Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: study shows black women abused by men more than any other race

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bago20 View Post
    But who are doing these studies? Do you know the countless of FALSE reports that are reported to babylon just because the woman was catching a b!tch fit? I mean come on.
    from my personal experience/what i have seen, i would say its probably accurate. my neighbors on both sides beat their wifes, aunt gets beat by her hubby, i have seen random men beat dey women in a fete/ outa road

..but then again, i dont hang around as many white folks so not sure how they REALLY livin

Credits
    Well that is their business and they are the same ones that make it much harder on us OTHER men that don't do that shit, because lets say a woman just came out of an abusive relationship, you know 8 times outta 10 dem doe really recover from that when dey jump inna next relationship, no matter how long the relationship has ended, many of them would have this assumption that the new dude could possibly be the same way as her ex, and other dudes would have to catch dem ass trying to make her feel comfortable or try to make her open up some more when in most cases that shit seems for ever. I doe feel OTHER men such as you n me have to clean up after some punk ass ####################s mess. Anyway, dem woman need to know and understand dey worth because it makes no sense for men who are genuine have to be placed under a microscope just because of what one loser did to her. Normally stuff like that chases aware decent brothers who are not with the violence thing.
    and thats how we are involved. even if we try to stay clear, we are caught up in the foolishness to some degree.

Links30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    from my personal experience/what i have seen, i would say its probably accurate. my neighbors on both sides beat their wifes, aunt gets beat by her hubby, i have seen random men beat dey women in a fete/ outa road

..but then again, i dont hang around as many white folks so not sure how they REALLY livin
    Jed, just dey othda day around my area right, dis dude went into Medgar evers college and dragged his woman by the hair n ting out onto the street all the way to Carol street. Dude pulled out ah gun n threaten ppl he go shoot dem if dey interfere, so does dude have to have a gun in the first place while he dragging his woman for blocks outta class? Sometimes you does have to wonder don't some of these females KNOW the TYPE of men dey getting dem self involved with? My answer is, many of them think they can tell a person by who they are in 5 mins and they usually put themselves into that mess, all because dey gurl was talking to another male classmate, that shit is crazy.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    I am so tired of these "studies" I really am.

Black women most likely to remain single

Black women most likely to be obese

black women most likely to be abused

black women most likely to *insert whatever doomsday scenario here*

I am fed up because good black women with their self-worth intact and head on straight don't get a break because no thanks to these reports we are seen in the same light.

I may sound like I'm not making any sense but I don't care! That's how frustrated I am. :
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Links30
    and thats how we are involved. even if we try to stay clear, we are caught up in the foolishness to some degree.
    Dog, i learned my lessons YEARS ago, when ah female showing insecurity in herself, that would eventually spill over into the relationship and it go be nothing but problems, i cut that shit out, if a woman doe have she head on straight, i ain't trying to holla, no matter how good she looks. The headache ain't worth it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandy 2.0 View Post

I am fed up because good black women with their self-worth intact and head on straight don't get a break because no thanks to these reports we are seen in the same light.

I may sound like I'm not making any sense but I don't care! That's how frustrated I am. :
    new poll....
    black women are the most frustrated of all the races

Credits

Thank you dear now stop banging your head.

Credits
    new poll....
    black women are the most frustrated of all the races
    arse!
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Links30

I totally agree with this, because its like the same thing for genuine black men, we too get lumped into the same light with the B.S.

Credits
    arse!
    i agree with you tho...personally, i dont think the numbers are not accurate. ill bet that plenty chiney women getting their ass kicked on the regular but keep it private. same is true for middle eastern women, jewish women, italians, irish......i think overall, woman get nuff cut ass from men.....they probably get their ass kicked equally....once you take into account ecconomic status

Credits
    Hate to tell y'all this, but without these studies we would still be lumped into the same light... Dont matter what these studies say, to the "outsiders" we are all the same...

Credits
    I totally agree with this, because its like the same thing for genuine black men, we too get lumped into the same light with the B.S.
    exactly.

Enough with the reports already.

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    i agree with you tho...personally, i dont think the numbers are not accurate. ill bet that plenty chiney women getting their ass kicked on the regular but keep it private. same is true for middle eastern women, jewish women, italians, irish......i think overall, woman get nuff cut ass from men.....they probably get their ass kicked equally....once you take into account ecconomic status
    That's why I find this particular study to be faulty. Abuse is rampant in many other cultures including black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by shortsweetness View Post
    Hate to tell y'all this, but without these studies we would still be lumped into the same light... Dont matter what these studies say, to the "outsiders" we are all the same...
    no argument there but all these "studies" aren't exactly helping our image either.

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Links30
    exactly.

I swear its like white ppl does just get kicks off ah dese reports when dey dem selfs have nuff dutty laundry. stueps.

Credits
    exactly.

But even without the report, isnt domestic abuse something to be discussed? We all can probably name someone (or more) who has been abused. I dont know if abuse is more rampant in the west indian community, but I have seen too much of it amongst West Indians. People talking about in the middle of carnivals they see a man box down a woman. But for some reason, we tend to look the other way. "That's them problem" we seem to think. But the more rampant it is in our community, the more the cycle continues. So instead of getting mad at the study perhaps we should get mad at ourselves for letting the abuse continue within our community.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast