Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there ever any justification for cheating?

Credits

Is there ever any justification for cheating?

If there is anyone who can provide me a legitimate reason for cheating on your significant other, they will win a prize.

Just for the record, I don't think there is one.

Awright den :)

[font color = red][font size = 4] [b] "Love is blind. Marriage is the real eye-opener." [/font]

Credits

RE: Is there ever any justification for cheating?

cause that person isnt significant anymore or significant at that point in time.

STICKMAN

There aint no reason for cheatin, just excuses...
    People say oh he/she did it first.. well i do believe 2 wrongs make a right in some cases but not with relationships... not only are you risking your life but putting youself in the way of diseases but affairs of the heart should be taken more seriously than playing tit for tat games...
    other people say he/she was not there for me when i needed and the other person provided what i needed... Well you shoulda been honest with the partner and let them know the deal and if you felt it was time to find what you need from some other shorty, be like yo, you aint there for me and i gotta move on...

But all that said, we are all human and make mistakes...

Credits

Although many people try, there is no justification for cheating... Why is it that people try to blame their girlfriend or boyfriend for their cheating?? Don't try to blame them for your lack of control!! I think cheaters make up these so called "justifications" to make themselves feel better about their actions. Once they have convinced themselves, they then try to convince others to believe their story. Although some stories are quite interesting and possibly believable...I don't buy em..This does not mean I will not forgive someone for cheating, I can and I have. But, that didn't mean that I believed the story or found any just reason for the betrayal. I was just willing to give a second chance. But, of course the relationship will never be the same after you find out someone has cheated on you.

Credits

Ichard..
    That's not a legitimate reason. If your significant other is no longer significant, then you tell them that things aren't working out. You don't cheat...

Next reason...

[font color = red][font size = 4] [b] "Love is blind. Marriage is the real eye-opener." [/font]

Credits

You're a bigger person than I...If someone has cheated on me, I don't know it. Although never is a long time, it would be REALLY, REALLY hard for me to take somebody back who cheated on me. I don't know if I can ever forgive (or forget) dat shyt.

Credits

If you have to cheat on your significant other it simply means that you have no respect for the person that you are with. I've heard men and women make the dumbest excuses for doing what they do and to me all they're really saying is that they are weak and lack self-control and respect. Ultimately if a person feels the need to cheat they have some unresolved issues that they need to address within themselves. I've been cheated on before and I decided to end the relationship because I could not trust him anymore, he destroyed my trust in him and in the relationship.

Credits

Thanks guys, you all responded just as I hoped you would (see, I know I'm always right)...this "email this thread to a friend" is a really good feature. :)

Credits

I don't cheat, I replace.

Credits

This is the way I see it, some men/women cheat because they can't be satisfied with one person. some cheat when they partner is not doing what they suppose to do, but the don't know how to end it, or they afraid that it the end it to be with someone esle it won't work out, and they feel dum afterwards. thats what I gathered up.

Lata, Trini

Credits

RE: more cropover cds...

Credits

Define cheating....

Is it simply the act of sleeping with someone other than your significant other?

Or

Ist it deeper? Like sharing intimate moments with someone, spending money on someone, going out of you way to be around someone, being emotionally attached to someone.

Cause I think there might be legitimate excuses (not reasons) depending on how you or your partner define cheating.

Kojac
    [link:double-platinum.com|Double Platinum Soundz]

http://www.double-platinum.com/images/DP%20Icons/DPAd.gif

DP Baby!!!
    "Bringing People Together Through Music"

"When I Die, If Heaven Don't Want Me, Send Me To St. Lucia"

Credits
    (please keep in mind that I am a straight male and therefore addressed the topic from the perspective that a significant other is always female)

What if (and of course I'm making this a very hypothetical, probably-will-not-ever-happen sort of scenario) you were married to a psychopathic killer but didn't realize this until after the marriage had taken place. You realize that she will probably try to kill you if you attempt to divorce her at this point, and you still love her regardless, so you don't want to take legal action to create any separation, but you can't go on living with a murderer. Instead, you decide to purposefully hurt her in an attempt to make her feel an emotional equivalent to the physical pain that she has inflicted on her victims, thereby causing her to cease her evil ways and become a generally good person. I think that in this particular scenario, cheating is justified and even so much as morally necessary.

Taj
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by mnkyman View Post
    (please keep in mind that I am a straight male and therefore addressed the topic from the perspective that a significant other is always female)

What if (and of course I'm making this a very hypothetical, probably-will-not-ever-happen sort of scenario) you were married to a psychopathic killer but didn't realize this until after the marriage had taken place. You realize that she will probably try to kill you if you attempt to divorce her at this point, and you still love her regardless, so you don't want to take legal action to create any separation, but you can't go on living with a murderer. Instead, you decide to purposefully hurt her in an attempt to make her feel an emotional equivalent to the physical pain that she has inflicted on her victims, thereby causing her to cease her evil ways and become a generally good person. I think that in this particular scenario, cheating is justified and even so much as morally necessary.

ummmm wow
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mnkyman View Post

wtf? We go hear bout u on de news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast