Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Summer trips

Credits
    I didn't go anywhere but in the US... next year i'll be traveling more. needed a rest from last year!
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt file View Post
    ZA was really nice.

Reminded me a lot of Trinidad.

It was also really cheap when it came to food.

1US = 10rand

The clothes were pretty much the same price as in the US when converted.

Apartheid was still visble. Majority of the ppl that lived in the city were the Afrikans and the "Colors" ppl that are mixed with black and white, and majority of the blacks still live in the townships. The Afrikans thought I was a "colored" so they were more friendly with me initially and was giving my home boy the side eye because he is dark skinned so they thought he was a native but when they heard us speak with the american accent they became friendly. This was in capetown, in Jo burg was the opposite. They looked at me like im crazy and was more friendly towards him lol

Went on one wine tour but it started raining that day so basically stayed in doors. the wines were good though.

Did the diving with the white sharks, that was fun.

I would def recommend visiting.
    cool. I was looking at tours with kruger, but it look too much like Disney world. I'm thinking of doing Zanzibar/Tanzania instead.
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    would you visit again? what stood out to you the most? what was the highlight? is there anything you wish you would've done while there, but didn't get the chance to do so?
    I would def visit again.

what stood out? hmm a lot of ish stood out lol. i think the vast amount of whites that live there.

high light? uhh probably the safari tour that i went on.

wish i had went to a township and robin island.
    Im intoxicated and my speevg gettgdgget.... sorry. And my speech getting complicated

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Missmayling View Post
    cool. I was looking at tours with kruger, but it look too much like Disney world. I'm thinking of doing Zanzibar/Tanzania instead.
    I heard Kruger is nice. you can actually go there on your own with your own vehicle.

i didnt go kruger because they said you can catch malaria from there.

i went to aquilla instead.
    Im intoxicated and my speevg gettgdgget.... sorry. And my speech getting complicated

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONESS onda RISE View Post
    We will go to Arizona for a family reunion July 4 weekend
    NY and Marthas Vinyard in June -
    CARIBANA - withought the kiddies
    Costa Rica in October
    man...I really thought I was gonna do all of this stuff..lol..anywhoo, we had fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    The vineyard is on my list..... Do u go to oak bluffs
    i will stay there the next time..whole time in that area, i was always looking around for the black people..its like, WTF...but i heard all the black people were in Oaks Bluff..When people heard we were from DC..we heard about the black elite ...Washingtonians that frequent oaks bluff..

not sure what you are into, but if you don't have a family and you are not hoity toity and boring...stay away from Marthas vineyard..i mean, wait util you have a wife and kid and wanna chill. i mean, the water is FREEZING and its toooo much white people and half the town is "dry"...its was pretty and relaxing, but the kids wanted to be in Jamaica

i still have to go Carabana...and Costa Rica..(next year costa rica is on the family reunion list)...so, hopefully we get there
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Credits
    ZA was really nice.

Reminded me a lot of Trinidad.

It was also really cheap when it came to food.

1US = 10rand

The clothes were pretty much the same price as in the US when converted.

Apartheid was still visble. Majority of the ppl that lived in the city were the Afrikans and the "Colors" ppl that are mixed with black and white, and majority of the blacks still live in the townships. The Afrikans thought I was a "colored" so they were more friendly with me initially and was giving my home boy the side eye because he is dark skinned so they thought he was a native but when they heard us speak with the american accent they became friendly. This was in capetown, in Jo burg was the opposite. They looked at me like im crazy and was more friendly towards him lol

Went on one wine tour but it started raining that day so basically stayed in doors. the wines were good though.

Did the diving with the white sharks, that was fun.

I would def recommend visiting.
    WOW!! you had quite a trip...my mom spend a couple week in Pretoria and Johannesburg...she is really, really dark skinned, but she never mentioned anything about the colorist thing...she loved it there. she said the food was really good..(they and a lil hiccup at the airport upon arrival, but she had a lovely time...she wants to visit Zimbabwe for some kinda famous water fall thing..but not me..lol

Credits
    WOW!! you had quite a trip...my mom spend a couple week in Pretoria and Johannesburg...she is really, really dark skinned, but she never mentioned anything about the colorist thing...she loved it there. she said the food was really good..(they and a lil hiccup at the airport upon arrival, but she had a lovely time...she wants to visit Zimbabwe for some kinda famous water fall thing..but not me..lol
    maybe it was just the ppl we ran into...

and eh the food wasnt really anything to talk about. they eat a lot of wild game

impala, kudo, ostrich, alligator...they were good but their cuisine in general wasnt anything special.

Credits

and eh the food wasnt really anything to talk about. they eat a lot of wild game

impala, kudo, ostrich, alligator...they were good but their cuisine in general wasnt anything special.
    Wild game? Umm.. Even in her lil swanky hotel? cya I don't have her eating anything u mentioned.

Credits
    I aint goin no where for like the next 10 months or so... trying to make some moves and i need to stack paper
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits

Nice to see you enjoyed the trip man. I stayed in Cape Town for my visit and you must had a jammed schedule to miss out on going to the island. The local food was a bit difficult to find as most of the places I went for dinner had a very european menu. Trying to do New Years in Sydney.
    Corrupt file likes this.
    If there wasn't any bad parents then there wouldn't be any good strip clubs... Think about it!!!

Credits
    i went to dr, panama, new orleans, the keys, and ny this past summer
    LIONESS onda RISE likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    i went to dr, panama, new orleans, the keys, and ny this past summer
    wow!! which was your favorite? any pics?..ive always wanted to visit new Orleans. people say its not quite the same from the storm, but i still want see it

Credits
    wow!! which was your favorite? any pics?..ive always wanted to visit new Orleans. people say its not quite the same from the storm, but i still want see it
    I'll post some later. I had the most fun in N.O, good food, good jazz, friendly people. DR is the best caribbean destination imo, way more activities than most of the other islands and alot of beautiful people. Plus they keep the mamajuana flowin lol
    LIONESS onda RISE likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    I'll post some later. I had the most fun in N.O, good food, good jazz, friendly people. DR is the best caribbean destination imo, way more activities than most of the other islands and alot of beautiful people. Plus they keep the mamajuana flowin lol
    going to NO for new years. any club or restaurant recommendations?

do u recommend staying on bourbon street or renting out a house? its gonna be a group of us

Credits
    going to NO for new years. any club or restaurant recommendations?

do u recommend staying on bourbon street or renting out a house? its gonna be a group of us
    If you stay on bourbon you'll be in the center of everything so it depends on if youll have a car/mind taking the streetcar.

For food i went to commanders palace which is a 5 star restaurant that isn't that expensive, best service i've had at a restaurant, food didnt make sense it was so good.

Theres too much good food down there to choose from, ################ey brennans bourbon house, galotoires, willie mays scotch house, acne oysters, johnny poboy, royal house, etc
    Corrupt file likes this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast