Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Steupz - Why do you have Benazir Bhutto ...

Credits

Steupz - Why do you have Benazir Bhutto ...

... in your avatar when your views seem to be the exact opposite of hers based on your posts on socioeconomic issues?

Just curious.

Credits
    Wanted to brush it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Steupz View Post
    Wanted to brush it.
    What do you mean?

Credits
    How are my views different to hers. She understood the value of a good economy through capitalist infrastructure.

Credits
    How are my views different to hers. She understood the value of a good economy through capitalist infrastructure.
    She also advocated the importance of the people and their well being... that was actually her driving force, that they didn't have a true democracy and certain human rights were not present.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TweetaFineeta View Post
    She also advocated the importance of the people and their well being... that was actually her driving force, that they didn't have a true democracy and certain human rights were not present.
    Ha.
    Bhutto is your typical non white politician, conservative by deed, liberal by speech.
    But listen to yourself though, are you saying conservatives doh care bout people's well being?

Entitlements and welfare are supposed to be a bridge to somewhere. Liberals love to spend other people money to make themselves feel good.

Credits
    Sorry she was also interested in exposing political corruption and slaughteration, in addition tried to advocate US authorities to do real investigations on certain people's deaths, and who were the "executive producers" of various corrupt operations in P.a.k.istan.

Credits
    are you saying conservatives doh care bout people's well being?
    I am not talking conservative vs liberal. I am not talking democrat vs republican. I am talking about views you have expressed, vs values Benazir seemed to advocate.

Since your initial post regarding Benazir was about capitalism... let me correct you. She was about good policy which allowed for human rights, the abolition of a corrupt system, and economic opportunity in P.a.k.i.stan. She is looking at India creating new urban centers, and creating a new reality for future generations and she wanted the same for P.a.k.i.stan.

Credits
    Sorry she was also interested in exposing political corruption and slaughteration, in addition tried to advocate US authorities to do real investigations on certain people's deaths, and who were the "executive producers" of various corrupt operations in Pakistan.
    She wasn't exactly above corruption herself.
    But she also understood regulation stymies growth and innovation. And she knew privatising state companies reduced corruption/bobol and increased efficiency.
    She stood for a strong military, understanding the role of might and power. All of these things are beliefs conservatives share.
    As for helping people, Bhutto understood that there is no greater way to boost an economy than through infrastructure development. So all of that work she laid out to improve the lives of poor people were partnered with huge state contracts and international investment.

So, yeah, to answer the question, she's in my avatar because she's like the perfect woman. Good looking, intelligent, courageous and conservative.

Credits
    I am not talking conservative vs liberal. I am not talking democrat vs republican. I am talking about views you have expressed, vs values Benazir seemed to advocate.

Since your initial post regarding Benazir was about capitalism... let me correct you. She was about good policy which allowed for human rights, the abolition of a corrupt system, and economic opportunity in Pakistan. She is looking at India creating new urban centers, and creating a new reality for future generations and she wanted the same for Pakistan.
    You had to be talking that because I have yet to see a view of mine with which she differed.

Credits
    You had to be talking that because I have yet to see a view of mine with which she differed.
    I was talking about your over all position on issues, based on what the stances you chose to take in various posts where. I am assuming you understand what that means.

Credits
    So, yeah, to answer the question, she's in my avatar because she's like the perfect woman. Good looking, intelligent, courageous and conservative.
    Ah. She is perfect to you because of your perceptions of her image ... not what she was actually about.

Got it.

[ / Thread ]

Credits
    Actually last thing.

Why do you think she is dead?

Credits
    I was talking about your over all position on issues, based on what the stances you chose to take in various posts. I am assuming you understand what that means.
    Nope.
    You have to say I agreed with A and she differed with A for me to get what you're saying.

Credits
    Actually last thing.

Why do you think she is dead?
    I don't know. You can only take what experts say as far as you understand it. Unless and until you live in that type of society it's difficult to point at a reason or those reasons why she was killed.
    In Pakistan there are so many competing interests that it could be anything from being too pro Western or non secular leanings or too secular or anti military authority.
    It could be that she and her family were too corrupt.

I don't know... you tell me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast