Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: success without material possessions

Spoogie

success without material possessions

I was just about to take a nap and put on this urban radio promo album august and heard this drake song saying he wants to be successful, have all the clothes and shit.

And it got me thinking, what should represent success ?

oopz colo ..sleepy.

Poca
    success is when someone feels he has reach his full potential. Or when someone was able to achieved a specific goal.

Success is also a state of mind. Some people never see themselves as successful, therefore they are always thriving for more, even if others consider them to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Murderer View Post
    I was just about to take a nap and put on this urban radio promo album august and heard this drake song saying he wants to be successful, have all the clothes and shit.

oopz colo ..sleepy.

Credits

oopz colo ..sleepy.

You are such a B1tch.....

can't take ur on HEAT...pu$$y.

Why, you delete the fcukin' thread?
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

nikkigiovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post
    success is when someone feels he has reach his full potential. Or when someone was able to achieved a specific goal.

Success is also a state of mind. Some people never see themselves as successful, therefore they are always thriving for more, even if others consider them to be successful.
    pretty much

Spoogie
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post

I wonder why some people reach their full potential when they are able to buy whatever they please.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post

You are such a B1tch.....

can't take ur on HEAT...pu$$y.

Why, you delete the fcukin' thread?
    I'm really curious about this... If you can't respond in accordance to the topic ignore the thread.

Credits
    wow
    intellectuality
    LOL

Spoogie
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkigiovanni View Post
    pretty much
    Is the bar too high or too low ?

And why so many people believe they need material things to be successful ?

If 1 percent of Americans make more than 400 grand per year, and it takes 5 million to be rich today, what does this mean to the 99 percent of people who want to be successful - most by having wealth.

They just accept failure ?

Credits
    I'm really curious about this... If you can't respond in accordance to the topic ignore the thread.
    That sound quite urkel'ish.....

Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Spoogie
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    That sound quite urkel'ish.....
    I am worse than that... urkle could pick up more women than me and punch harder.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    Is the bar too high or too low ?

And why so many people believe they need material things to be successful ?

If 1 percent of Americans make more than 400 grand per year, and it takes 5 million to be rich today, what does this mean to the 99 percent of people who want to be successful - most by having wealth.

They just accept failure ?
    IMHO riches and possessions don't equal wealth. I have friends who are professors, attorneys and Police officers and they consider themselves successful because they've achieved their goals.

here's a question for everyone, is an heiress or heir successful - or just rich?
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    I wonder why some people reach their full potential when they are able to buy whatever they please.

What Poca said about it being a state of mind is true...how you perceive success depends on what your aims are in life...so if you don't care about the material and your aim is..say to better the world or achieve certain scholarly goals, then you may not have a pot to piss in but consider yourself successful. I think the majority of ppl measure success by quality of life and material things are often tied into that...doesn't necessarily mean that those ppl are materialistic/shallow..just that they want to be able to have certain things and be comfortable and provide those things for their family. At the end of the day we can all admit that life is much more pleasant when you have money.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Spoogie
    Is it okay to ever say, Ive been a success and I can relax ?

If it's perception, what happens when you're perceived by others as a failure even tho you're happy with yourself ?

Should success be obvious and visible ? Material assets will display this ?

If the opinion of others is irrelevant, why does anyone have their own idea of what success is. Should success even exist ?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandy 2.0 View Post
    IMHO riches and possessions don't equal wealth. I have friends who are professors, attorneys and Police officers and they consider themselves successful because they've achieved their goals.

here's a question for everyone, is an heiress or heir successful - or just rich?
    Just rich. But the heiress/heir may set out to better the world w/ their wealth and be successful in that.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Just rich. But the heiress/heir may set out to better the world w/ their wealth and be successful in that.

Or just play d ass like Paris Hilton.
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits

1. Is it okay to ever say, Ive been a success and I can relax ?

2. If it's perception, what happens when you're perceived by others as a failure even tho you're happy with yourself ?

3. Should success be obvious and visible ? Material assets will display this ?

4. If the opinion of others is irrelevant, why does anyone have their own idea of what success is. Should success even exist ?
    I think so. If your aim is to say.. reach a certain educational level, make a certain amt of money and invest it in such a way to leave something for the the next generation of your family and you accomplish all of that, I see nothing wrong w/ saying you're going to spend the rest of life relaxing, traveling, enjoying your kids/grandkids, donating your time etc. We spend the majority of our lives working, studying, trying to achieve...I believe it should all lead somewhere.

2. To some ppl they're not successful unless they have status..status and success are two different things. Those ppl imo will never be completely happy because there will always be someone to outdo you.

3. nope, again status is something different. Of course if a person is doing well and they like to be comfy that will be visible..but you have some ppl who are well off and choose to live like they have nothing.

4. don't really understand what you're asking in this one.

-Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast