Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Syrians/Lebanese are the Jews of the Caribbean

Credits

Syrians/Lebanese are the Jews of the Caribbean

Agree or disagree?
    "Move bitc h, get out the way!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw429JGL5zo

"Does Gyptian - hold yuh tune means anything to you ? Do you zoom in or hug the monitor ?"

" Mr Jerktennisarmgalclownwirelesspusigettingnerd

kilobytes couldn't breed ladyspranga and it won't be breeding any gal.."

Credits
    They might be a bit more devious.........or maybe its my perception
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Just for clarification, this thread was inspired by this one:
    Why do jewish people own everything

"Does Gyptian - hold yuh tune means anything to you ? Do you zoom in or hug the monitor ?"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglorious Bastard View Post
    They might be a bit more devious.........or maybe its my perception
    in what way?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by direct_effect View Post
    in what way?
    illegal activities on the side involving contraband...........but like I said maybe its perception and easier to see on an island as opposed to the Tri-State area.........but then again them Rabbis been brining ecstasy into the country and their motherland is big on arms so im sure they have a lot of shit going on too.........dem have d same fadda so is 2 peas in a pod I guess..............
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Agree or disagree?

disagree. In fact, in the states the stereotypes of Jews have been transferred to west Indian blacks.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmayling View Post
    disagree. In fact, in the states the stereotypes of Jews have been transferred to west Indian blacks.
    how so?

Credits
    Not sure. The syrian/lebanese do own alot of businesses as opposed to africans in Haiti but there are jews there too so .... I get what you are saying though.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Credits
    how so?
    WI are the most successful black group in the US. We are disproportionally represented in business, home ownership, professionals, percentage in college.etc. This froma group thats less than 5 % of the black population, based on the last figures I read .

Credits
    Depends on how one is viewing things.

Also Africans are the most educated immigrant group overall (even over Asians) in the U.S. and thus may be the most successful black group as well.

Credits
    i confused.. isn't he asking whether you agree with syrians/lebanese being the Jews in the Caribbean.. what does this have to do with WI blacks in the States?? just curious..

and as for the original question - yes, i agree.. syrians own lots of businesses in the caribbean from the random cloth store to the conglomerates like Ansa McAl that operate within the Caribbean and the US.. they send their children to the best schools and the children are expected to take over the family business or start a business of their own... some marry distant cousins (i knew two people who had the same last name and got married) and some go abroad to get a spouse from Syria/Lebanon.... and they tend to have larger families.. all the ones i know Sabgas, Moses, Mansoors, Abouds... have a couple children well.. and they are generally a very close knit and family oriented community..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    i confused.. isn't he asking whether you agree with syrians/lebanese being the Jews in the Caribbean.. what does this have to do with WI blacks in the States?? just curious..

and as for the original question - yes, i agree.. syrians own lots of businesses in the caribbean from the random cloth store to the conglomerates like Ansa McAl that operate within the Caribbean and the US.. they send their children to the best schools and the children are expected to take over the family business or start a business of their own... some marry distant cousins (i knew two people who had the same last name and got married) and some go abroad to get a spouse from Syria/Lebanon.... and they tend to have larger families.. all the ones i know Sabgas, Moses, Mansoors, Abouds... have a couple children well.. and they are generally a very close knit and family oriented community..

The stereotypes of Jews were transferred to Syrian WI to find out if we felt the same about that group in the caribbean as we do about Jews. I disagreed and pointed out that the stereotypes of Jews in general were transferred to the WI blacks in the states.
    Maybe the OP should not have lumped WI countries together. In Jamaica and abroad, the jamaican Jews are mostly mixed or black, and the Syrians live in the same areas with Blacks of the same social level.The Syrians tend to gravitate to certain profession like the chines and Black jamaicans

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmayling View Post
    The stereotypes of Jews were transferred to Syrian WI to find out if we felt the same about that group in the caribbean as we do about Jews. I disagreed and pointed out that the stereotypes of Jews in general were transferred to the WI blacks in the states.
    Maybe the OP should not have lumped WI countries together. In Jamaica and abroad, the jamaican Jews are mostly mixed or black, and the Syrians live in the same areas with Blacks of the same social level.The Syrians tend to gravitate to certain profession like the chines and Black jamaicans

from the OP's question, I inferred that he was asking whether the Syrians/Lebanese in the caribbean hold a similar position to the Jews in the US - basically rich, money makers who wield a lot of power... i didn't see anything remotely linked to black WI in the US.. but i think i vaguely get what you're talking about..

maybe it's different in Jamaica.. in Trinidad, the Syrians are very Jew-esque.. they dont play when it comes to their cash and they own everything! lol
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Toppa_Toppa

No...not really...I mean they go away for University, but not to the best schools. And don't many of them go to the International schools? Those aren't the best schools in Trinidad. And...they tend not to be amongst the 'brightest'...I'm trying to be delicate here.

Credits
    from the OP's question, I inferred that he was asking whether the Syrians/Lebanese in the caribbean hold a similar position to the Jews in the US - basically rich, money makers who wield a lot of power... i didn't see anything remotely linked to black WI in the US.. but i think i vaguely get what you're talking about..

maybe it's different in Jamaica.. in Trinidad, the Syrians are very Jew-esque.. they dont play when it comes to their cash and they own everything! lol
    the majority of Jews in the US are not rich, money makers who wield a lot of power in the states. Its the christian evangelist who support the Jews that pushes their political agendas. what you will see is the professions that the Jews tend to gravitate to you will find the WI. Medicine, law, engineering ,home ownership, small business,clannishness of supporting WI businesses, etc.

As far as your jew-esques comment,I hear that when people talk about Jamaicans or jewmaicans negatively.Sometime switching to WI in general.We took away their jobs.Simple transference of a stereotype from one group to the next..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast