Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: there is nothing more of a turnoff to me than......

nikkigiovanni

there is nothing more of a turnoff to me than......

meeting an African American that doesn't have a passport...how can you be in your 30s or even older and never traveled out of the U.S. and also have no desire to? that is so limiting and i don't think i could be with someone whose mind is so small...i also know some people that have never even been on an airplane...they would rather drive everywhere

i think it is crucial to your development as a human being to travel beyond your immediate regions and experience different cultures...it is also a way to connect to your brothers and sisters in the diaspora and help us understand one another

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkigiovanni View Post
    meeting an African American that doesn't have a passport...how can you be in your 30s or even older and never traveled out of the U.S. and also have no desire to? that is so limiting and i don't think i could be with someone whose mind is so small...i also know some people that have never even been on an airplane...they would rather drive everywhere

i think it is crucial to your development as a human being to travel beyond your immediate regions and experience different cultures...it is also a way to connect to your brothers and sisters in the diaspora and help us understand one another
    I find that strange also. How can you have no desire to travel, when the net is a vehicle/tool that stokes the curiosity to see what's beyond your shores.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    America isn't an island you know?
    Dat man could have seen quite a few countries without a passport.

nikkigiovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    America isn't an island you know?
    Dat man could have seen quite a few countries without a passport.
    explain?
    you mean places like puerto rico and other commonwealths of the U.S.

i understand if that is what you are referring to...but there are PLENTY african americans that have never left the continental U.S. period...and you can't reach those places like PR and such if you have never been on an airplane...trust me when i tell you there are a lot

Credits
    I think the US is a unique case. There is enough variety within its own borders for a citizen to never want to leave.

Yuh really think it's fair to say I am more sophisticated because I've been to a few countries in Europe, as opposed to the New Yorker who's been to LA, DC, Seattle, ETC.?
    It's virtually the same thing.

Spranga
    they aint got no money... where they goin?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bean View Post
    they aint got no money... where they goin?

If one can buy every jordan that come out, certainly one can save up to travel some place.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Spoogie
    wtf ? so because you love traveling every guy you meet must be into it aswell ?

If I was born in the US and lived there, id want to know all the states before going to another country.

You have these bunch of plane nerds who believe life is all about traveling around the world..Eat my shit.

nikkigiovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    I think the US is a unique case. There is enough variety within its own borders for a citizen to never want to leave.

Yuh really think it's fair to say I am more sophisticated because I've been to a few countries in Europe, as opposed to the New Yorker who's been to LA, DC, Seattle, ETC.?
    It's virtually the same thing.
    it is fair....what do you think sophistication is?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    If one can buy every jordan that come out, certainly one can save up to travel some place.
    For real.... I does sometimes hear ppl talkin bout dem don't got no money for passport and den de next week dem got Coach bag...?????????????
    Love is blind & I don't read brail...

Credits
    to some people traveling is overated, the continetal usa is what dem accustomed to so they could care less about teh outside world....

i know people who was born in trinidad and live in the usa, but only fly between usa and tnt and dem content with that

in this country dependnig on where u go your open to cultures, and lifestyles and that might be enough not to want to go a next country

nikkigiovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Murderer View Post
    wtf ? so because you love traveling every guy you meet must be into it aswell ?

If I was born in the US and lived there, id want to know all the states before going to another country.

You have these bunch of plane nerds who believe life is all about traveling around the world..Eat my shit.
    all i am saying is have a mind that extends past your immediate surroundings....some people think that traveling is taking the greyhound bus down south....you ever try to have stimulating conversation with someone that never left the ghetto? there ain't much to talk about

Spranga
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post
    arite. so add smarts to d sentence

nikkigiovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    to some people traveling is overated, the continetal usa is what dem accustomed to so they could care less about teh outside world....

i know people who was born in trinidad and live in the usa, but only fly between usa and tnt and dem content with that

in this country dependnig on where u go your open to cultures, and lifestyles and that might be enough not to want to go a next country

to me, that alone should pique your interest in traveling and getting a better understanding of the cultures surroundng you

Credits
    not rilly, the us is a huge country. however i cud never understand a person staying in a pinched island 4 the whole of their lives, without leaving. i wud feel so congested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast