Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: St Vincent records eight births from girls aged 11-14 in 2012

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216

Unhappy St Vincent records eight births from girls aged 11-14 in 2012

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

KINGSTOWN, St Vincent (CMC) – Teenage pregnancy continues to be a major concern for the Ministry of Health with eight girls between the ages of 11 and 14 years giving birth in 2012, St Vincent Health Minister Clayton Burgin told Parliament.
    He said that teenage pregnancy remains high even as the nation recorded a constant decrease in the number of babies dying before birth.
    “The area that continues to worry my ministry is teenage pregnancy. The teenage pregnancy rate in 2012 remained high, standing at 17.9 per cent, with eight girls between 11 and 14 giving birth,” he told lawmakers on Monday.
    “A coordinated effort is needed to tackle this problem. It will require the input of every sector of society to correct this problem.”
    The age of consent in St Vincent and the Grenadines is 16 years and a person having sex with a girl under that age can be charged with one or more of several crimes.
    Burgin’s comments came as he lauded improvement in both prenatal and neonatal mortality rates.
    He said the neonatal mortality rates continues to decline, standing at 50.4 per 1,000 in 2010, 11.5 in 2011, and 7.44 in 2012, while the stillbirth rate fell to from 20.3 in 2011 to 14.6 in 2012.
    Burgin said last year, the prenatal mortality rate stood at 22.05 per 1,000 total births the lowest recorded since 2007. In 2010, it was 33.8 and 31.9 in 2011.
    “Mr Speaker, when one considers that St Vincent and the Grenadines does not possess the technological capabilities and sophistication as the more developed countries, to have such a steady decline of deaths in the prenatal period is indeed a remarkable feat,” Burgin said, noting however, there was an increase in the number of babies born with birth defect.
    Burgin said that the figures were in the normal international standards and “even more favourable that some of our Caribbean neighbours and also throughout the world.
    “I am pleased to say that despite our challenges in 2012, the maternal and child health services at the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital and the community health service registered a good year in 2012,” the health minister said

Credits
    Can we extrapolate this data to conclude that vp and his homies are child molestors ?

Credits
    2,466,130,003,239,999,894,719,398,969,643,979,951,637,561,03 2,240,627,990,921,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    Can we extrapolate this data to conclude that vp and his homies are child molestors ?
    This is not a joking matter or Trini vs Vincy
    TC likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    This is not a joking matter or Trini vs Vincy
    So what's IMix doing ? How is the website working to bring awareness and provide solutions ?

Credits
    instigator thread
    mz_JazE and agroDOLCE like this.

Credits
    It seems them GIRLS SEXING YOUNG buoyyyy.

SVG is CATCHING UP with the REST of the REGION and the WORLD.

My RECOMMENDATION is for the GOVERNMENT and other ORGANIZATIONS to have programs that teach the young people about contraceptives.

YUHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    I'm not surprised by those stats after this won the SVG road march in 2011!

GAO - Who jump D Sheep (Official Video 2011)
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socapro View Post
    I'm not surprised by those stats after this won the SVG road march in 2011!

GAO - Who jump D Sheep (Official Video 2011)
    You must be REFERRING to Trinidad.

Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :
    Mr_Crafty likes this.

Credits
    they should have programs to teach about contraceptives and such; however, i find it difficult to believe that ppl that are sexing have no clue that contraceptives exist...esp if you have access to tv and internet. i could just be ignorant...
    IslandmixUSA likes this.

Credits
    i think there is a lil more to it than just knowing that contraceptives exist...what are the ages of the men/boys that impregnated these girls?...what are the socio-economic situations of these girls and their families? are they in school? do they live in rural communities?

also is one thing to teach bout contraceptives but are they readily available?

but most importantly what they should be encouraging is for ppl to STOP BULLIN LIL GIRLS!
    ladyrastafari likes this.
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

ank
    Credits
    education is important . too young is not good for body and mental.
    ladyrastafari likes this.

Credits
    it's quite sad. i think parents also need to be actively engaged the lives of these children

Credits
    SMH@ SVG catching up with the carribean...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughtyshawtie View Post
    i think there is a lil more to it than just knowing that contraceptives exist...what are the ages of the men/boys that impregnated these girls?...what are the socio-economic situations of these girls and their families? are they in school? do they live in rural communities?

also is one thing to teach bout contraceptives but are they readily available?

but most importantly what they should be encouraging is for ppl to STOP BULLIN LIL GIRLS!
    this!!!! like they see little blossoms budding, and they feel the need to touch and destroy them.

Credits
    The biggest hit for one of their recent seasons was some centennial looking focka singing about hooking up with underage girls.

It was a runaway hit in SVG... so much so that the big mouth was crowing about it all season long on this forum.

And to top it off they create a video with the old fogey walking around with young preteen girl and singing to the whole ah SVG that "any number could play".

So why does this news surprise anyone.

I hath 9 and 90 tribulations and nary a one doth concern a wench!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast