Thread: Starting Up Your Own Business

Credits

Starting Up Your Own Business

Anybody here ever did it? What route did you take to do so? How long did you take to obtain enough funds to do so? How did you get the funds (got friends family to invest, business loan, all yourself etc)...

For the business you started, how did you learn the ropes? the ins and outs of the business, how did you educate yourself? Did you work with someone/company in that business and learn it that way?
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    does being my own pimp count?

Credits
    you could sell soap out of your kitchen and that's a business.. you have to get into what you are good at.. and can excel at..apart from my job.. i have a writing business.. i should say i'm in the process of finalizing the setup.. i do it freelance now.. but i write poems for people for special ocassions- valentines, just because, graduation etc.. do cover letters, resumes, write reviews for parties, papers,... goin to write for some magazines.. etc...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    Anybody here ever did it? What route did you take to do so? How long did you take to obtain enough funds to do so? How did you get the funds (got friends family to invest, business loan, all yourself etc)...

For the business you started, how did you learn the ropes? the ins and outs of the business, how did you educate yourself? Did you work with someone/company in that business and learn it that way?
    Freelance copyediting business started based on my natural skills and because I couldn't work outside the home at the time due to no childcare available to work the types of jobs that were flexible around a school schedule.

Didn't need any funds just my brain, paypal, and an internet connection. Did the edits in Word's Track Changes feature and the person could accept or reject as they felt like.
    Who has eyes to see, let them see...

Credits
    I dabbled in all sorts of schemes until I realized i was only making other people richer.. Basics to any business is to have a plan. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.. Start small and dont over extend yourself too quickly...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post

What you mean by route? ..... It didn't take much to obtain the funds to do it since at the moment the business is online and the money we had to find was to build our website (still under construction) ....it is between me and two friends...

The business is in the field that I went to school for so that how I know the ins and outs so to speak as well as I have more than a few years experience in the foeld
    One step at a time