Thread: Spike's new movie

Credits

Spike's new movie

So my first year at grad school I auditioned for a campus production of an august wilson play....made it to final rounds and director was nice and said i had to work on an american accent. So, i ended up running their light board. And de chick who ousted me....well, she's in her first movie as this couple's daughter:

Showtime Site: http://www.sho.com/movies/movies_pro...titleid=118355

Movie Summary:
    Director Ernest ################erson presents this fresh and funny take on upwardly mobile, black middle-class folk (a la Clarence Thomas). Good Fences deftly tells the tale of an ambitious attorney and his family as they climb the rungs of good society. Tom (Danny Glover), determined to end the colored man’s losing streak, gets a crack at a controversial case that may finally move him up and out of his basement of- fice. When he successfully defends the admitted arsonist whose crime caused the painful death of two black teenagers, the family is off to the suburbs. It is 1973, and the lily-white community of Greenwich, Connecticut, doesn’t quite deliver on the promise of the American Dream. While Tom’s career prospers, Mabel (Whoopi Goldberg) endures a housewife’s burden of isolation, anxiety, and pervasive fear as she bites her tongue in the face of her neighbor’s racism and struggles to gain respect from the maid and grocery clerk, all the while dodging the only other black person in the neighborhood—a lottery queen from the hood. With a wonderfully wry and tragicomic sense of humor, ################erson expertly mines the details of domesticity to create this enormously satisfying and insightful study of class mobility and one family’s determination on the front line of the color barrier.

Credits

Re: Spike's new movie

Originally posted by sanfranjouvay
    So my first year at grad school I auditioned for a campus production of an august wilson play....made it to final rounds and director was nice and said i had to work on an american accent. So, i ended up running their light board. And de chick who ousted me....well, she's in her first movie as this couple's daughter:

Showtime Site: http://www.sho.com/movies/movies_pro...titleid=118355

Movie Summary:
    Director Ernest ################erson presents this fresh and funny take on upwardly mobile, black middle-class folk (a la Clarence Thomas). Good Fences deftly tells the tale of an ambitious attorney and his family as they climb the rungs of good society. Tom (Danny Glover), determined to end the colored man’s losing streak, gets a crack at a controversial case that may finally move him up and out of his basement of- fice. When he successfully defends the admitted arsonist whose crime caused the painful death of two black teenagers, the family is off to the suburbs. It is 1973, and the lily-white community of Greenwich, Connecticut, doesn’t quite deliver on the promise of the American Dream. While Tom’s career prospers, Mabel (Whoopi Goldberg) endures a housewife’s burden of isolation, anxiety, and pervasive fear as she bites her tongue in the face of her neighbor’s racism and struggles to gain respect from the maid and grocery clerk, all the while dodging the only other black person in the neighborhood—a lottery queen from the hood. With a wonderfully wry and tragicomic sense of humor, ################erson expertly mines the details of domesticity to create this enormously satisfying and insightful study of class mobility and one family’s determination on the front line of the color barrier.
    Robber....I hope yuh read dis.

Credits
    yeah, I see it. Sanfran I will email it to you soon. Just busy like rass!