Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES NEW ARGYLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OPeNS EARLY 2013

Credits

ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES NEW ARGYLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OPeNS EARLY 2013

St. Vincent and the Grenadines’s New US$240 Million Argyle International Airport Scheduled to Open Early 2013

BusinessWire SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic

St. Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG), a collection of 32 islands and cays in the Southern Caribbean, plans to commence operations of its new Argyle International Airport in early 2013, clearing the path for direct international jet service and expanding its passenger-handling capacity fivefold, said Glen Beache, Chief Executive Officer of the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Tourism Authority.

Mr. Beache shared the news at the 4th Routes Americas event that opened today in the Dominican Republic, which he was attending to meet with airlines and other development partners. It is the first time the Routes Americas conference has been held in the Caribbean.

The progress of the Argyle International Airport, which is expected to attract direct flights from key North American and European gateways, “has sparked the interest of major carriers from the U.S., Canada and Europe along with leading hotel and resort companies who are taking a closer look at investment opportunities in St. Vincent and the Grenadines,” Beache noted.

“On St. Vincent itself,” he added, “the new Buccament Bay Resort, about half an hour’s drive from the new airport, is set to open with 100 rooms in April 2011, with top amenities and facilities to eventually accommodate 1,600 guests. In the Grenadines, CRD Group, an investor in Sandy Lane, Barbados, has agreed to invest over $100 million in the Canouan Resort at Carenage Bay. In Bequia, the Bequia Beach Hotel is expanding from 30 to 65 rooms before year’s end. We see this trend continuing over the next two to three years as a result of the new airport.”

The new Argyle International Airport will replace the existing E.T. Joshua Airport when it is slated to open in early 2013. As the largest development project ever undertaken in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, it is a critical cog in the evolution of the multifaceted, multi-island destination’s growing hospitality sector. Runway and other construction have been moving ahead with 65 percent of the project’s earthworks components completed by the end of 2010.

The new terminal building, which will break ground soon, will have three floors with 129,870 square feet of floor space – designed to handle about 1.4 million passengers per year, more than five times the number of passengers currently passing through the existing airport. “The Argyle International Airport Terminal has been carefully sized to accommodate our expected growth in passenger traffic over both the medium and long terms. Tourism is and is likely to remain our main foreign exchange earner and this investment in major infrastructure development will allow us to attract direct flights from major U.S., Canadian and European cities,” Beache said.

The Argyle International Airport will sit on roughly 175 acres of land, with a paved runway 9,000 feet long and 150 feet wide. The airport is designed to accommodate jets as large as Boeing 747-400s.

The project broke ground on August 13, 2008, and is expected to be complete by the end of 2012. The airport is being developed by the International Airport Development Company (IADC), a private limited liability company wholly owned by the government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

Read more: St. Vincent and the Grenadines’s New US$240 Million Argyle International Airport Scheduled to Open Early 2013

Credits
    ahhhhhhhhh, allyuh now gettin ah airport....neva see come see!

Credits
    good stuff
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Credits
    The airport that TRINIDAD & TOBAGO FUNDED finally opening huh
    Im intoxicated and my speevg gettgdgget.... sorry. And my speech getting complicated

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt file View Post
    The airport that TRINIDAD & TOBAGO FUNDED finally opening huh
    You mean the one that DA KAMLA DIDN'T FUNDED?

Credits
    Ah go ha to see dat to believe it. Yes.
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    I HAVE FAITH IN ULP 2013 Ok booking International Flight for the grand opening
    Link me on fassbook http://www.facebook.com/#!/SocaDivaChandelle
    2 Sweet 2 B 4Gotten:)

Credits
    hope it have a VIP Lounge for Trinbago nationals once we touchdown......dat little filthy room ah had to sit in with commoners wont work again
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by vincyempress View Post
    Ah go ha to see dat to believe it. Yes.

Ah SARRY FO ARYO NDPITES yes

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    hope it have a VIP Lounge for Trinbago nationals once we touchdown......dat little filthy room ah had to sit in with commoners wont work again
    That LITTLE FILTHY room is just what you need, because it fits your IMAGE PERFECTLY.

VIP LOUNGE IS FOR WORTHY PEOPLE...SARRY, YOU ARE UNWORTHY.

Credits
    Congratulations its about time.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by **Vincy-Soca-Diva** View Post
    I HAVE FAITH IN ULP 2013 Ok booking International Flight for the grand opening
    That opening is NOT MISSING ME, as long as I have HEALTH and STRENGTH.

Credits
    Iz so much ah islands make up SVG. All of dem have houses and people?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    That LITTLE FILTHY room is just what you need, because it fits your IMAGE PERFECTLY.

VIP LOUNGE IS FOR WORTHY PEOPLE...SARRY, YOU ARE UNWORTHY.
    Albino boy I was treated like King in SVG when i was dey.........I might go back fuh d opening too tuh fart in d VIP lounge so Ralphy could smell it
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    Albino boy I was treated like King in SVG when i was dey.........I might go back fuh d opening too tuh fart in d VIP lounge so Ralphy could smell it
    Well, if you're treated like a KING, I guess you're KING FILTH in that LITTLE FILTHY ROOM, which is even WROSE than I THOUGHT..

That said; feel FREE to let me KNOW if you're going to be there so I can INTRODUCE myself.

I will GIVE you the GREETING that you DESERVE.

YUHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast