Thread: Stay Or Come Home ?

Credits

Question Stay Or Come Home ?

Just read the post on everyone going home to Trini for carnival (PLEASE BE SAFE !!!) and a thought just crossed my mind...A friend of mine just packed up all her belongings and put it into storage. She had her ticket booked for Trini but now she is on her way to possibly fight a war...If a war should take place while you are in T&T and you have left loved ones behind(I know for sure what the answer would be if that wasn't said) :) what would you do ? Take the next flight out ? Call them and tell them to join you ? Or finally would you just ignore it and hope peace and unity comes first ?
    Think carefully now...Winin up in a band or peace of mind...
    Should be real easy except for people like Dragon of course.

Blessings.

Sugar Apple
    Great topic and point.......I am thinking...will be back shortly

Credits
    Sprang , yuh sounding like yuh not going , war cyar stop me , TNT here I come ...........The bone painted Red , White & Black , yuh done know what ah mean .....

Credits
    Uptown...Don't know if I'm going yet but I know war can't stop the carnival..You didn't answer the question regarding your loved ones if a war does break out...

Credits

Re: Stay Or Come Home ?

great, but TOUGH question.....
    my first thoughts are this.....no one i can think of in my immediate circle of friends/family would be drafted in the beginning (too old). so i think immediately there would be no threat of them being shipped off...biggest worry would be about attacks here in NY again. I'm only going to trinidad for a few weeks so I pray that not too much could happen in that time....as much as I have been joking that i got my dual citizenship so that if Bush try to get the US blown up I could leave, I know I wouldn't be able to go, as my parents wouldn't.

i'd be callin everyday while i gone, then partyin like it was my last before returning back to the US....

Originally posted by sprang
    Just read the post on everyone going home to Trini for carnival (PLEASE BE SAFE !!!) and a thought just crossed my mind...A friend of mine just packed up all her belongings and put it into storage. She had her ticket booked for Trini but now she is on her way to possibly fight a war...If a war should take place while you are in T&T and you have left loved ones behind(I know for sure what the answer would be if that wasn't said) :) what would you do ? Take the next flight out ? Call them and tell them to join you ? Or finally would you just ignore it and hope peace and unity comes first ?

Blessings.

Credits
    good question.. i had to think for a minute.. but since i'm not going to trinidad i dont think i would have any problems get in contact with my family.......but if a war was too break out, i may have to gather my family and take the next flight out to trinidad.... we can take a whine when reach.. ...i dont want be nowhere in the states when they start dropping bombs...........

Dragon

Re: Stay Or Come Home ?

Sprang I am not going ah place them cheap Islandmix people donít want to buy me ah ticket. I told uptown to take me as his CD boy but he crying broke
    Ah certain imix lady was going to buy me ah ticket but she has a man now so I guess I am not getting the ticket

Originally posted by sprang

Blessings.

Credits

Good Question

Unfortunately I am NOT going home this year for carnival but If I did, and a war broke out in the U.S. against Iraq I would probably just keep calling my family here and checking on them to see what the deal was. I would also keep my head glued to my granny's tv in Trinidad..she have cable with a million channels. I would watch CNN and all dem news channels to see if any bombs hit close to my home or states where my loved ones life. It's a pity that we have to think on these terms but from watching the State of the Union Address by Bush de other night.....we neva know

Credits
    ur are so right trinipetty, its ashame we have to think about war around this time.... Bush a** need to go fight his own war by heself...... he dont give a s#*t about us.........

Credits
    ya know na.....Especially us foreigners...he don doh like us already...ummm. dat a**hole is worse than his fadda bouy!

Credits
    YES ALLYUH COME TO SWEET TNT........NO WAR ONLY PEACE AND CARNIVAL.......A COUPLE MURDERS HERE AND DERE BUT NUTTIN BIG.

SWEET SWEET TNT!!!! HOW AH LOVE UP DIS COUNTRY!!!

Credits
    Well I guess I can answer that from a "been there done that" point of view, cause I was home in Trinidad on vacation when the planes were hijacked on 9/11; and though I don't know anyone in the military, I had to see on CNN the names of 4 friends -- 3 flight attendants and a pilot, who I knew and worked with (on that same route before) scroll by at the bottom of my TV screen as being working crew on one of the flights.... And know that there was nothing I could do from TnT.

Actually, there's a major sense of detachment when you're out of the country and not in the middle of it so to speak, and it wasn't until I got back here (which I did as soon as the Int'l routes were re-opened) that the real impact of what happened really hit me. Then I was able to greave my losses.

So I think I'd do the same as before and find the first flight back. I've already lost 4 friends to this war.

Credits

you know someting

The title of this post is very deceiving.....Especially cuz I know sprang...lol......doh study it

Credits