Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is Proof that all women are destined to be

Credits

There is Proof that all women are destined to be

Bi or Lesbians

Its normal.. so allyuh stop denying it...

Credits
    'Late-Life Lesbians' Reveal Fluidity Of Sexuality | WBUR & NPR

A woman ends her marriage of 12 years, begins dating and finds love again -- but this time, with another woman.

For many years, researchers assumed so-called "late-life lesbians" were simply repressed by society until they felt comfortable coming out. But that's not entirely the case, says Lisa Diamond, a researcher at the University of Utah who is studying whether sexuality is fluid or fixed. Diamond has been studying a group of 79 women for 15 years to track changes in their sexuality.

"It does appear to be that women's erotic desires are pretty tightly linked to their emotional feelings," she tells NPR's Guy Raz. "So for some of these women, they authentically did not feel attracted to women before they met one particular woman that they completely fell in love with."

Take Macarena Gomez-Barris, an associate professor of sociology and American studies and ethnicity at the University of Southern California. She married her husband in her early 20s, but then, like more than half of married couples in America, they hit a wall. Her husband said she was working too much. She said that she knew she was but that she had to support their family. In 2007, they separated. She was 36.

"Then [I] started dating and soon found this person I was attracted to and began dating her," Gomez-Barris tells Raz.

"The feeling of attraction was strong," she says. "What made sense to me was this feeling of the magnetic pull of this person and realizing [that I had become] open to the possibility of being with another female-bodied person."

The researcher, Diamond, says it's hard to know whether the capacity for women to feel attracted to other women increases as they age.

"A safer conclusion to draw is that as time goes on, women have more opportunities to discover that capacity. They have more diverse relationships. Their life patterns change. Their careers change. They often become more expansive in their thinking, more open-minded," she says. "And I think those sorts of things can create a context in which a woman might have always had that capacity to become attracted to women, but might never have had the opportunity until she reaches a certain stage in her life."

Diamond also points out that a lot of the neurobiological pathways that are involved in sexual desire are similar -- and in some cases identical -- to the neurobiological underpinnings of romantic love.

Although we normally think about people becoming sexually attracted to someone first and then falling in love with them, she says, it can happen the other way around.

The women Diamond studied who became lesbians later in life were more confused than upset, she says. For a lot of the women, the experience was very satisfying.

"The women would say, 'I don't know what's going on, but I love this woman. I've never felt like this before,'" she says.

Diamond and other researchers are now trying to understand why some individuals have more of a capacity for fluidity than others and why some individuals' experience of their sexual orientation is so different than that of others.

"You can have a whole group of lesbian and gay and bisexual and unlabled individuals in the same room, and they all might be experiencing same-sex attractions for slightly different reasons and in slightly different ways," she says. "Now the puzzle is to figure out why that is and how to explain it developmentally." Copyright 2010 National Public Radio. To see more, visit NPR : National Public Radio : News & Analysis, World, US, Music & Arts : NPR

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Bi or Lesbians

Its normal.. so allyuh stop denying it...
    Educate them my brother

Credits
    Stop promote nastiness.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Educate them my brother
    Yuh see the article.... Women destined to be attracted to other women..

Quote Originally Posted by Georgeflash View Post
    Stop promote nastiness.
    Who promoting.. its just a reality... what u fail to realize..at the end of the day.. They are still "women" with the anatomy a normal man will want. So what if they kiss or lick another chick.

Roz
    Credits
    One big dutty stttttttuuupppppppppssssssssss!!!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    One big dutty stttttttuuupppppppppssssssssss!!!!!!

^^^^^^
    Get to practicing...

Roz
    Credits

^^^^^^
    Get to practicing...
    Only if I can practice on you

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Roz View Post
    Only if I can practice on you

Taj
    Credits
    TIA for my 300 credits
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    'Late-Life Lesbians' Reveal Fluidity Of Sexuality | WBUR & NPR

"It does appear to be that women's erotic desires are pretty tightly linked to their emotional feelings," she tells NPR's Guy Raz. "So for some of these women, they authentically did not feel attracted to women before they met one particular woman that they completely fell in love with."

"A safer conclusion to draw is that as time goes on, women have more opportunities to discover that capacity. They have more diverse relationships. Their life patterns change. Their careers change. They often become more expansive in their thinking, more open-minded," she says. "And I think those sorts of things can create a context in which a woman might have always had that capacity to become attracted to women, but might never have had the opportunity until she reaches a certain stage in her life."

Diamond also points out that a lot of the neurobiological pathways that are involved in sexual desire are similar -- and in some cases identical -- to the neurobiological underpinnings of romantic love.

The women Diamond studied who became lesbians later in life were more confused than upset, she says. For a lot of the women, the experience was very satisfying.

"The women would say, 'I don't know what's going on, but I love this woman. I've never felt like this before,'" she says.

: NPR[/url]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    TIA for my 300 credits
    TIA?
    for whose 300? mine or yours?

Credits
    Who promoting.. its just a reality... what u fail to realize..at the end of the day.. They are still "women" with the anatomy a normal man will want. So what if they kiss or lick another chick.
    If yuh kiss a carpet muncher yuh a lick it back.

Credits
    lol
    One step at a time

Taj
    Credits
    TIA?
    for whose 300? mine or yours?
    for you giving me 300
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast