Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: *takes deep breath* i want to ask all of you guys (male and female) a question

Credits

*takes deep breath* i want to ask all of you guys (male and female) a question

why is it that i rub you guys the wrong way?

sometimes i try to ask in depth questions, as it pertains to male and female relationships....and i THINK i try to keep an open enough mind to accept all perspectives, but it seems that many people are put off by my questions and my attitude...and disregard what it is that i have to say all together

i am noticing it between all the boards that i post on...so i am asking a REAL question as to what am i projecting that is so negative? because i truly want to change my approach so that dialogue can be had more freely....because i am always willing to learn

i always speak honestly about my personal experiences in an effort to try to substantiate my perspective...but it seems that the more honest i am, the more i seem to be misunderstood....i am not above admitting that i want to learn and gain new perspective, but when i ask, i am met with automatic resistance...and i would like to know why?

men, don't answer for women, and women don't answer for me....please...answer as an individual
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    i never correspond with u dat much i dont think...but are you really sisters with the madonna girl?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by limintrinibwoy View Post
    i never correspond with u dat much i dont think...but are you really sisters with the madonna girl?
    yes, we are twins
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    yes, we are twins
    well i find you to be more lighthearted from what i see....so thats a plus....then again i may not be best suited to answer ur question good luck with ur quest for answers..

Credits
    you come across as a bumbling idiot, which usual means you are absent of any logic or reasoning for your position but its ok you can shroud you idiocy in the fact "you are being honest."

Credits
    Not sure if I should answer because I don't find you to be a negative person. Brash sometimes, blunt most times.... but not negative. There are maybe 2 posters that rub me the wrong way and you are not one of them.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    yes, we are twins
    explains alot...

Credits
    you don't irk me.. i see you as being who you are with all your idiosyncrasies and giving views based on your experiences.. some people may simply be put off by some things that you have disclosed by yourself- sexuality, sexual health, experiences etc.. and thus cannot seperate your mind from your lifestyle so they need to put you in a box in order to deal with you.. if you overlay whatever you're saying to me with a particular sense of derision or whatever, i'll address it and move on.. i dont try to change people, i take them for what they are.. some people simply cannot deal with somebody they cannot understand or don't wish to find common ground with..
    rayt2009 and Colors like this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bhalistix View Post
    you come across as a bumbling idiot, which usual means you are absent of any logic or reasoning for your position but its ok you can shroud you idiocy in the fact "you are being honest."
    ok....i appreciate that....so, i am inarticulate and stupid?

i use personal experience to substantiate my perspective.....should i perhaps use something else when attempting to give my opinion?

Credits
    hi nikki

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    Not sure if I should answer because I don't find you to be a negative person. Brash sometimes, blunt most times.... but not negative. There are maybe 2 posters that rub me the wrong way and you are not one of them.
    so does me being brash and blunt, take away from the opinions that i attempt to express? does it negate my opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    you don't irk me.. i see you as being who you are with all your idiosyncrasies and giving views based on your experiences.. some people may simply be put off by some things that you have disclosed by yourself- sexuality, sexual health, experiences etc.. and thus cannot seperate your mind from your lifestyle so they need to put you in a box in order to deal with you.. if you overlay whatever you're saying to me with a particular sense of derision or whatever, i'll address it and move on.. i dont try to change people, i take them for what they are.. some people simply cannot deal with somebody they cannot understand or don't wish to find common ground with..
    lol...i asked for people to speak for themselves...but it's ok

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jolie View Post
    hi nikki
    lol...hello

Credits
    ok....i appreciate that....so, i am inarticulate and stupid?

i use personal experience to substantiate my perspective.....should i perhaps use something else when attempting to give my opinion?

i don't think you have a problem articulating yourself. nor is the anything wrong with using personal experience as a position from which to argue or state your position. The problem lies in making your personal experience the apex of your position, not giving room to you experience being exclusive to you, or being in the minority.

PS: i don't think you are negative either.

Credits
    i am speaking for myself.. you can be crazy, outspoken, overshare, be wild and on some other shit type of levels.. but i have friends who are all of those things and more so they dont bother me...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bhalistix View Post
    i don't think you have a problem articulating yourself. nor is the anything wrong with using personal experience as a position from which to argue or state your position. The problem lies in making your personal experience the apex of your position, not giving room to you experience being exclusive to you, or being in the minority.

PS: i don't think you are negative either.
    i don't think i do that...but ok...i think i ASK more than anything...and i try not to force my opinions down people throats without being open to their perspective...but if that is what you see then fair enough

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast