Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TMI: The Protruding Tailbone. Update on the Weight Loss

Black Madonna

TMI: The Protruding Tailbone. Update on the Weight Loss

Just when I thought everything was going hunky-dory. For over a month now I have been having an excruciating pain in my ass...lol

I am embarrassed to go to the doctor. So I have been using this anti inflammatory gel that I had gotten from a previous injury and it has been helping a bit.

My tailbone is protruding and getting inflamed when I sit down for long periods of time. This is due to the loss of weight and fat surrounding the tailbone.

I went to the obesity site to see if others were suffering from the same issue and sure enough many had been.

me always having a bodonkadonk, I never thought this would ever be an issue for me. My ass, as many of you saw and commented on from my pics has been disappearing as the lbs have been.

I am trying to do exercises to help build back up the muscles in hopes that alleviates some of the tailbone issues. I first thought I had pulled something doing leg presses when a co-worker told me I needed to increase the weight for better results. but as time went by it got worse and worse (the pain)

then I started to feel the bone myself. hubby told me from before he was feeling the bone when I was on top during, but I wasnt having pains back then when he first told me.

Now when I sit down I feel like I am sitting directly on the bone itself as it protrudes. when I clean myself I feel the bone poking out. I have to adjust myself constantly in chairs to relieve the pressure and when I stand up from sitting, I grimace due to extreme pain

I will be purchasing a coccyx cushion to help and see how that works, if not then I may have to get cortisone shots or maybe surgery to remove the tailbone...depending on the severity. that is what I was reading on the obesity site as far as solutions are concerned.

shit aint easy.

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    omg. well i wish u well on the rest of ur journey.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    maybe you can try the padded panties...I'm not sure if the padding covers that area but you can look see....good luck!
    ‎"In the absence of light Darkness prevails."

"Free will; it's a b*tch"

Credits
    Yuh prooly need to do some buttocks exercise...

Leh yuh husband smack it sometimes it gon prolly get use to the pain...

Credits
    wow...
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

DSP
    Credits
    you doing squats?

Taj
    Credits
    damn who the fcuk knew that would be a complication.

wow I'm sure its very uncomfortable sorry to hear and I hope u find a solution soon!
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    damn who the fcuk knew that would be a complication.

wow I'm sure its very uncomfortable sorry to hear and I hope u find a solution soon!
    yeah this is what i wanted to say.....i just cudnt move past wow...lol...

u would think after ppl lose weight everything is all honky dory....
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyshawtie View Post
    yeah this is what i wanted to say.....i just cudnt move past wow...lol...

u would think after ppl lose weight everything is all honky dory....
    ya kno !!
    cos i've had backpain when i was younger and even as a fitter person then it was still torture. And basically where she has the pain there is really no way to avoid it you gotta walk sit, roll over and balance. shit is rough
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    ask a white or asian woman how they deal with having a flat back

Credits
    Even if you naturally had a big behind before ever gaining weight..when you lose the weight if you haven't built enough muscle (so you lose density) that will be an issue. I have the same issue and neither my weight gain nor loss as severe as yours. Both my doc and my PT knew what it was the minute I complained so its really common...moreso in women of color. Only answer is build muscle.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Black Madonna
    Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    you doing squats?
    that and lunges. I take the steps at work 2 at a time. I am doing all kinds of butt exercises. a flat ass is not cool on a black chick...lol

as for the asian and white chick comment, when you are smaller you have the muscle to pad. when your ass is fat, that muscle atrophies. so now when the fat is gone and the muscle atrophied I have nothing there for padding.

so I have to work on building the muscle. but in the meantime.....OUCH!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NASDAQ View Post
    ask a white or asian woman how they deal with having a flat back
    I think dem tailbones have callouses to protect after years of being exposed.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

DSP
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Madonna View Post
    that and lunges. I take the steps at work 2 at a time. I am doing all kinds of butt exercises. a flat ass is not cool on a black chick...lol

as for the asian and white chick comment, when you are smaller you have the muscle to pad. when your ass is fat, that muscle atrophies. so now when the fat is gone and the muscle atrophied I have nothing there for padding.

so I have to work on building the muscle. but in the meantime.....OUCH!
    do u squat with heavy or lgiht weight or just your body?

add more weight periodically to the squats and keep going up. It will help build more muscle faster.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    I think dem tailbones have callouses to protect after years of being exposed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast