Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Strong or Weak Personalities..

Credits

Strong or Weak Personalities..

Some people have strong personalities, in that people either hate them or love them.. they have very distinct personalities that basically say.. this is who i am.. either love it or leave it... they are confident in who they are and really dont allow other people to shape their thinking. They have their opinions on issues and let them be known, without trying to curry favor with the "crowd"....They are aware of what they like and what they don't like... They don't seek to control other people.. their only focus is mastery of self..

Other people have weak personalities.. in that they are more easily influenced and seek the approval of the crowd.... they need others to "take charge" and responsiblity in various situations.. they strive to be loved by all because rejection can be crumbling to their self esteem.. They seek to keep up with the Joneses when the Joneses don't even know they live in the same neighborhood..

Now by strong personalities I don't mean people who are boorish and want to control other people.. by weak personalities i don't mean wallflowers that everybody can run roughshod over... I dont mean that at all.. the outlook is telling

Example: A person with a strong personality is asked in front of a few people why they have no children... They respond that they are not married.. More inquiry.. what does that have to do with having chilren.. Strong Personality responds "I don't want to be a baby mother".... A listener with a strong personality may respond "oh okay.. well to each his own".. a listener with a weak personality may respond "oh you so stuck up bytch! looking down on people that got kids cos they aint married!" ... why the disparity.. because the strong personality listener is aware that each person has their own desires for their own life and isnt offended because their perception of their own situation is not affected by other people.. the weaker personality feels as if they were personally slighted because they may have their own issues about being percieved as a "babymother"

So... why do weaker personalties always seem to be offended by others with strong personalities?? What kind of personality do you think you have? Do you find yourself wanting to "put people in their place" when they talk about doing something that you may feel is out of your reach/budget or giving an opinion about something? Do you care very little for what other people do with their own lives as long as they don't desire to leech your bank accounts or waste your time? Are you percieved as "looking down on people" because your opinions are not geared towards becoming a crowd favorite? Do you feel people look down on you because they express realities different from your own?
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Hadha min fadhle Rabbi Juancito Trucupey's Avatar Juancito Trucupey is offline
    Credits
    dead at "you so stuck up bytch"

i am not in the bizness of tellin other ppl how to live their lives...long as you don't come and try to ruin mine...live your's and i wil live mine..."to each their own for true.." don't kno why ppl feel the need to judge...don't like wat someone doing? shut the hell up and go the hell on w/ your life...you shouting and hollering @ them will not get them to change and they won't change their stance either...
    Beija-flor minha escola,Minha vida, meu amor

Credits
    For example some people with strong personalities on this board are Nikki, Coco, Cloud, Ananci_7, I'll have to say VP to some extent- even if he have an agenda he aint dashing it away for nobody lol.. Colossus, myself.....

people with weak personalities.. lol.. i'll leave that one alone for now..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    I have a very strong personality but I see that it can come off to be very rough/nasty/aggressive because of my body language, voice and facial expressions..........so I suppress it when it comes to things that are not important to me.......my personality on here does not count because often enough there are misinterpretations and pure fockery involved at times
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Hadha min fadhle Rabbi Juancito Trucupey's Avatar Juancito Trucupey is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglorious Bastard View Post
    I have a very strong personality but I see that it can come off to be very rough/nasty/aggressive because of my body language, voice and facial expressions..........so I suppress it when it comes to things that are not important to me.......my personality on here does not count because often enough there are misinterpretations and pure fockery involved at times
    that was going to be my next question...so b/c one comes across as a "strong personality" online does it mean it is true for real life?
    Beija-flor minha escola,Minha vida, meu amor

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglorious Bastard View Post

i can see waht you mean... lol.. i have been told that i come across as "disinterested" at times....due to my facial expression and lack of conversation.. lol.. on here.. this place is a zoo.. lol

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    half these peoples offline personality is was less intense in person. Online personalities are just a representative for that person, not theyre true personality

Credits
    i have a weak personality

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Juancito Trucupey View Post
    that was going to be my next question...so b/c one comes across as a "strong personality" online does it mean it is true for real life?
    well it depends on the person.. i recall once speaking to someone.. i remeber it well cos it was so random to me.. i said "hmm high school days were the best.. i truly enjoyed going to Convent POS"..and she became sooooooooo irritated and defensive when i said that and then subsequently barked out that "St Francois was a good school too yuh know!" .... i remember being confused cos i never said ANYTHING about any other school... i simply recalled that i enjoyed my school experience.. but for whatever reason.. maybe she had issues about the perception of her school.. she projected that unto my answer and got defensive.. ...

if the shoe were on the other foot.. i'd have probably said "me too" if i enjoyed goin to school there or "not a chance in hell" if i didnt.. not compare one school to the other.. lol.. to me.. that .. was.. weak.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    half these peoples offline personality is was less intense in person. Online personalities are just a representative for that person, not theyre true personality
    online personas are more real that offline personalities. Online people express their real views instead of trying to save face. since most people online never meet people will share things online that they would never share in person

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    Someone said once on DHR that the people they met from the site are no way half as simnilar in person.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Juancito Trucupey View Post
    lets say I have met 10 people offline from here........I mean interacted a few times........8 out of 10 of their personalities were very consistent with what it was on here.........but then again you can know someone for 15 years and they can only make you see what they want you to see.......
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    i have a weak personality
    why u say that lol.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    why u say that lol.

i care about other peoples feelings too much

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    online personas are more real that offline personalities. Online people express their real views instead of trying to save face. since most people online never meet people will share things online that they would never share in person
    lol.. i will tell people to their face whatever i say here.. i always maintained that if i cant say it to your face, why bother..

and hell to the no i aint sharing anything on here i wouldnt share in person.. this shit goes into a database to be kept around for a gooooooooooood while.. archived by google etc?? hell to the no.. in person.. your ass could forget.. it becomes a matter of hearsay.. etc.. lol.. evidence has convicted many a person..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast