Thread: Tawanna Brawley's Parents Want Rape Case Reopened

Credits

Tawanna Brawley's Parents Want Rape Case Reopened

Mother and step-dad still believe daughter was victimized.

*Twenty years after her allegations of a racially charged rape became a national flashpoint, Tawana Brawley's mother and stepfather are looking to reopen the case, the New York Daily News reported.

Glenda Brawley and Ralph King are pressing Gov. Eliot Spitzer and state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to re-examine the November 1987 incident, which a state grand jury ultimately concluded was a hoax.

"New York State owes my daughter. They owe her the truth," said Glenda Brawley. She reiterated her stance that her daughter was indeed raped by a group of white men who smeared her with feces and scrawled racial epithets on her body.

A spokesman for Spitzer said his office was not aware of any formal request from the family. The governor's office is not normally involved in investigating crime.

Brawley was 15 when she went missing for four days from her home in Wappingers Falls, about 75 miles north of New York City. After being found, she made the shocking allegation that she had been abducted and raped by six white law enforcement officials.

The case quickly made headlines and drew the attention of the Rev. Al Sharpton, who became an outspoken advocate for the teen. But a special state grand jury found evidence Brawley had fabricated her story. A former Dutchess County prosecutor who had been implicated in the case later sued Brawley, Sharpton and other Brawley advisers for defamation, winning a $345,000 judgment against the advisers and a $185,000 judgment against Brawley. Sharpton was held liable for $65,000 in the case.

Brawley, meanwhile, has changed her name and become a nurse, the Daily News reported.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    Oh puleeze! They better spare themselves the embarrassment. There are at least 4 ppl that I know of that are adults now and would testify that that chick was at a party that night. I don't think even Al Sharpton would touch this one again.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Oh puleeze! They better spare themselves the embarrassment. There are at least 4 ppl that I know of that are adults now and would testify that that chick was at a party that night. I don't think even Al Sharpton would touch this one again.

Not even with a 10ft. pressing comb.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky eyes View Post

Credits

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    oh lord @ this topic
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits

FACTS about the Tawana Brawley case

Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    There are at least 4 ppl that I know of that are adults now and would testify that that chick was at a party that night

GOOD!

Tell your friends to GET READY for Subpeonas.......

.....and be ready to IDENTIFY those Present at the Party
    http://www.reinstatealtonmaddox.com/tbrawleyfaq.htm