Thread: Suspended 14-year-old shoots 4, then kills himself at school

Credits

Suspended 14-year-old shoots 4, then kills himself at school

BY HELEN KENNEDY
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 4:00 AM

A Cleveland 14-year-old who threatened to shoot up his school in retaliation for a beating did just that Wednesday, opening fire on teachers and students before killing himself.

Asa Coon, who was suspended from school for fighting Monday, walked into SuccessTech Academy with two guns, one in each hand, and blasted away as he strode down a fourth-floor hallway.

Two male teachers and two male students were hit but the gunman was the only fatality. A 14-year-old girl was hurt in the panicked stampede.

"I knew that dude was crazy," a classmate told TV reporters. "We used to say he going to come one day and shoot us up - but we never knew it was really going to happen."

Coon, a "Goth" who decked himself out in black nail polish, a trench coat and Marilyn Manson T-shirts, and who claimed to worship the Devil, had been beaten up for saying "f--- God," one student said.

Afterward, "he said he would shoot everybody dead," 10th-grader Aaron King told the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

"He's constantly yelling at his mom," neighbor Rachel Metzger told the paper. "He's pretty violent."

His rampage lasted less than three minutes. Coon shot himself before police arrived at the school, Cleveland Police Chief Mike McGrath said.

Coon was one of the handful of white students at the mostly black school for 250 high-achieving teenagers with a talent for technology. It's partly funded by Bill Gates. All 59 of last year's seniors went to college.

The scene at the school has become painfully familiar: Frantic parents running, shocked teens locked in group hugs or crying into cell phones, cops massing, stretchers coming out of schoolhouse doors.

King said he and his entire math class spent an hour huddled in a bathroom, hiding from a gunman they didn't know was already dead. "There must have been 40 kids or more in there. People were scared."

hkennedy@nydailynews.com

With News Wire Services
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits

Red face

what a crazy society,where living in
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    summbaddy post dis already

Credits
    None of this suprises me anymore
    MY SQUADS:

NBA -LAKERS
    EPL/CL - MAN U
    NCAA BB - UCONN
    NCAA FB - FLORIDA ST
    NFL - RAMS
    MLB - BRAVES
    NHL - PENS

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    summbaddy post dis already
    so bite me
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    blame it on bad parenting, video games, bad schools, and the incredible ease of getting guns.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by RotiKing2004eva View Post
    blame it on bad parenting, video games, bad schools, and the incredible ease of getting guns.
    the school he went to has a 94% grad rate, much higher than the district it is in. from what i see, he didn't fit in at school. Being a white goth who was into rock and didn't believe in God in a school that was predominantly black. Also, he seemed to be a nut, he was always talking about blowing up the school. I mean, he many have just been crazy.

Credits
    CNN now say he snapped over an argument over belief in god and the he eh believe in God and worshipped Marilyn Manson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trini gone Mad View Post
    CNN now say he snapped over an argument over belief in god and the he eh believe in God and worshipped Marilyn Manson
    ah...let the blameshifting begin

Credits
    I hear there was another shooting in Pennsylvania today.
    West Indian T-shirts & More: www.wiCulture.com
    Like it on Facebook: facebook.com/wiculturetees

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by direct_effect View Post
    the school he went to has a 94% grad rate, much higher than the district it is in. from what i see, he didn't fit in at school. Being a white goth who was into rock and didn't believe in God in a school that was predominantly black. Also, he seemed to be a nut, he was always talking about blowing up the school. I mean, he many have just been crazy.
    What you mean he Crazy.................The MudderfuKKKing YanKKKee Philosophy for problem solving is TO BLOW IT UP!!!!!