Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 145
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: *takes deep breath* i want to ask all of you guys (male and female) a question

  1. #1
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244

    *takes deep breath* i want to ask all of you guys (male and female) a question

    why is it that i rub you guys the wrong way?

    sometimes i try to ask in depth questions, as it pertains to male and female relationships....and i THINK i try to keep an open enough mind to accept all perspectives, but it seems that many people are put off by my questions and my attitude...and disregard what it is that i have to say all together

    i am noticing it between all the boards that i post on...so i am asking a REAL question as to what am i projecting that is so negative? because i truly want to change my approach so that dialogue can be had more freely....because i am always willing to learn

    i always speak honestly about my personal experiences in an effort to try to substantiate my perspective...but it seems that the more honest i am, the more i seem to be misunderstood....i am not above admitting that i want to learn and gain new perspective, but when i ask, i am met with automatic resistance...and i would like to know why?

    men, don't answer for women, and women don't answer for me....please...answer as an individual
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  2. #2
    ah like chupidness limintrinibwoy's Avatar limintrinibwoy is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In meh skin
    Posts
    16,220
    Credits
    3,976,977
    i never correspond with u dat much i dont think...but are you really sisters with the madonna girl?

  3. #3
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by limintrinibwoy View Post
    i never correspond with u dat much i dont think...but are you really sisters with the madonna girl?
    yes, we are twins
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  4. #4
    ah like chupidness limintrinibwoy's Avatar limintrinibwoy is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In meh skin
    Posts
    16,220
    Credits
    3,976,977
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    yes, we are twins
    well i find you to be more lighthearted from what i see....so thats a plus....then again i may not be best suited to answer ur question good luck with ur quest for answers..

  5. #5
    It is I bhalistix's Avatar bhalistix is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    8,600
    Credits
    18,481,290
    you come across as a bumbling idiot, which usual means you are absent of any logic or reasoning for your position but its ok you can shroud you idiocy in the fact "you are being honest."

  6. #6
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Not sure if I should answer because I don't find you to be a negative person. Brash sometimes, blunt most times.... but not negative. There are maybe 2 posters that rub me the wrong way and you are not one of them.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  7. #7
    It is I bhalistix's Avatar bhalistix is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    8,600
    Credits
    18,481,290
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    yes, we are twins
    explains alot...

  8. #8
    Notchilous ladyrastafari's Avatar ladyrastafari is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maison de L'Amitie, Palm Beach
    Posts
    46,039
    Credits
    181,803,372
    you don't irk me.. i see you as being who you are with all your idiosyncrasies and giving views based on your experiences.. some people may simply be put off by some things that you have disclosed by yourself- sexuality, sexual health, experiences etc.. and thus cannot seperate your mind from your lifestyle so they need to put you in a box in order to deal with you.. if you overlay whatever you're saying to me with a particular sense of derision or whatever, i'll address it and move on.. i dont try to change people, i take them for what they are.. some people simply cannot deal with somebody they cannot understand or don't wish to find common ground with..
    rayt2009 and Colors like this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

    Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

    mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

  9. #9
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by bhalistix View Post
    you come across as a bumbling idiot, which usual means you are absent of any logic or reasoning for your position but its ok you can shroud you idiocy in the fact "you are being honest."
    ok....i appreciate that....so, i am inarticulate and stupid?

    i use personal experience to substantiate my perspective.....should i perhaps use something else when attempting to give my opinion?
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  10. #10
    xxii jolie's Avatar jolie is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    875
    Credits
    5,260,869
    hi nikki

  11. #11
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    Not sure if I should answer because I don't find you to be a negative person. Brash sometimes, blunt most times.... but not negative. There are maybe 2 posters that rub me the wrong way and you are not one of them.
    so does me being brash and blunt, take away from the opinions that i attempt to express? does it negate my opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    you don't irk me.. i see you as being who you are with all your idiosyncrasies and giving views based on your experiences.. some people may simply be put off by some things that you have disclosed by yourself- sexuality, sexual health, experiences etc.. and thus cannot seperate your mind from your lifestyle so they need to put you in a box in order to deal with you.. if you overlay whatever you're saying to me with a particular sense of derision or whatever, i'll address it and move on.. i dont try to change people, i take them for what they are.. some people simply cannot deal with somebody they cannot understand or don't wish to find common ground with..
    lol...i asked for people to speak for themselves...but it's ok
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  12. #12
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by jolie View Post
    hi nikki
    lol...hello
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  13. #13
    It is I bhalistix's Avatar bhalistix is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    8,600
    Credits
    18,481,290
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    ok....i appreciate that....so, i am inarticulate and stupid?

    i use personal experience to substantiate my perspective.....should i perhaps use something else when attempting to give my opinion?

    i don't think you have a problem articulating yourself. nor is the anything wrong with using personal experience as a position from which to argue or state your position. The problem lies in making your personal experience the apex of your position, not giving room to you experience being exclusive to you, or being in the minority.

    PS: i don't think you are negative either.

  14. #14
    Notchilous ladyrastafari's Avatar ladyrastafari is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maison de L'Amitie, Palm Beach
    Posts
    46,039
    Credits
    181,803,372
    i am speaking for myself.. you can be crazy, outspoken, overshare, be wild and on some other shit type of levels.. but i have friends who are all of those things and more so they dont bother me...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

    Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

    mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

  15. #15
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by bhalistix View Post
    i don't think you have a problem articulating yourself. nor is the anything wrong with using personal experience as a position from which to argue or state your position. The problem lies in making your personal experience the apex of your position, not giving room to you experience being exclusive to you, or being in the minority.

    PS: i don't think you are negative either.
    i don't think i do that...but ok...i think i ASK more than anything...and i try not to force my opinions down people throats without being open to their perspective...but if that is what you see then fair enough
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •