Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: a throwback video of me doing poetry

Credits

a throwback video of me doing poetry

(my friend edited my gov't name out...lol)

it's funny how 12 YEARS LATER...i STILL gotta preach the same things...but i LOVE my people....hope you guys enjoy!

you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    Def gonna listen and watch later. Go Nikki!

Random...do you like Toni Blackman?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    Def gonna listen and watch later. Go Nikki!

Random...do you like Toni Blackman?

from Freestyle Union??? yes...very talented female

she actually was at that show.....the event lasted several weeks....and we had different theme nights...i have been blessed to work with so many talented women

Invincible performed as well....are you familiar with her?....she is a rapper
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

Credits
    It was deep... but so is your voice... Damn! You look half-way decent...

Credits
    god akks.... smh... must you be so obnoxious...

nice poem nikki
    NikkiGiovanni likes this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    I only listened to the first poem and this is what i think about it:

That poem was very very nice....I was vibzing with you right that minute.

I want tuh hear some positive sh*t too....and too bad the sisters weren't listening even 12 years ago about the process hair being a result of their processed minds...they done took it to another level.

Well done.
    I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by A.K.K.S. View Post
    It was deep... but so is your voice... Damn! You look half-way decent...
    my voice is my power....that's why i intimidate many...gimme a stage and a mic...and it's a wrap

like i said in the other thread yesterday.....the poetry scene is very male dominated...and most females was doing poems like this

seemed very "victim-ish" to me.....i felt like i had to come from a place of power...i was more on some Black Ice shit

when they was scouting for this show...they cut the sound on my mic...i guess my voice was too "deep" for a female...stepped off the stage and Black Ice was like "damn sis, you got a lotta shit with you"....lmao....i will never forget that moment....mind you, i toned down my political voice, and did a breakup poem.....i just wasn't a victim in the poem

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dedetriniking View Post
    I only listened to the first poem and this is what i think about it:

That poem was very very nice....I was vibzing with you right that minute.

I want tuh hear some positive sh*t too....and too bad the sisters weren't listening even 12 years ago about the process hair being a result of their processed minds...they done took it to another level.

Well done.
    thanks........listening to those other poets too...it seems that nothing has changed

Credits
    Wow, very nice!

Clearly you are intune with the issues and you were able to convey your ideas, thoughts with an emotional felt delivery !

Credits
    U still doin readings Mocha?
    Hibernation is a covert preparation for a more overt action.

Credits
    It was really nice Nikki!
    Chen ki jap pa mde!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socapineman View Post
    Wow, very nice!

Clearly you are intune with the issues and you were able to convey your ideas, thoughts with an emotional felt delivery !
    thanks...i was VERY militant back in those days...lol....did lots of work in the community

Quote Originally Posted by Collie4Nyah View Post
    U still doin readings Mocha?
    every once in a blue moon....last year, i dropped in on the Toronto spoken word scene (they got some decent poets up there) got on the mic and set the mic on fire...nobody wanted to come after me....was mostly like some 20 somethings year olds....

Credits
    get it, girl! very nice job! i went to my boy's wedding last sunday (he does spoken word...that's how i met him) and of course he had some spoken word at the wedding. it was SO nice. being there and listening to your pieces makes me wanna hit up the open mic spots again like i used to do some years ago

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    from Freestyle Union??? yes...very talented female

she actually was at that show.....the event lasted several weeks....and we had different theme nights...i have been blessed to work with so many talented women

Invincible performed as well....are you familiar with her?....she is a rapper
    yes! niiiicee. she's awesome. have you read her book inner course: a plea for real love? i saw her randomly in manhattan in july or early aug but she was talking to someone so i kept it moving.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    get it, girl! very nice job! i went to my boy's wedding last sunday (he does spoken word...that's how i met him) and of course he had some spoken word at the wedding. it was SO nice. being there and listening to your pieces makes me wanna hit up the open mic spots again like i used to do some years ago

yes! niiiicee. she's awesome. have you read her book inner course: a plea for real love? i saw her randomly in manhattan in july or early aug but she was talking to someone so i kept it moving.

nope...haven't read her book....back then i used to buy poets book out of mere support but never read them....

funny thing.....i was watching some madame noire videos on youtube where they had a panel of men discussing relationships and such....i then ran into the one of the men at a lounge here in bklyn and spoke to him about the videos...he gave me a flyer to one of his upcoming events and i looked at the name and i was like why does the last name ring such a strong bell to me when the videos only referred to his first name....when i went home, i went thru my books of poetry i never read, and lo and behold, it was him....we had did a show together like 13 years ago...and i didn't even remember

but poets love when you recognize them and their work...a simple acknowledgement means a lot....next time, speak.....she is very talented...she blew my mind first time i saw her....i consider her a freestyle hip hop artist more so than a spoken word one

Credits
    oh........................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast