same bat pier (40).

Very Good question though,

Credits
    Originally posted by DRAGON
    Here is my 35cents

In the past there were about 6 promoters keeping boat rides. Now you have all these little crews with ah few dollars in their pocket trying to be promoters. Some of them are successful and some are not.

Here is what to do

With establish boat ride promoters like GB god bless, In & Out, Frienz, Marcus Crew, Big & Strong, OPP, Party People Promotion, Army Boyz and Hawks international buy yuh ticket early

Buy yuh ticket at the pier if you are not sure about ah boat ride

* Islandmix is not responsible for my comments plus I am not trying to diss any promoters
    Do i still have a job at de discovery chanel..
    www.VibesFromVenus.com